Wonderful Copenhagen 2019.

8 hours ago, frederik123456 said:

I think you are being a bit optimistic here. Even though the official plan is to open in July 2019, the metro company now says that it will open "Summer 2019". Plus, they stress that it's still uncertain if they can open then. I would say that it's highly unlikely that they will open before August...

I'm always optimistic. 🙂

11 hours ago, frederik123456 said:

I think you are being a bit optimistic here. Even though the official plan is to open in July 2019, the metro company now says that it will open "Summer 2019". Plus, they stress that it's still uncertain if they can open then. I would say that it's highly unlikely that they will open before August...

I found the "sommeren 2019" reference on the website in Danish. In English they still say July 2019. I have a feeling that the Danish was updated more recently.

But a sign of progress is that the new transfer tunnel at Kongens Nytorv has opened. 

Now it of course only leads to the M1/M2 platform but it will eventually also lead to the M3/M4 platform. 

Access is from the end of Strøget. 

A lot of critical tests and deadlines will happen in April and only after that we know whats up. 

• Like 1

Hello,

I was wondering if you could help at all?. Will be on Celebrity Silhouette stopping overnight 4th/5th June with my family. My situation is that I’m a wheelchair user and I’m trying  to find a fairly reasonable priced tour to do some sightseeing. I’ve been in touch with a few companies that are charging a lot because I have said I use a wheelchair. I can transfer into a car & wheelchair can be folded and put in the boot, I can just about manage transferring into for example a Mercedes v class. So is really doesn’t really have to be an adapted vehicle. I wondering about whether I can get on the hop on hop buses?. A walking tour probably wouldn’t  suit as my father although walks he struggles with bad knees so too much would be difficult. If you could recommend anything at all I’d really appreciate it. There’s no accessible tours onboard Celebrity for our sailing. Thanks in advance.

Edited by dillie

2 hours ago, dillie said:

Hello,

I was wondering if you could help at all?. Will be on Celebrity Silhouette stopping overnight 4th/5th June with my family. My situation is that I’m a wheelchair user and I’m trying  to find a fairly reasonable priced tour to do some sightseeing. I’ve been in touch with a few companies that are charging a lot because I have said I use a wheelchair. I can transfer into a car & wheelchair can be folded and put in the boot, I can just about manage transferring into for example a Mercedes v class. So is really doesn’t really have to be an adapted vehicle. I wondering about whether I can get on the hop on hop buses?. A walking tour probably wouldn’t  suit as my father although walks he struggles with bad knees so too much would be difficult. If you could recommend anything at all I’d really appreciate it. There’s no accessible tours onboard Celebrity for our sailing. Thanks in advance.

A quick Google search resulted in the following site called, "How to Get Around Copenhagen, Denmark in a Wheelchair".  It's got a ton of useful information, including this statement:

"If you’re looking for a pre-chosen route hitting all of the tourist hotspots, Copenhagen’s Hop-On, Hop-Off buses – while not official city buses and are certainly more expensive than city buses – are an all-accessible alternative."

See:  https://www.curbfreewithcorylee.com/2017/09/18/wheelchair-accessible-transportation-copenhagen-denmark/

And this from the official Copenhagen Tourism Office:

https://www.visitcopenhagen.com/traveltrade/copenhagen/accessible-copenhagen

Edited by GradUT

Thanks for your help again. I’m in touch with a guide now that sounds promising. I do just have a couple more questions if that’s ok?. I was wondering if you knew if Celebrity do Shuttle buses into Copenhagen, how much that is & where it stops?. Or roughly how much a taxi might be from the Ocean Quay Terminal into Copenhagen? No worries if not thanks again. 

We talked earlier about the Fredagsrocl concerts at Tivoli each Friday.

The lineup is ready now and the term "rock" should be taken lightly. 

The type of crowd will be much different and also the size. 

If any of your planned Tivoli trips are on one of these days then just let me know and I will try to desribe what it will be like. 

https://www.fredagsrock.dk/en

Edited by Danish viking

On 2/26/2019 at 3:00 AM, Turtles06 said:

There’s also a 10am start.  I agree, it’s a great way to get a good feel for the center of the city, especially the day you arrive.  Since we couldn’t check in to our hotel yet, it was an excellent way to spend that time.

Where is the 10am start located? Thank you

On 3/7/2019 at 1:10 AM, Danish viking said:

If you are not to tired the first day then its a good idea to maybe get dinner in Tivoli (or Tivoli Food Hall) around 19:00 or 20:00. 

Then after dinner you can enjoy Tivoli as it gets darker and all the lights will be ok display. 

But remember if it's a Friday then there will be a huge concert in Tivoli, we have that each Friday. 

Your hotel is not long away from the town hall square where most walking tour starts. 

So if there is one early enough on the Saturday then its probably a good idea to do that early on Saturday. 

Then return to your hotel and get a taxi from there. 

The canal tour can be combined with a walk a long Strøget, One if the longest pedestrian Streets in the world. 

You can walk from your hotel walk a long Strøget. 

When you come to Højbro Plads you turn left a little bit until you reach Rundetårn (the round tower). 

Then you walk back to Strøget, continue to Kongens Nytorv and Nyhavn from where the canal tours departs. 

Then after that head back a long Strøget to Tivoli. 

If the new metro line is open at that time you can take the metro back if you don't want to walk anymore. 🙂

The metro is supposed to open in the start of July. 

