Carnival Shareholder Benefit Expiration

thekidsandi

It will be voted on again and probably extended for a following year.  It's just a formality that they have to post for legal purposes.  I tried to submit my 2 cruises after the date and it bounced back to wait until after new extension is put in place.  Some of stated they already got theirs added after the date but it seems they got lucky and fell through the crack as for the rest of us, we will have to wait patiently.  I've always thought it should be closer to sailing date to insure that there is possession of the stock at that time.  

• Like 1

Is there a regular schedule each year when this is voted on (May, June, July)? Just trying to figure out if I will have time to purchase the stock after I'm sure I will qualify for the benefit. That isn't my only reason for purchasing, but it helps make the decision.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, coevan said:

are you planning on spending $5500 to save $100? If you like the stock, the cruise benefit should not be a deciding factor. 

the stock also earns dividend every few quarters or so which is an additional bonus on top of the onboard credit 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, coevan said:

are you planning on spending $5500 to save $100? If you like the stock, the cruise benefit should not be a deciding factor. 

It has to be an investment. I decided to buy at the beginning of the year when it was at $48. The 52-week high was $72. The stock paid $200 dividends last year. If the dividends stay the same I’m going to get $200 in dividends and $300 in OBC over the next year. And the stock is $57 now so I’ve already made $900 there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thekidsandi said:

My reason for purchasing is not part of this question. I just would like to know when it is voted on. If no one knows, that's fine - I'll just keep checking the website.

I believe they vote on it in late July. I don't expect it to ever change, they have a very loyal following with it. We purchased a couple hundred shares almost a decade ago and have been very happy with the return, and also a lot of OBC over the years. I also honestly think there is a ton of upside for the stock, or most cruise stocks for that matter.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

I believe they vote on it in late July. I don't expect it to ever change, they have a very loyal following with it. We purchased a couple hundred shares almost a decade ago and have been very happy with the return, and also a lot of OBC over the years. I also honestly think there is a ton of upside for the stock, or most cruise stocks for that matter.

Thank you very much for your response. I appreciate the information.

18 hours ago, coevan said:

We’ve already made back our initial investment in onboard credit and the stock price has doubled over time. We’ve been pretty happy with the shareholder benefit and depending on the frequency someone cruises, it can be a no brainer.

18 hours ago, coevan said:

You’re not spending money. Spending implies you don’t get the money back; it’s gone once spent.  Purchasing CCL stock is an investment. Sure, you could lose some of your money. But more than likely you will earn money off the investment in the long term. 

• Like 1

This is the response I received when submitting my 2 cruises for later this year.  I think this answers both questions.

(Thank you for submitting your shareholder brokerage statement. The shareholder benefits are currently only applicable to sailings through July 31, 2019. In order to apply your onboard credit on your reservation, you will need to submit a current statement after March 31, 2019 when the new shareholder benefits are released.)

1 hour ago, 13cheermom said:

This is the response I received when submitting my 2 cruises for later this year.  I think this answers both questions.

(Thank you for submitting your shareholder brokerage statement. The shareholder benefits are currently only applicable to sailings through July 31, 2019. In order to apply your onboard credit on your reservation, you will need to submit a current statement after March 31, 2019 when the new shareholder benefits are released.)

Wow. Guess I got lucky. They added mine for my 8/25/19 cruise and my two 2/20 cruises.

43 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Wow. Guess I got lucky. They added mine for my 8/25/19 cruise and my two 2/20 cruises.

Yes, you're the reason I went ahead and submitted mine for Sept., & Nov. of this year, and got this response back. 🤣

That's why I had stated earlier some fell through the cracks, (lucky you).  But no problem will just resubmit after April 1st when they suggested.  It's just easier to go ahead and do things ahead of time and not have to think about it.  We will probably receive a new statement prior to then also.  I also noticed how they asked to mail or fax only instead of the scan & email that I have always done in the past.  I will try to do it the same again and see if it goes through after the date.