Wonderful Copenhagen 2019.

1 hour ago, Piyley said:

I also have a quick question about taking public transit from the cruise port to get to the city center (Nyhavn).  From the port, I believe we have to take a bus to the metro station, and then take the metro to the city center.  Can we purchase bus tickets on the bus without dkk? If not, can we pre-purchase bus tickets at the airport for use in 2 weeks? Also, can the same ticket for the bus be used for the metro? As in do I need to get 2 tickets?

We had bought the Copenhagen Card, which also includes most transportation.  On the bus the driver just examined our cards.  In earlier posts someone talked about how you could use a mobile app to or purchase a ride if you did not want or have DKK.  Search for “Mobilbilletter DOT” in AppleStore.

Its not possible to prepay the  ticket but there is a kiosk at Oceankaj that sells 2 and 3 zone tickets.

If you get on the 27 bus you can´t use the metro from Nørreport but then you just change to bus 26 towards Ålholm Plads, it also stops at Nyhavn.

Hello Danish viking I was wondering if you could help me with a couple of questions?. My family & I are on Celebrity Silhouette stopping overnight in Copenhagen 4th and 5th June have booked Hop on hop off tour passes With Tivoli Gardens passes we can’t wait. But we have a couple questions if that’s ok. We have worked out the hop on hop off buses will have stopped by the time we’ve finished at Tivoli and thought we’d get a taxi back to the ship at Oceankaj. Do you recommend a taxi company? Should we prebook a taxi? Are there taxis near Tivoli we can get?. How much roughly for 4 adults?. Also we have a collapsible wheelchair that folds in the boot of a car. 

Thanks Dillie

1 hour ago, Danish viking said:

There are lots of taxies at the central station just next to Tivoli. 

All the companies has the same rate so it doesn't matter what cambany you'll use. 

Ok thank you. Thats good to know they’re are next to Tivoli.

12 hours ago, Danish viking said:

All the companies has the same rate so it doesn't matter what cambany you'll use. 

Actually, this is a thing of the past. With the new taxi law, prices have been deregulated so the taxi companies have different rates. There is, however, a maximum rate and the company rates are generally quite close to those. So there is not much of a difference, but there is one!

Sorry If I got this info wrong, I come from a town with only one taxi company so I didn´t know they now were allowed to have different prices.

But I´m guessing they keep their prices very close to each other.

I did now about the surge pricing but I thought it was only on special occasions like Christmas, new year etc they were allowed to do this.

Thank you so much, Danish Viking; your posts are so helpful.  I have read all of the posts in this topic and have gotten a lot of good information.  I do have some questions.  My husband and I are arriving on September 1st.  We are thinking of taking public transportation both to our hotel from the airport and from our hotel to the cruise terminal (Oceankaj), rather than using taxis for these.  (We haven't decided between the CityPass and  the Copenhagen card yet, but will probably have one of them.). I have looked up on Google Maps how to get between the airport and our hotel (Hotel Kong Arthur), between the hotel and the cruise terminal, and between our hotel and City Hall Square.  Unfortunately, I don't know how I will recognize what it tells me to take - whether it's a train, metro or bus, and where to pick it up.  So could you please tell me how to use the transportation system using the above 3 routes? And, also one more question - is there any need to purchase tickets for Tivoli or Canal cruises ahead of time? Are there usually long lines for these tickets, or are they often sold out?  I would rather not take a Canal Cruise if it's raining hard out!  (If we have a Copenhagen. Card, the question is moot.)

Thanks again, for you help.

Nancy 

From the airport to hotel you have 2 options.

Metro M2 towards Vanløse and get off at Nørreport, this option has the most frequent departures but it can get really crowded on the last part near Nørreport.

Or take a Øresundstog towards Nivå or Helsingør and get off at Nørreport.

From the hotel to Oceankaj you just walk to Nørreport and take bus 25 directly to Oceankaj, it departs every 20th minute.

From your hotel you just walk 250 meters to the Søtorvet (Frederksborggade) bus stop where you can take bus 5C towards the airport directly to the town hall square.

Regarding lines at Tivoli and canal tour, the only line you need to worry about is if you want to visit Tivoli on a Friday night when the Fredagsrock concerts take place.

9 hours ago, Wyoming2010 said:

I'd love to print out all this great information.  Is there any way to print out the whole thread, or only page by page?  Thanks. 

