Cabin Door decorations -- Rules, etc.

Newbie2006

I've seen on youtube that some cruisers decorate their room door. I've never done this, but thought it is a cool idea.

Do Celebrity cruisers do this?

Are there any fire hazard rules?

What about anything that would be good/bad taste in door decor?

I am thinking of putting up something sweet & simple, but might expand a little if I feel it would be appropriate.

Should be ok - just use magnetic tape which you can find at Michael's ...

If you want to see door decorations, google "Disney cabin door decorations" under Images; as this will be our first non-Disney cruise in years, going to miss it a bit - lol …

I have decorated our door on many cruises.  Dollar Store Halloween decor then leave in cabin at end of cruise and tell the room steward he is welcome to take it or throw it.  Also a group of us from our home state made matching door decorations.  Fun to see but mainly makes room very easy to find without counting doors and numbers.  

The cruise we are going on in March is for our honeymoon . . . getting married 2 days before cruise leaves port. I was just going to put a sign that said "Just Married" and the date on it ❤️ (sweet & simple). I figure it'd help recognize our door, and would sort of be like the sign on the back of a car after a wedding . . . people normally don't decorate their car . . . but after a wedding, some decoration is appropriate.

Just debating whether magnets or 3m strips are the way to go to adhere the sign . . .  maybe bring both.

We bought magnetic printer sheets and printed out an 8 1/2 X 11 poster with our names, Cruise Critic handle, a drawing of a cruise ship, and our hometown. We use it on each cruise. Prior to making the generic poster, we made one for each cruise with the ports listed. It makes it easier to find the room if you are in the middle of a long hall. 

Your idea sounds lovely. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

• Like 1

I’m a decorator.  I managed a Christmas tree for years for our Disney December pilgrimages.

first decorated cruise was our wedding on the Radiance of the Seas in Alaska.  Tulle bunting and bows on our balcony with a Just Married banner inside the balcony glass.  Door decorations as well.

we head to Bermuda 1 September and I’m already busy.

We will be joined by our best friend in an aft facing Handicap cabin.  Our door will be decorated especially because my birthday is half way through the cruise,

For some cabin privacy, I have a cloth shower curtain (tropical theme of course) and magnetic hooks.

We can hang the curtain between the bed and sleeper sofa for privacy at night and move it over across the cabin from the bathroom to create a very comfortable dressing room.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Donut23 said:

I’m a decorator.  I managed a Christmas tree for years for our Disney December pilgrimages.

first decorated cruise was our wedding on the Radiance of the Seas in Alaska.  Tulle bunting and bows on our balcony with a Just Married banner inside the balcony glass.  Door decorations as well.

we head to Bermuda 1 September and I’m already busy.

We will be joined by our best friend in an aft facing Handicap cabin.  Our door will be decorated especially because my birthday is half way through the cruise,

For some cabin privacy, I have a cloth shower curtain (tropical theme of course) and magnetic hooks.

We can hang the curtain between the bed and sleeper sofa for privacy at night and move it over across the cabin from the bathroom to create a very comfortable dressing room.

I would love to see some pictures if you have any!

I also put up a shower curtain between the beds for privacy and for dressing.  (Yellow with different color frogs!)

My sister and her fiance are coming with us in October and I am going to decorate their door.  Not sure what theme yet,  although they both love fish and aquariums.

Edited by micheleata

Door decorations are more of a Royal C thing..but  you can do whatever you like within good taste. We  hang up our Cruise Critic door sign.

On our Infinity Halloween Cruise some of the doors were amazing!

2 hours ago, micheleata said:

I would love to see some pictures if you have any!

I also put up a shower curtain between the beds for privacy and for dressing.  (Yellow with different color frogs!)

My sister and her fiance are coming with us in October and I am going to decorate their door.  Not sure what theme yet,  although they both love fish and aquariums.

There is a store on ETSY - mostly Disney stuff but Many things for door and cabin decorations.

i ordered magnetic hooks to hang on the overhead to hang my shower curtain.

only photo I have is this one of the sign I’ll put on my rental scooter.  It will have AT LEAST little teeny lights on the front basket.

Here is a photo of why we love aft facing balconies.

075A6B93-7371-4964-B57D-8DE5E6939524.jpeg

F928645A-7EB2-4333-AF97-E14A9416908D.png

• Like 1