FUTURE CRUISE CREDITS

mcrcruiser

What are the benefits if you buy future cruise credits  aboard a HAL cruise  ship & use then on the same ship to book a future cruise  ? Does the On Board Credit actually double buying & applying them right away ?   Thinking of a 18 night Hawaii cruise March 18 2020 which is  a  18 night cruise ,aboard Eurodam  .We will be on 2 HAL cruises March & April 2019 ,so we could purchase them then 

2nd question  can we then   transfer  the booked cruise over to our Travel Agent   ? 

You can transfer the booking to your TA when you get home.

You don't get double shipboard credit when you book while cruising.  Once you get home and change the booking to your TA, have your TA call HAL and mention the ZPM promotion so that you can get that extra shipboard credit.  It usually comes in either the "thank you for sailing with us" or with the survey.

When we booked a cruise while cruise, we had it moved to our TA right away.

It was my understanding that if you purchase a Future Cruise Credit, you couldn't use it to book while you were on that cruise, it had to be used when you left the ship.  Am I wrong?

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂 🙂

Unless things have changed recently, and things do change constantly, bookings on board include the returning guest (ZPM/ZPN) credit so in fact the credits are "doubled".

Also unless things have changed, any booking on board gets automatically assigned to the TA who is responsible for the cruise you are currently on - no choice in the matter. It would then be up to the TA to allow a transfer back to HAL, or not (most likely).

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Also unless things have changed, any booking on board gets automatically assigned to the TA who is responsible for the cruise you are currently on - no choice in the matter. It would then be up to the TA to allow a transfer back to HAL, or not (most likely).

On the form there is a “Check this box” area if you do not wish this credit to be applied to your current TA.... or words to that effect. So, yes, there is an option.  🙂 

45 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

On the form there is a “Check this box” area if you do not wish this credit to be applied to your current TA.... or words to that effect. So, yes, there is an option.  🙂 

I will check again next week, but I was reminded last week by my PCC that any cruise booked onboard would be assigned to the TA.

3 minutes ago, richwmn said:

I will check again next week, but I was reminded last week by my PCC that any cruise booked onboard would be assigned to the TA.

I apologize.  I was speaking in reference to the future cruise deposit form; not to an actual booking.  I have no knowledge of those.  Sorry!

I am going to have to disagree with KK (post #2); you do get double onboard credit when you book a future cruise with a future cruise consultant while on your current cruise.

The FCCs inundate you with info on this perk in stateroom mailings, presentations, When & Where announcements, and signage around the ship. There is nothing wrong with booking onboard, but you can get the same deal by using FCDs with your regular TA and applying the ZPM promo (you have to book within a certain time after your last cruise, something like within 60 or 90 days). 

The last time we booked onboard we used FCDs and got double onboard credits. The booking confirmation listed FCC (future cruise consultant) as the "travel agent". I believe it is true that if you normally use a HAL personal cruise consultant, they cannot get an FCC booking transferred to the PCC. At least our PCC could not do it. She did help with transferring it to a big box TA so that we could get some extra OBC. 

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

Do check again.  It's been a while since I did this but I did sign a separate form that moved the booking from my TA for the current cruise to my PCC.  Things may have changed; I tend now to get FCDs only and book when I'm ready.

8 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

You don't get double shipboard credit when you book while cruising. 

Sure you do.

4 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

I am going to have to disagree with KK (post #2); you do get double onboard credit when you book a future cruise with a future cruise consultant while on your current cruise.

You are correct. This changed several years ago when people who had a cruise they wanted were merely purchasing the Future Cruise Deposit while on board, then using it shortly after they disembarked to purchase the cruise and get the ZPM bonus. It was combined to save that extra step.

22 hours ago, richwmn said:

Unless things have changed recently, and things do change constantly, bookings on board include the returning guest (ZPM/ZPN) credit so in fact the credits are "doubled".

100% agree with the first part of this answer, while it was not always that way it has been for at least the past 2 years.  With respect to the transfer to the "TA  who is responsible for the cruise you are currently on" we have always been asked by the FCC when booking on board if we want it transferred to our current TA.  Now we always do that booking in person rather than filling out paper work and dropping it off so perhaps the "do it yourself" method doesn't allow that option.  Just know that on all our HAL cruises we have made booking for the following year and always had the option. 