It's been a while since I've printed a thread, but in the past, if you started at the first page and hit print, the whole thread would print.  I will warn you, however, that it will be a ton of pages, many of them wasted and repetitive because people quote posts, etc.   Printing from a message board is not as tidy as printing a Word document. 

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Danish viking said:

Would it help to copy the text you need into a word document, this way you can take out repeated text from quotes and abd questions from other users you don't need. 

Unfortunately, that is a lot of work for a 10 page thread.

7 hours ago, Danish viking said:

Would it help to copy the text you need into a word document, this way you can take out repeated text from quotes and abd questions from other users you don't need. 

Since not everything in the post applies to everyone, that is a good solution.  When I first found this thread that’s what I did with the information of specific interest to me and it worked out nicely.  I’ve added to that post by copy-pasting additional information from the growing thread.

Edited by h2so4
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Danish viking said:

3 hours ago, h2so4 said:

Since not everything in the post applies to everyone, that is a good solution.  When I first found this thread that’s what I did with the information of specific interest to me and it worked out nicely.  I’ve added to that post by copy-pasting additional information from the growing thread.

I agree that this is a good way to go; there is so much here that is specific to just the person who asked. 

On 5/29/2019 at 7:21 AM, gnome12 said:

Unfortunately, that is a lot of work for a 10 page thread.

True, but I work in a University Library and with the students gone for the summer, there is a LOT of down time  LOL.  This would be a good project to start for our Copenhagen trip.  Thanks all. 

• Haha 1

My hubby and I will celebrate our 30th anniversary while in Copenhagen on our cruise. I know there are lots of beautiful places to get a photo that day but was wondering if there would be any spots that would be great and close to the ship. I would like to get a more dressed up photo then go back to the ship and change into comfortable clothes for the day. We arrive at 5 am and leave at 6pm. But maybe too silly to bring clothes just for a picture as I am trying to pack light for exploring Germany after our cruise so might not but thought I would check out locations just in case. Thank you!

Where are you docking. 

If it's Oceankaj there is nothing of interest near the ship. 

However if it's Nordre Toldbod or Langeliniekaj you are next to the beautiful Kastellet fortress and also the Little Mermaid. 

9 hours ago, Danish viking said:

Where are you docking. 

If it's Oceankaj there is nothing of interest near the ship. 

However if it's Nordre Toldbod or Langeliniekaj you are next to the beautiful Kastellet fortress and also the Little Mermaid. 

But do not waste your time on the Mermaid, the most overrated tourist site anywhere( along with the Mannekin Pis in Brussels). Copenhagen is great: the little mermaid a massive let down !!!! Even the backdrop of an oil depot makes photos impossible,

On 5/29/2019 at 12:56 AM, Danish viking said:

On 5/29/2019 at 8:36 AM, h2so4 said:

On 5/29/2019 at 12:27 PM, Turtles06 said:

I agree that this is a good way to go; there is so much here that is specific to just the person who asked. 

I agree.  Copying to a WORD document would not only save a bunch of paper, but you could print what is of interest to you and you could also neatly highlight  the important items.  If you print the whole thread, it would be rather cumbersome to carry with you and also time consuming to sort through.

Kathy

We arrive in Copenhagen on 20 August at 8:30 (Viking Sea). CMPort website indicates the ship will berth at Langelinie, C190. We’re trying to make a day tour that departs from H.C Andersens Boulevard at 9:30. Tour operator indicated we may have difficulty arriving on time for the tour’s departure, because of time needed to clear customs upon disembarkation and his estimate of a 30 minute taxi to the meetup point. 

Danish Viking and I Am a Dane (and any other Copenhagen locals), do you think we can realistically make the tour at that time of day? I haven’t confirmed the booking yet and am reluctant to finalize it unless we’re confident we can arrive on time. 

To others who’ve traveled to Copenhagen recently via cruise ship, did you go through passport control or clear customs when you disembarked or encounter a delay leaving the ship (if so, how long)? Did your ship arrive late in port?

Thanks in advance for your information.

For a stopover I don't think you need to clear costoms but other guest may be more specific about this. 

Also a taxi ride from Langelinie to Rådhuspladsen should not take more than 10 minutes and bus 26 will take you almost directly from the pier to Rådhuspladsen in 21 minutes.