What is your favourite Princess Ship and why?

Bubbs33

Our first cruise is to Alaska is booked for July. We are looking to book a Caribbean cruise for January 2020. Our options are Regal, Sky, Caribbean or Crown. Which ship do you like and why? We are mid 50s couple. Enjoy most activities but not big on overcrowded spaces.

Appreciate your perspectives.

It depends on what you want: 

Royal & Sky are very similar with more geared towards ship experience with upscale shopping

Caribbean: out of dry dock in June 2019 with revamped experiences Inc new waterpark

Crown 

Our favorite isn’t one of your options.  It’s the Coral.  We love it for its complete promenade deck and for the excellent fore and aft viewing spots.  We also like it’s size.  We will be trying the Caribbean and the Crown in the next few months.

Since you mention crowding as a concern. The Regal felt less crowded to us even though it carries more passengers. Particularly in the buffet area. That said we have cruises on the Crown and Caribbean booked. we can always find quiet places and times. The full promenade on these ships is a plus.

11 hours ago, Bubbs33 said:

Our first cruise is to Alaska is booked for July. We are looking to book a Caribbean cruise for January 2020. Our options are Regal, Sky, Caribbean or Crown. Which ship do you like and why? We are mid 50s couple. Enjoy most activities but not big on overcrowded spaces.

We have only been on 3 of the 4 :classic_wink:🤣

My favorite, overall would be the Regal.  It absolutely beautiful, never felt crowded (except around Princess Live), has a great running/walking track and along with its sister ships, a fantastic buffet.  We also really enjoyed the Winemaker's Dinner.

Having said all that, for a Caribbean cruise I would probably prefer the Crown or Caribbean due to the better pool setup, including the adult only Terrace Pool at the ships stern (decks 14/15).  So much so that we sailed on the Crown last September in the Mediterranean and will again in the Caribbean at the end of March is the same cabin on Deck 14, very close to the Terrace Pool.  I also like that the Calypso and Neptune Pools are separate, therefore allowing us to avoid MUTS.

I know some disagree, but we enjoyed the updated buffet setup on the Caribbean.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bubbs33 said:

We are booked on Crown Princess in January 2020 and would love to cruise with you.

Sail Dates:  January 6, 2020 and January 16, 2020.  

They are 10 day cruises so you could book either or both.  :classic_cool:

LuLu  

I love a positive post....   Our favourite is the Golden... it has a nice feel., to some a little old school but we like it...... love the aft cabins particularly the suites... the best view from skywalkers, particularly on sea days.

The staff every time we have been on her has been great... It was first Princess ship we have been on and for us is ticked all the boxes....and got us hook on cruising and princess.

We will be on her again in a little over two weeks, then again at the end of the year...

To us it is like coming home.... the yes we get excited as we pull up beside her at the port... knowing we will be soon on board.......

It is the vibe.... yes it is the vibe of the ship, I rest my case ( after it is unpacked and under the bed )

But truly any of the grand class ships would be great.....

Must start packing

Cheers Don 

378079051_GoldenatGisborneNZfeb-18.thumb.jpg.3bc3579830fde346c02f7c56bdadf3a4.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bmc alabama said:

I still have a soft spot for the old Dawn Princess.  That was the first ship I ever cruised on and still one of my favorites!

We still have her sister ships, Sun and Sea, down here in Australia. And Dawn is now P&O Australia's Pacific Explorer.

I like Sun Princess because of the smaller size and lovely promenade deck, and Diamond Princess.

Please keep in mind the OP is asking about a Princess cruise to the Caribbean in January 2020 with the only choices being Regal, Sky, Caribbean , or Crown. 

Which of these four ships do you like best and would recommend?

Edited by OCruisers

4 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

Please keep in mind the OP is asking about a Princess cruise to the Caribbean in January 2020 with the only choices being Regal, Sky, Caribbean , or Crown. 

My bad, was going by title of the post...

6 minutes ago, ne1travel said:

My bad, was going by title of the post...

You are not alone ... As did most of us at first.  

Do agreee with you ... if she had been included, we also love Coral Princess.  

Edited by OCruisers

7 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Sorry I did it to..... only read the title...... can I claim a seniors moment...

I think the Caribbean or Crown.

Sometime to pays to read before typing

Don

As did many of us at first so you aren't the only one.