Our last two cruises were booked while on board and we received double the OBC for doing so.   We were later able to add the perks of a another promotion which included paid gratuities and a beverage card, plus there was a price drop.   We will be looking to book our next possible cruise while on the Noordam this fall.

Another factoid on the FCC issue.  If you want a back to back separately listed sailing you have to buy FCC for both cruises. ie. 7 day from BOS to Montreal and 7 day Montreal to BOS requires $400 deposit not $200 as it used to be (14 day). Then you will get the double bonus for each segment. This a recent change.

We booked a cruise while on our Bermuda cruise last May. I told her not to transfer the booking to the ta whom I had booked with as I wanted to do my own research. She said that was fine, and when I did transfer it I had to let Hal know I was doin this.

9 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Does anyone have a current breakdown of the onboard credit amounts for booking onboard by room type and sailing length?  I'm looking for the amounts when selecting a SPECIFIC ship/date not the open booking deposit option.  Thanks in advance!

I just compared the form I received 2 days ago to the one from 2014 on HALfacts. The amounts are still the same

5 minutes ago, richwmn said:

I just compared the form I received 2 days ago to the one from 2014 on HALfacts. The amounts are still the same

Thanks!  So if I book a specific ship/date while onboard I should then get the ZPM bonus and double the amounts shown, correct?  We are looking at an 11nt on the Zuiderdam for Feb 2021, but want to wait and book while onboard for the bonus :) 

1 hour ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Thanks!  So if I book a specific ship/date while onboard I should then get the ZPM bonus and double the amounts shown, correct?  We are looking at an 11nt on the Zuiderdam for Feb 2021, but want to wait and book while onboard for the bonus 🙂

Yes, that is correct

17 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Thanks!  So if I book a specific ship/date while onboard I should then get the ZPM bonus and double the amounts shown, correct?  We are looking at an 11nt on the Zuiderdam for Feb 2021, but want to wait and book while onboard for the bonus :) 

Good to know, I just picked out a cruise I want to book for 2021 as well, will book it onboard the Koningsdam next month............thanks for the info.

• 3 months later...

I hope it's still okay to ask question on this topic, which is a few months old.  Found it while researching... We are going on cruise in a week, first with Holland America.  I'm trying to educate myself about future cruise booking while on board.  Do I need to take notes and understand it all before I go?  Or can I rely on the future cruise people on board to give me ALL the lowdown that benefits me the best?  I'm getting confused with all the Z-codes and such!  Just don't want to be post cruise and I hear that I should have asked for such and such.  Thanks for any help you can give this newbie.

Best advice,  buy some Future Cruise Deposits,   They are completely refundable, a lower deposit usually and give you on-board credit.  The on-board credit is the same whether you book on board or within 60 days with the welcome home ZPM bonus. 

So so many people pass up the opportunity to have this on-board credit in addition to what perks they book.  It has certainly been worthwhile for us. Pays for my wine! 

2 hours ago, mosaictraveler said:

I hope it's still okay to ask question on this topic, which is a few months old.  Found it while researching... We are going on cruise in a week, first with Holland America.  I'm trying to educate myself about future cruise booking while on board.  Do I need to take notes and understand it all before I go?  Or can I rely on the future cruise people on board to give me ALL the lowdown that benefits me the best?  I'm getting confused with all the Z-codes and such!  Just don't want to be post cruise and I hear that I should have asked for such and such.  Thanks for any help you can give this newbie.

I would educate myself beforehand.  I have found that the future cruise staff are generally not very interested in selling the FCDs( future cruise deposits) and I would not trust them to give you the correct story, especially when it comes to how the "Thank you for sailing with us" email and promotion code ZPM is involved.  Remember, they are there to SELL you a cruise then and there, not to tell you about all your other options.  Maybe I am being a bit negative, but why not be prepared for yourself.

Do a bit of research on this board and you will find some very detailed information on how this works (FCDs are a great product IMO, especially when you match them with the promo code ZPM (within 60 days of your last cruise)).  

Further, if you know for certain what you want, there is nothing wrong with booking onboard and getting the extra OBC upfront.  Its just that when you are doing in with the FCC, it can be difficult to think through your options while being pressed for time.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

.....Further, if you know for certain what you want, there is nothing wrong with booking onboard and getting the extra OBC upfront.  Its just that when you are doing in with the FCC, it can be difficult to think through your options while being pressed for time.

Thabks, I will do a little studying. Leave soon and meet our ship in a week.