Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus cutbacks continue!

13 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, but Oasis came out in 2009 and there were no Pinnacles until 2011.

Correct.

The Pinnacle lounge on Oasis/Allure had nothing to do with the Pinnacle C&A loyalty status.

It was named that as it was the highest (pinnacle) part of the ship.

19 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I'm not the one to comment on other cruise lines as except for one Celebrity cruise 10 years ago, we've sailed exclusively on RC.

We’ve more or less sailed exclusively on royal but have got our 1st celebrity cruise next March on eclipse from chile

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Great point.  We meet many passengers who  are on their  first   cruise or maybe  cruise every few years.  Family obligations,  age, finances, travel costs  all dictate that.    For most,  cruise points  equate to cruise nights so 80 nights is  basically 12 seven night cruises.  If a person  cruises  every few years,  12 cruises could take 24-36  years  and often thought of as out of reach.  

M

And that's if they sail exclusively with Royal.  Those new to cruising may want to give all the mainstream lines a try before picking a favorite.

2 hours ago, Realrunner said:

Heavy cruisers or like us we’ve been at it 22 years, so it does take a long time unless you live in the vicinity of Florida where it’s like an hop on hop off cruises ship depot

Plenty of Pinnacles live in the midwest.

We did not move to FL until we were way over 500 pts.

Took us 28 years to reach Pinnacle 

Edited by John&LaLa

2 hours ago, Realrunner said:

Heavy cruisers or like us we’ve been at it 22 years, so it does take a long time unless you live in the vicinity of Florida where it’s like an hop on hop off cruises ship depot

Very first cruise I took was out of Miami in 2009. At the time, I thought taking a cruise was a big deal that someone did only a handful of times in their lives. First couple we made friends with on the ship lived 15 minutes from the port. They always had a "cruise bag" at the ready in their home and would book 3/4 night cruises spur of the moment. I never heard of the concept of a "long-weekend" cruise.  For me, a long weekend consisted of a drive the mountains.  Needless to say, I was blown away and they instantly became my new heroes.

Best part, back then, a 3/4 night cruise counted the same as a 7 night cruise so they rose thru the C&A tiers pretty quickly on the cheap.

Did I mention they are my new heroes?

We will become Diamond Plus on our next cruise. We just came off two cruises On Ovation in NZ and Explorer in the South Pacific. In talking to people during the two cruises I heard nothing but issues with the C&A program. 

We do not use most of the benefits that we receive from being Diamond and don’t see use using the Diamond Plus benefits.

We always purchase  the ultimate Dining and beverage package, so the poor list of liquors during the nightly 3 drink deal, I don’t have to deal with. 

After obtaining Diamond Plus, we will start exploring other cruise lines. Will never, at this point, lose our status..... not that it really means that much. 

10 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Very first cruise I took was out of Miami in 2009. At the time, I thought taking a cruise was a big deal that someone did only a handful of times in their lives. First couple we made friends with on the ship lived 15 minutes from the port. They always had a "cruise bag" at the ready in their home and would book 3/4 night cruises spur of the moment. I never heard of the concept of a "long-weekend" cruise.  For me, a long weekend consisted of a drive the mountains.  Needless to say, I was blown away and they instantly became my new heroes.

Best part, back then, a 3/4 night cruise counted the same as a 7 night cruise so they rose thru the C&A tiers pretty quickly on the cheap.

Did I mention they are my new heroes?

I could be wrong, but that whole 'cruise bag by the door' ended in the 90's. The weekends earning same as 7 day ended in 2011.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, countess5 said:

We will become Diamond Plus on our next cruise. We just came off two cruises On Ovation in NZ and Explorer in the South Pacific. In talking to people during the two cruises I heard nothing but issues with the C&A program. 

We do not use most of the benefits that we receive from being Diamond and don’t see use using the Diamond Plus benefits.

We always purchase  the ultimate Dining and beverage package, so the poor list of liquors during the nightly 3 drink deal, I don’t have to deal with. 

After obtaining Diamond Plus, we will start exploring other cruise lines. Will never, at this point, lose our status..... not that it really means that much. 

I guess the balcony discount does not mean much to you.:classic_happy:

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I could be wrong, but that whole 'cruise bag by the door' ended in the 90's. The weekends earning same as 7 day ended in 2011.

Well, this was back in 2009 so the weekender's still counted the same as a week long.

As for the stories they told me, they've been cruising for a long time. It was a 7-night cruise we were on and while I can't remember all the details of the conversation, they could have been lamenting the lack of last minute cruise deals that they used to enjoy.

4 minutes ago, nelblu said:

From what I've read here on CC, the balcony discount is of little value since it's not combine-able with the fake sales promotions.

Too bad, it's one of the only perks I'm looking most forward to taking advantage of when I move up to the next level. 😞

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

I am fortunate to do well enough that it does not. We all are in different situations and I think for what I have spent over the years the discount is chump change in the big picture.

