Celebrity Bloody Marys 🤗

Donut23

Hello Celebrity Peoples

Hubs and I are planning a trip to Bermuda this summer.  It has been a long time since I sailed on Celebrity and I have an important question.  😉

How are the Bloody Marys on Celebrity?

Through my years of exhausting research I have found a Princess Bloody Mary second only to Easton’s Tidewater Inn (Rim dipped in Old Bay and a giant Shrimp on top.)  (Giant Shrimp - a Non sequitur).  At sea, Princess is the winner.

How are Celebrity’s Bloodies?

thanks!

7 minutes ago, Donut23 said:

Hello Celebrity Peoples

Hubs and I are planning a trip to Bermuda this summer.  It has been a long time since I sailed on Celebrity and I have an important question.  😉

How are the Bloody Marys on Celebrity?

Through my years of exhausting research I have found a Princess Bloody Mary second only to Easton’s Tidewater Inn (Rim dipped in Old Bay and a giant Shrimp on top.)  (Giant Shrimp - a Non sequitur).  At sea, Princess is the winner.

How are Celebrity’s Bloodies?

thanks!

They are average.  I like their bloody caesars better.  

No shrimp but you can get celery and / olives in it.  I like a bit more horseradish in mine.  

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

They are average.  I like their bloody caesars better.  

No shrimp but you can get celery and / olives in it.  I like a bit more horseradish in mine.  

Phoey!

Princess’ Bloodies are pink with horseradish, maybe even a touch of Old Bay and other goodies.  The glass is full of olives pickled green bean and asparagus, lemon.

Generally I don’t drink but I break the rules for Princess. 

They are the same in the Princess Lodges in Alaska.

i was hoping for a mini miracle because Royal’s are forgettable.

(laughing to myself as I type).  I can see it now.  I’ll squeeze in a small jar of horseradish and old bay in our med bag with the ice pack.  Hahaha?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Donut23 said:

Phoey!

Princess’ Bloodies are pink with horseradish, maybe even a touch of Old Bay and other goodies.  The glass is full of olives pickled green bean and asparagus, lemon.

Generally I don’t drink but I break the rules for Princess. 

They are the same in the Princess Lodges in Alaska.

i was hoping for a mini miracle because Royal’s are forgettable.

(laughing to myself as I type).  I can see it now.  I’ll squeeze in a small jar of horseradish and old bay in our med bag with the ice pack.  Hahaha?

I guess it must depend on the bartender.  I got one a few months ago ... it was up by the pool.  It was meh at best.  I even got it with Grey Goose ... but it was still just ok.  I guess it didn't help he had to give it to me in a plastic glass.  He didn't even have the celery at his bar but I did get olives.  I had a feeling it was just V8 (not even the spicy one).  

I do have to say, I was just down in Vegas and had one of the best bloody caesars in my life....at the Cromwell.  It was at the machines, too....so not even a special creation at the bar.  Alas, I digress .... 

If you have the premium package ask for a double shot or heavy pour of vodka. That helps a lot. We always ask for spicy but can get it mild or something in between. Every bartender makes them a little different. Even get celery once in a while. Enjoy.

Celebrity uses Demitri's Bloody Mary seasoning...which is excellent.  The drink they produce, however is dependent on how much of the BM mix the bartender adds.  If not enough, it can taste, of course, like tomato juice...if too much, it can be spicy (which is the way I like them).  I actually think most of the BM's I get on Celebrity are excellent...but then again, I don't care much about the "fruit" they put in it...I care about the drink.

http://demitris.com/Products/Bloody-Mary

Adding more Vodka has almost no effect other than perhaps watering down the spiced juice for those that like it less spicy.  As far as using Grey Goose or other "premium" vodka...that's psychological....in a taste test, it is close to impossible to tell the difference between a bloody mary made with Popov vs one made with Stoli Elit or Grey Goose.

If you think Bloody Mary's are variable around the ship, just try Mai Tai's which vary all over the lot depending on who's making them.

Edited by ghstudio
  • Like 2

Definitely depends on the bartender. My favorite bartender at the Sunset Bar on our last Silhouette cruise introduced me to the Bloody Scotsman (same ingredients as a Bloody Mary but Scotch whisky instead of vodka) and quickly learned to make them just the way I like them (heavy on the Tabasco and olives). I don't think there is a "standard" presentation on Celebrity the way it sounds like there is on Princess.

IMHO, Bloody Mary's on Celebrity ships are awful!  Bloody Caesars are a little better.  Why can't they just just Mr. & Mrs. Ts or ZingZang??  On our friends cruise coming up in a couple of weeks, we are each bringing a bottle of ZingZang on board. :}

• Like 3

3 hours ago, diesel1973 said:

I personally like them made with Clamato. 1 shot Absolute,1/2 shot Brandy,1/2 shot Tequila, dash of Worcestershire ,dash of olive juice ,celery salt, and all the goodies. MMMMMMMGood 

Oooooooooh!

