Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus cutbacks continue!

It’s amazing to me how all this cruise status situation gets people so fired up. We are blessed,  and I  Know we are all in different situations but some want all the Benefits offered,, you go for i!  

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Thanks, so I guess it doesn't happen all the time, therefore, your warning is kind of a Chicken Little statement. 😉

BTW, any resolution to your tub issues with the GS?

So because they only ruin the occasional cruise that is okay?  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Andy C said:

So because they only ruin the occasional cruise that is okay?  

Apparently so, Royal seems ok with it.

Truthfully,  I've seen all kinds of passengers over react. Noobs, all levels of C&A, even suite guests. 

Edited by John&LaLa

31 minutes ago, Andy C said:

No it's not?  Say that to people who have paid for a suite and had their experience ruined.  Free loaders never quite realize the impact their free loading has on people who PAY for certain falsely advertised exclusive perks.  

If you pay for a full suite on Royal be prepared to have your experience diminished and cheapened.  They refunded half of my cruise because of this BS.  

Andy

I have read many of your concerns about  Pinnacles and on my cruise last week as a suite person had no issues with Pinnacles. I actually loved talking to the ones I met and hearing of thier stories. There were 462 Diamond and Diamond Plus that took over everthing. If there had been 100 Pinnacles I would not of had an issue, you need to check your thought processes on this. Issue,. Just saying 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, countess5 said:

It’s amazing to me how all this cruise status situation gets people so fired up. We are blessed,  and I  Know we are all in different situations but some want all the Benefits offered,, you go for i!  

Exactly; us thrifty (cheap) cruisers watch every for upgrade, discount, and freebie.  Even the credit card cash rebates and TA benefits. Sometimes it drives DW nuts, but it allowed us to squeeze in an extra cruise or a longer cruise every year.  Plus it's allowed us to move up to suites on occasion.

Please don't get me wrong, I bear no ill will to those that chose to cruise differently from us.  We all love cruising, which is why we are on CC.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Andy C said:

No it's not?  Say that to people who have paid for a suite and had their experience ruined.  Free loaders never quite realize the impact their free loading has on people who PAY for certain falsely advertised exclusive perks.  

If you pay for a full suite on Royal be prepared to have your experience diminished and cheapened.  They refunded half of my cruise because of this BS.  

Just returned from the Mariner. The short tine I was on the lounge, there was never more than 6 other people in there. Everyone had their seat of choice and seemed to have a nice experience. 

M

6 hours ago, Realrunner said:

Heavy cruisers or like us we’ve been at it 22 years, so it does take a long time unless you live in the vicinity of Florida where it’s like an hop on hop off cruises ship depot

We have to fly almost 6000 miles one way to go on a cruise.  Took us about 3 years to get to 175 points and will hit 350 in our 5th year of cruising.  We are very fortunate to be able to cruise and we enjoy cruising even more than when we first started. 

15 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Just returned from the Mariner. The short tine I was on the lounge, there was never more than 6 other people in there. Everyone had their seat of choice and seemed to have a nice experience. 

M

Andy's experience is related to Oasis ships for the most part. Primarily CK and the SL. 

He also likes to cruise off season and take advantage of low prices.  Guess who else does that?

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

Sailed many times in CLS on oasis and allure.  Have never been so bad in SL and CK that I felt the experience has been cheapened.  Could be that we are pretty low key folk and don't let the small stuff bother us enough to even complain.  Have been in SL with many pinnacles and some like to keep to themselves and some are friendly.  But at no time did I have an experience where a pinnacle siting in the SL or eating in CK affect my experience.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Andy's experience is related to Oasis ships for the most part. Primarily CK and the SL. 

He also likes to cruise off season and take advantage of low prices.  Guess who else does that?

Everyone else that can take the time off to cruise in the caribbean during hurricane season?

So book a suite on another line, problem solved.

O, that is not the problem, the problem is you... You like RCI, and want to change it to make it perfect for you.  

Too bad so sad.

jc

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

All of the Ps?

What do I win?  I want something special, because this game is so hard!

NOT.

jc

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

EVERYONE!!!!

O my DW of 38 years always corrects me when I use the word all.  That makes it false, so let me amend that last post.  Most of the Ps and many of the D+ and Ds.....  O and pretty much everyone living in Florida, and anyone without kids.

I think I nailed it.  Please send me my free cruise voucher.  O crap.  I have no vacation time left this year and most of next year is accounted for.  It is hard to work for a living.

jc

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

O my DW of 38 years always corrects me when I use the word all.  That makes it false, so let me amend that last post.  Most of the Ps and many of the D+ and Ds.....  O and pretty much everyone living in Florida, and anyone without kids.

I think I nailed it.  Please send me my free cruise voucher.  O crap.  I have no vacation time left this year and most of next year is accounted for.  It is hard to work for a living.

jc

I used to work. 

Let me rephrase that. 

I used to go to work

Oops, still not accurate 

I used to make myself available to work.

I also used to have more money.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I used to work. 

Let me rephrase that. 

I used to go to work

Oops, still not accurate 

I used to make myself available to work.

I also used to have more money.

Yes, I get all that, but where is my free cruise voucher for solving Andy C’s problem?

jc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yes, I get all that, but where is my free cruise voucher for solving Andy C’s problem?

jc

I have one, but you need to go to a time share presentation first.  I think it's for Hilton Vacation Club

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

O crap.  I have no vacation time left this year and most of next year is accounted for.  It is hard to work for a living.

jc

It is only March. :classic_rolleyes: You have 9 months with no vacation time left? That is sad. 

2 minutes ago, Coralc said:

It is only March. :classic_rolleyes: You have 9 months with no vacation time left? That is sad. 

Now, now, be nice to jc, Patti.  Just because "some" of us have a lot of "free" time in the near future, doesn't mean we have to make jc feel bad.   :classic_biggrin:

(no, I'm not stalking you; I just stumbled on this post)

I think people have much emotion to this, being that Diamond Plus & above is both hard and long to get to.  Add in the significant cost, and you can see whey people get so emotional.  I would be a Diamond Plus by now, but saw what was going on, and went to do other lines, to expand my horizons. 

Best decision I have done: MSC Yacht Club was great: in the near future Crystal, Cunard, Windstar, Holland, and yes even Carnival.  I really want to do a 30+ day Transatlantic on their new ship.  Royal's old slogan: "get out there," you know their right, it is a big world of cruising out there; it is time to explore more of it, without RCL!

• Like 1

My very first cruise on Royal in 2009, Diamond Plus was their Top Tier. The general Attitude on Monarch, was that the Royal Suite Guests, who were invited to the Hotel Director's Dinner, didn't deserve it!  The Diamond Plus O'l Farts, thought that this (along with the ship) was there's.  

I guess when as a group, you live on the ship for three months at a time, you might think this.  In 2009 ($109 fares) with the onboard booking bonus, stock holder's bonus, etc., it was cheaper than living at home!

Edited by gkbiiii
  • Like 1