Not being someone who is higher than others but I think we all in our individual situations need to evaluate what I call value for our money.

I heard so much about bad food and bad entertainment on the past two cruise. I agree with the entertainment but as said I buy Ultimate dinning so do not agree with the food comments. 

Bottom line, cruising is the best value for your money, taking out the status, so will continue sailing just with who is open. 

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

From what I've read here on CC, the balcony discount is of little value since it's not combine-able with the fake sales promotions.

Too bad, it's one of the only perks I'm looking most forward to taking advantage of when I move up to the next level. 😞

We're pretty successful getting the balcony discount. Maybe I don't do enough sale prices. 😉 Hardly ever bother getting things re priced and book most of ours through Next Cruise 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We're pretty successful getting the balcony discount. Maybe I don't do enough sale prices. 😉 Hardly ever bother getting things re priced and book most of ours through Next Cruise 

John I look forward to meeting you and LaLA on the anniversary/Birthday cruise! My wife loves you fur Baby! 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

The balcony discount is always combinable with their 50% off 2nd guest, 30% off each guest, etc sails. What it is not combinable with is OBC and some of the other things they periodically add to their fake sails.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, countess5 said:

John I look forward to meeting you and LaLA on the anniversary/Birthday cruise! My wife loves you fur Baby! 

I'm less charming in person. 😉

Always nice to put face to a name

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, countess5 said:

What issues with the C&A program? "I heard nothing but issues with the C&A program"

Certainly, if you don't need free photos, internet, balcony discounts, or free laundry bags, that's your decision.

But on a typical cruise, it's worth well over $600 to us.

I don't think it was your intention to trash the C&A program, but that's the way it came across.

38 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Since we were platinum (now D++), we have always got a C&A Balcony discount.  Reports that it has little value depend on your financial status I guess.  For us, even $50 is greatly appreciated.  After all, you won't throw 50 bucks in the trash.

6 hours ago, steveru621 said:

No it's not.  The cruises that get all the bad PR are very few.  

I've never been on a cruise where there were lines to get a drink.  There may have been SRO from 4:30-5:30 but then there were plenty of seats.

All of this is way overblown.

No it's not?  Say that to people who have paid for a suite and had their experience ruined.  Free loaders never quite realize the impact their free loading has on people who PAY for certain falsely advertised exclusive perks.  

If you pay for a full suite on Royal be prepared to have your experience diminished and cheapened.  They refunded half of my cruise because of this BS.  

Edited by Andy C
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Andy C said:

No it's not?  Say that to people who have paid for a suite and had their experience ruined.  Free loaders never quite realize the impact their free loading has on people who PAY for certain falsely advertised exclusivity perks.  

If you pay for a full suite on Royal be prepared to have your experience diminished and cheapened.  They refunded half of my cruise because of this BS.  

Still overblown; We just went on three cruises in a GS on Adventure and Serenade.  Not once did we have difficulty finding a seat in the SL or CL.  In fact, on Adventure, the SL was half full for 2 weeks.

Since we made D and then D+, we have never been denied a seat or had to wait in line for a drink on 22 cruises.

Since you think C&A members are freeloaders, I don't know how really to respond to your insults.  Looked back at your recent posts and it seems quite common, so I'll just ignore the rants.

• Like 1

Listen all, I am not taking down the benefits that are being given I am just saying if “I” really look at the benefits, for what I have spent over the years it does not add up, Example, we bought two pictures on Explorer which were $20 a pice, ok because of our “status” we did not pay for them ,But really is that a huge Benefit? Based on your situation. It’s all good, but just evaluating the value.  We Love RCCL and X but. May want to find a new girlfriend. 

2 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

Still overblown; We just went on three cruises in a GS on Adventure and Serenade.  Not once did we have difficulty finding a seat in the SL or CL.  In fact, on Adventure, the SL was half full for 2 weeks.

Since we made D and then D+, we have never been denied a seat or had to wait in line for a drink on 22 cruises.

Since you think C&A members are freeloaders, I don't know how really to respond to your insults.  Looked back at your recent posts and it seems quite common, so I'll just ignore the rants.

Adventure SL was half full in January.  

Interesting enough, the seating seemed to be played out in a manner conducive to Pinnacles.  Two big seating pits in addition to the u add dual 4 seat groupings like the DL

19 minutes ago, Andy C said:

Was that the September trip, or the December trip?

5 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

Not all C&A members just NSPPs.  We're diamond ourselves (the only perk I use are the free photos).  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Andy C said:

September.  We experienced no NSPP issues on December cruise.

Thanks, so I guess it doesn't happen all the time, therefore, your warning is kind of a Chicken Little statement. 😉

BTW, any resolution to your tub issues with the GS?