Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus cutbacks continue!

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Other than President cruise,  never seen 100 pins on as Oasis class. TA's have had more than that.  Probably why I booked STAR for our TA

AH ! I know you had been thinking about it.  Congratulations.  It will be incredible !

15 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I keep seeing posts of pinnacles on a particular upcoming  cruise.  How do you learn that Information in advance of sailing. 

M

I'd like to know as well.

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yeah but according to one theory on the thread about charging for seconds in the MDR, that charge for popcorn is probably keeping RCI from raising the price of the drink packages.🙄

The price of the onboard purchase of a drink package was raised for 2019 but prices seem to be holding steady when pre-purchased via the Cruise Planner.

Seems to be working......keep buying popcorn people! 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yeah but according to one theory on the thread about charging for seconds in the MDR, that charge for popcorn is probably keeping RCI from raising the price of the drink packages.🙄

Well thank goodness for that!:classic_rolleyes:

8 hours ago, HBE4 said:

If I understand the original complaint, one group (Suite)  was promised exclusive use of the SL..which turned out not to be true. Maybe it should be renamed Pinnacle/Suite lounge?

Apologies, posted the wrong picture this afternoon. This is from Oasis last month

20190307_195418.jpg

28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Apologies, posted the wrong picture this afternoon. This is from Oasis last month

20190307_195418.jpg

Well then.....good thing they took my suggestion in advance. And gave top billing to the suite guest. :classic_biggrin:

Let me know if there are any other contentious issue I can mediate. 🙂

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

They know the numbers of P on upcoming cruises for other ships?  

Thx m

My post was in relation to Oasis TA in April (next month).  225 Pinnies so far for that cruise.  Federico and Lyli are SL concierges on board when I was in there last week.  Naturally they have access to already booked pax info for an upcoming cruise next month.  

On 2/16/2019 at 11:23 PM, tinkr2 said:

I have been expecting them to change the amount of points for each level for quite a while now. As a newer diamond, I feel i made it under the wire. There are too many diamonds for that small lounge. 

Maybe RCCL is just trying to get even for the Diamond and Diamond+ who simply took all of those 3 and 4 night trips just to establish their C&A status before the point per night change. Do any of you feel one bit guilty for getting a full 7 nights credit for those trips when the changeover happened?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, clean1owner said:

Maybe RCCL is just trying to get even for the Diamond and Diamond+ who simply took all of those 3 and 4 night trips just to establish their C&A status before the point per night change. Do any of you feel one bit guilty for getting a full 7 nights credit for those trips when the changeover happened?

Royal converted the points in 2011 that was a long time ago. 

And I don't think anyone should feel guilty. Royal gave bonus points depending on how many points (in the old system) you had.

After all was said and done I came out 5 points ahead. Would have turned pinnacle on the same cruise with or without the 5 points.

Edited by rt1092

31 minutes ago, clean1owner said:

Why should anyone feel guilty?  Royal is the one who set the rules and they said every cruise was one credit (with some changes later in the program).  If Royal would have went back and redid everyone's points based on nights cruised, that would have been retroactively changing the rules.  Plus, who knows better than Royal how messed up their IT is.  Probably would have caused major complaints when Royal got the number of nights wrong for old cruises.

On 2/17/2019 at 1:48 PM, frank808 said:

So the most valuable would be the cruiser that is d/d+/p who cruise in GS or higher 8+ times a year.  I know of a few of them....wish I was one of these individuals.

Actually, the most valuable would be a newbie cruising a GS or higher. No C&A bennies means less cost to Royal.

51 minutes ago, clean1owner said:

Serious question or strawman?  

1 hour ago, clean1owner said:

The change when they added Emerald meant we had to wait one additional cruise to make D.  We're not the only ones. We had cruises booked and knew when we were supposed to make D and then they changed it up on us.   We never took a 3 or 4 night cruise.  Shortest was 5 night to Bermuda, so there are a lot of us that didn't do it the way you describe.  That was a while ago and some of those that benefited from the old rules are no longer around or cruising. Why should anyone feel guilty?  They could change the rules again and do something that benefited you, would you feel guilty?

12 minutes ago, BND said:

The change when they added Emerald meant we had to wait one additional cruise to make D.  We're not the only ones. We had cruises booked and knew when we were supposed to make D and then they changed it up on us.   We never took a 3 or 4 night cruise.  Shortest was 5 night to Bermuda, so there are a lot of us that didn't do it the way you describe.  That was a while ago and some of those that benefited from the old rules are no longer around or cruising. Why should anyone feel guilty?  They could change the rules again and do something that benefited you, would you feel guilty?

I agree.  Whatever the rules are, I'm happy to be a C&A member.  It's one of the most generous loyalty programs around, and I appreciate everything they send our way.   

Loss of priority boarding  =  meh.  We're on the ship in plenty of time.  I think they've streamlined the boarding process (in many ports), so priority boarding isn't as attractive as it used to be.

Changed out the welcome aboard snacks = meh.  I get all the munchies I can handle on any RCCL ship.

Crowding in the DL = slightly irritating.  We take our drinks and my appetizers out into the nearest lounge.  I am so very grateful for the happy hour.

I think sailing on other cruise lines makes those of us who are D and above appreciate what we have even more.  At least that's how I feel about it, and if anyone looked at my posts from the dark ages, I've been saying this since then!

Edited by pcur
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, pcur said:

I agree.  Whatever the rules are, I'm happy to be a C&A member.  It's one of the most generous loyalty programs around, and I appreciate everything they send our way.   

Loss of priority boarding  =  meh.  We're on the ship in plenty of time.  I think they've streamlines the boarding process (in many ports), so priority boarding isn't as attractive as it used to be.

Changed out the welcome aboard snacks = meh.  I get all the munchies I can handle on any RCCL ship.

Crowding in the DL = slightly irritating.  We take our drinks and my appetizers out into the nearest lounge.  I am so very grateful for the happy hour.

I think sailing on other cruise lines makes those of us who are D and above appreciate what we have even more.  At least that's how I feel about it, and if anyone looked at my posts from the dark ages, I've been saying this since then!

I so agree with you.....I can't say we have cruised on other lines and have first hand experienced their services.....since we have only cruised on Royal.   Most people just don't like change -- simple as that and feel when change happens 'they are being punished' in some way.  I actually have liked the new welcome aboard snacks better.   As the number of cruisers eligible for the DL increases, it just tells you Royal is providing a product people want.....have people forgotten that as much as I don't like to admit it, people stop cruising or die --- therefore the 'gross number' of C&A  members is almost useless.   

I enjoy my D+ status; we did not set out to reach any level in the program.....we just kept enjoying ourselves enough to keep cruising with Royal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I agree with both of you as well.  The perks are a very good bonus, and I enjoy most of them.

That said 25 years from now the program will probably change, and a pox on the kill joys who say the changing is coming now.🤡

jc

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, sisocialworker said:

I will be in a suite on 3/29 Harmony..I'll report about signage, total # of Pins(suite and NS) and if NS Pins have taken over...I'm sure Andy C and others want to know

How do you plan on figuring out how many of the Pins are in suites?🤔

Like this?

20180926_172803.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1