Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus cutbacks continue!

32 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Those Star class people, can already go to the head of the line at the flowrider (it is my understanding, have never seen it happen) is that fair to the people who have been standing in the line for the last hour?

They can? :classic_ohmy:

25 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Yes, I know. That's why I said it would never happen but bear with me for the sake of arguments sake. 

I guess to make it a more valid argument, you'd be okay with being bumped from KEY flow rider reserved time that you paid for by Star Class suite guest?  Or having Star guest continually cut in front of you to the point, the KEY benefit is practically useless?

My only real point is that I see some validity in what Andy C is saying.  Maybe he is making a mountain out of a molehill, I don't know....I wasn't there.

I was trying to create a relatable scenario for the sake of empathy. Given enough time, I could probably come up with more where a perceived benefit is "cheapen" .....like I said, I have a lot of free time today. :classic_biggrin:

So  if two groups  have some sort of  priority line,  maybe they are equal.  Can't they just just share a priority line?  Certain suite classes  have priority flow rider times,  but is for everyone that class.  What if everyone  in every star  suite   wanted to  use  the priority line at the same time.  You simply wait your turn. 

M.

25 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

So  if two groups  have some sort of  priority line,  maybe they are equal.  Can't they just just share a priority line?  Certain suite classes  have priority flow rider times,  but is for everyone that class.  What if everyone  in every star  suite   wanted to  use  the priority line at the same time.  You simply wait your turn. 

M.

And I completely 100% agree with you.

If I understand the original complaint, one group (Suite)  was promised exclusive use of the SL..which turned out not to be true. Maybe it should be renamed Pinnacle/Suite lounge?

I might treat myself to a suite someday. And now, thanks to what I learned on CC, to do some more research before selecting a sailing. I'm the kind that travels off-season & when prices are low - prime Pineapple time I guess, so that will definitely factor into my decision.

25 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

M.

1If I understand the original complaint, one group (Suite)  was promised exclusive use of the SL..which turned out not to be true. Maybe it should be renamed Pinnacle/Suite lounge?

I might treat myself to a suite someday. And now, thanks to what I learned on CC, to do some more research before selecting a sailing. I'm the kind that travels off-season & when prices are low - prime Pineapple time I guess, so that will definitely factor into my decision.

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

It is ok Peggy and Patty, we are off to downunder and several days on Heron Island before we sail across the South Pacific to Hawaii.  When I get home on May 5, then I will officially be out of vacation.

jc

ENJOY, jc!  I'm thinking of putting Australia back on our bucket list.  I would love to do the circumnavigation cruises.  

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Yes, I know. That's why I said it would never happen but bear with me for the sake of arguments sake. 

I guess to make it a more valid argument, you'd be okay with being bumped from KEY flow rider reserved time that you paid for by Star Class suite guest?  Or having Star guest continually cut in front of you to the point, the KEY benefit is practically useless?

My only real point is that I see some validity in what Andy C is saying.  Maybe he is making a mountain out of a molehill, I don't know....I wasn't there.

I was trying to create a relatable scenario for the sake of empathy. Given enough time, I could probably come up with more where a perceived benefit is "cheapen" .....like I said, I have a lot of free time today. :classic_biggrin:

There is no arguement that there are some cruises on some ships where the suite lounge is full.  I am not a Star class person, but don’t they have drink arrangements in their cabins, and while the CK might be full too occassionally, I have sailed with Coastal Kitchen access for dinner in a Jr. Suite, and I wouldn’t want to eat every meal there even if I could, and I like Coastal Kitchen.

jc

35 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

If I understand the original complaint, one group (Suite)  was promised exclusive use of the SL..which turned out not to be true. Maybe it should be renamed Pinnacle/Suite lounge?

I don’t think there was ever a time when the Suite Lounge didn’t include Pinnacles accessing it.  There was a time when ships had a concierge lounge that was replaced with a suite lounge where diamond plus members had access at one time and no longer do.  So, D+ actually lost something.  There was a time when there were no suite lounges on any ships now there are suite lounges on more and more ships, so the only losers are D+.

That said this arguement is pointless and has been going on for years now.  Everyone point has been debated and everyone who thinks they are getting shafted have shared their feelings in many cases over and over so many times, that most of us don’t care any more.

jc

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

It is three, back to back cruises in one: Carnival Mardi Gras, Southampton--NYC Transatlantic, NYC--Canada, & NYC--Port Everglades Southern Caribbean Redepositing Cruise.

Pt Everglades 🤔

I thought she was coming to Pt Canaveral 

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Not sure what Class ship you were on but if you were on Harmony of Symphony, a 100+ P’s WOULD HAVE an impact on the Suite experience. (if in full suite). 

Other than President cruise,  never seen 100 pins on as Oasis class. TA's have had more than that.  Probably why I booked STAR for our TA

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Not sure what Class ship you were on but if you were on Harmony of Symphony, a 100+ P’s WOULD HAVE an impact on the Suite experience. (if in full suite). 

We've racked up 8 cruises in suites between Harmony, Allure, and Oasis. Pinnacles have never had an adverse effect on any of those cruises. They haven't effected any of our suite cruises on any ship. Andy C is talking about one cruise in which he felt inferior so he has made it his mission to get Pinnacles ejected. Not cool.

• Like 6

Lots of people with axes to grind.  Worse thing about CC.  

Loss of objectivity and nit picking for personal reasons seems to be a trend.

That is why I mentioned most of us don’t bother to fight the same arguements over and over.  I, have been sucked in more today, than in the last 6 months.  

Jc

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Lots of people with axes to grind.  Worse thing about CC.  

Loss of objectivity and nit picking for personal reasons seems to be a trend.

That is why I mentioned most of us don’t bother to fight the same arguements over and over.  I, have been sucked in more today, than in the last 6 months.  

Jc

Lowly RCL Emerald commenting here. Reading the copious amount of postings has been a source of entertainment for me while stuck in the house during the polar vortex and the 800!! inches of snow in Mpls. NSPP-I learned on here that pineapples were "swingers" so what does that have to do with the lounge arguments. Need to get ready for the next storm this week-end. Happy cruising to you.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Kind of is😉

20190218_114133.jpg

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Kind of is😉

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Other than President cruise,  never seen 100 pins on as Oasis class. TA's have had more than that.  Probably why I booked STAR for our TA

Was told last week that the Oasis TA in April from PC to Barcelona had 225 Pinnies booked for that crossing.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Was told last week that the Oasis TA in April from PC to Barcelona had 225 Pinnies booked for that crossing.  

That's why I'm on Serenade for an April  crossing. More civilized 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Good news!  Symphony still has the reserved seating for diamond and up! (Or maybe it was diamond + and up?)

Most likely D+ and up.

54 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That's why I'm on Serenade for an April  crossing. More civilized 

Hence it is very easy to predict when the number of out of Ps will be out of control.

Did you see the pictures of the Aurora?

jc

7 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Hence it is very easy to predict when the number of out of Ps will be out of control.

Did you see the pictures of the Aurora?

jc

Oh, there will be a lot with us  just not over 100, much less 200. Ship is smaller, though.

Been traveling,  had not noticed your pic yet.

Tried to search for it no luck. Tag me in it or add link, I guess. Excited to see them

Edited by John&LaLa

9 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

AGREE - We  remark that you can get as many lobster tails as you want at dinner,  but  they charge $2.50 for 10 cents worth of popcorn.

m

Yeah but according to one theory on the thread about charging for seconds in the MDR, that charge for popcorn is probably keeping RCI from raising the price of the drink packages.🙄

• Haha 1