I like your idea.....but ... with the vodka, brandy and tequila, is there room for anything else or do you just serve it in the handy 32 Oz cup?  😳👍

1 hour ago, Pushkin said:

IMHO, Bloody Mary's on Celebrity ships are awful!  Bloody Caesars are a little better.  Why can't they just just Mr. & Mrs. Ts or ZingZang??  On our friends cruise coming up in a couple of weeks, we are each bringing a bottle of ZingZang on board. :}

ZingZang only has glass bottles with the normal 5th, plastic if you want to go with 1.75.  That's why I fly with Mr & Mrs T's in the plastic bottles.  Don't leave home without it.  :classic_biggrin:

2 hours ago, Wine-O said:

I always bring my own, Mr & Mrs "T" Bold and Spicy.  Can't stand the Demitri's  crap they mix with tomato juice.  I just order the vodka & celery stick.  Works for me.

There are so many variations of Bloody Mary's...each of the "name brand" mixes, including the Mr & Mrs T's taste quite different.  Demitri's is actually pretty widely used and rated 4.5 out of 5 or higher when you find ratings....and even they offer four different spice mixes that can be added to tomato or clamato juice. 

I don't think any of the mixes or spice mixes deserve to be called "crap"....different strokes for different folks.

46 minutes ago, Donut23 said:

Oooooooooh!

I like your idea.....but ... with the vodka, brandy and tequila, is there room for anything else or do you just serve it in the handy 32 Oz cup?  😳👍

We use a 16 oz. glass. We add hot sauce to taste and throw olives, Slim Jim, pickled asparagus, and sometimes a thin slice of dill pickle. Haven't had any complaints yet!

IMO the problem is Celebrity bartenders do not make the mix using Demetri’s directions. Instead of 2 ounces of the concentrate to 32 ounces of tomato juice they add the mix at the time they make the drink which produces an inconsistent product. 

11 hours ago, Wine-O said:

ZingZang only has glass bottles with the normal 5th, plastic if you want to go with 1.75.  That's why I fly with Mr & Mrs T's in the plastic bottles.  Don't leave home without it.  :classic_biggrin:

Thanks for the tip - I didn't realize that.  I will try to find the plastic bottles of Mr. and Mrs. T's.  

12 hours ago, Wine-O said:

1 hour ago, Pushkin said:

Thanks for the tip - I didn't realize that.  I will try to find the plastic bottles of Mr. and Mrs. T's.  

Zing Zang also comes in 8oz cans.  Easy to bring a couple six packs of those onboard and bring the can to the bar tender to mix the drink.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ghstudio said:

Celebrity uses Demitri's Bloody Mary seasoning...which is excellent.  The drink they produce, however is dependent on how much of the BM mix the bartender adds.  If not enough, it can taste, of course, like tomato juice...if too much, it can be spicy (which is the way I like them).  I actually think most of the BM's I get on Celebrity are excellent...but then again, I don't care much about the "fruit" they put in it...I care about the drink.

http://demitris.com/Products/Bloody-Mary

Adding more Vodka has almost no effect other than perhaps watering down the spiced juice for those that like it less spicy.  As far as using Grey Goose or other "premium" vodka...that's psychological....in a taste test, it is close to impossible to tell the difference between a bloody mary made with Popov vs one made with Stoli Elit or Grey Goose.

If you think Bloody Mary's are variable around the ship, just try Mai Tai's which vary all over the lot depending on who's making them.

Agree.  I liked their Bloody Mary's and bought some Demitri's when I got home.  It's interesting that some have replied that they don't like Demitri's - just goes to show how subjective taste is.

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2019 at 9:52 PM, diesel1973 said:

We use a 16 oz. glass. We add hot sauce to taste and throw olives, Slim Jim, pickled asparagus, and sometimes a thin slice of dill pickle. Haven't had any complaints yet!

Yummo! 

Years ago - perhaps more than I wish to admit, I was one of the First Lady Captains running a charter sailing yacht in the tropics.  I would make a different frozen drink each night but mornings were all mimosas and bloodies.  Mine?

V8

copuous amount of horseradish

soupspoon or two of salsa

Beef bouillon (Campbell’s can)

Old Bay

Old Bay on the rim

Olives

Lime

Cocktail olives in the drink

Power Straw - no little Barbie Doll straw for MY Bloodies.

i would make the base the night before and put it in the fridge to be icy cold the next morning.

mmmmmmmmm😉

Our tips almost always beat our friends.😉. Was it my drinks everyone devoured or my first mate serving breakfast the last morning in his Tux and bare feet?

Edited by Donut23
Had more to say.
  • Like 1