Thank you so much for the very helpful information. I don’t think the new metro will be open for our return to the hotel after the canal tour. Will there be a bus available to get us back instead? 

2 hours ago, zumbagold said:

Where is the 10am start located? Thank you

It's the "Grand Tour of Copenhagen," offered by Copenhagen Free Walking Tours, and they start from the City Hall Steps.  Right now, their web site only shows 11am starts, perhaps they offer more in the summer.  (Last summer, they did have 10am and 11am starts.)  You could email them to ask.

http://www.copenhagenfreewalkingtours.dk/

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

It's the "Grand Tour of Copenhagen," offered by Copenhagen Free Walking Tours, and they start from the City Hall Steps.  Right now, their web site only shows 11am starts, perhaps they offer more in the summer.  (Last summer, they did have 10am and 11am starts.)  You could email them to ask.

http://www.copenhagenfreewalkingtours.dk/

I had already been researching these free walking tours, which seemed to get great reviews.  Glad to hear someone else mention them.  They also have the Christianhavn and Classical tours, which are 3 hours, for those who may already have some experience with Copenhagen.  Thinking of doing one or both of those.

I think they are legit, since I had heard in some posts that one needs to be careful about scams.

Had an enjoyable time in London taking London Walking tours and think this might be a great way to see large cities.

7 hours ago, Danish viking said:

If any of your planned Tivoli trips are on one of these days then just let me know and I will try to desribe what it will be like. 

I was just checking this myself and I'm pumped to see that I'll be there for Lauryn Hill!  That being said, I think we're more interested in seeing the Tivoli Gardens atmosphere at night and the concert is just a bonus.  What's the best plan if we arrive late afternoon and want to walk around, grab dinner, ride the ferris wheel, and catch a little bit of the concert?

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

I had already been researching these free walking tours, which seemed to get great reviews.  Glad to hear someone else mention them.  They also have the Christianhavn and Classical tours, which are 3 hours, for those who may already have some experience with Copenhagen.  Thinking of doing one or both of those.

I think they are legit, since I had heard in some posts that one needs to be careful about scams.

Had an enjoyable time in London taking London Walking tours and think this might be a great way to see large cities.

They are legit, we did the Grand Tour last summer.  You don’t pay any money up front, just at the end if you are satisfied. And we were.  :classic_smile:  It was an excellent introduction to the city, and a good use of our time after a very early morning arrival, when we could not check into our hotel.

7 hours ago, zumbagold said:

Thank you so much for the very helpful information. I don’t think the new metro will be open for our return to the hotel after the canal tour. Will there be a bus available to get us back instead? 

Yes Bus 26 towards Langelinie/Orientkaj or Færge terminal Søndre Frihavn from Town hall square, on the corner with Tivoli and Industriens Hus.

It will take you to Kongens Nytorv. 

You can also get bus 1A towards Hellerup but then you have to take it from Glyptoteket on the north eastern corner of Tivoli

There is and exit there. 

2 hours ago, ubarpants said:

I was just checking this myself and I'm pumped to see that I'll be there for Lauryn Hill!  That being said, I think we're more interested in seeing the Tivoli Gardens atmosphere at night and the concert is just a bonus.  What's the best plan if we arrive late afternoon and want to walk around, grab dinner, ride the ferris wheel, and catch a little bit of the concert?

From my experience the crowd really just start to build up around 20:00 so if you arrive around 17:00 or 18:00 you have plenty of time to get some dinner and try some of the rides. 

Her last concert wasn't a sold out (she played for 5-6000 people in a 10.000 capacity venue) so I don't know how popular this concert is. 

But I'm guessing that it should be possible to get a good look from behind the stage, near the water fountain. 

It's best to avoid standing to the far right of the stage (when looking at it) because the terrain is a little bit lower than the area infront of the stage. 

I have managed to "see" an entire Aqua concert without having a look at the stage for 1 second because of this.

But Aqua is also hugely popular here in Denmark. 

On 3/23/2019 at 5:54 PM, Danish viking said:

If I plan to go to Tivoli earlier in the day will we be told to leave during the concert time? Also if not is there an extra cost for the concerts? We plan on visiting on a Friday and having dinner somewhere in Tivoli. Thanks

i think the 25 bus from Norreport is the best option for us as it's in walking distance of our hotel , is the bus stop clearly marked ? as on google maps i cant see exactly where it is.

when we return our first thought was a taxi to airport , but seen as we have time as our flight is at lunchtime which is the best route on public transport.

TIA

If you choose Nørreport then a map will show up. 

For some reason 25 is not marked but it is the bus stops infront of Tornebuskgade. 

https://dinoffentligetransport.dk/trafikinformation/trafikkort/her-holder-bussen/

If you take public transport to the airport then I will suggest that you get of Østerport if you are on the 25 or simply just take bus 27 to the end of the line. 

From Østerport you can catch a airport train every 10th minute. 

They are more comfy than the metro from Nørreport. 

Hello Danish Viking - do you have any insight on the Anderson Boutique Hotel?  We will be in Copenhagen for 2 nights before  our cruise and wondered if this might be a decent and convenient hotel for touring the City

Also, when we disembark on Sunday June 9 around 7:30-8:00 am we need to get to the airport as soon as possible.  Can we expect to find taxis at the pier (oceankaj) or should we pre-arrange a ride - will be 4 adults?

Thank you!