Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus cutbacks continue!

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Please describe an “extra enhanced “ loyalty lounge?

For example Ps and D+ could get better cheap vodkas: Smirnoff and Finlandia vs NA. D lounge would only have NA and Tisdale assortment. (No Beringer White Zin)

6 hours ago, MichaelinME said:

What some on here don't understand is that this policy affects many. Yes, it does affect Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacles. When I was on the Freedom of the Seas, the changes were mentioned by the Concierge crew and Loyalty Ambassador. 

Changes were coming, but was told on the ship and Royal Caribbean has yet to announce these changes. But staff know! 

Eventually, Diamonds will not be allowed in the Diamond Lounges! That will be a significant change for them. Only have 3 Drink coupons, if they are lucky.

All Concierge Lounges will be converted to Suite Lounges, with Diamond Plus being restricted as soon as all conversions occur to the ships. 

Pinnacles eventually will be affected also, Royal is just keeping it on the down low for now. 

Pinnacles and Diamond Plus will eventually be the only ones allowed into the Diamond Lounges, and Pinnacles soon will be restricted from the Suite lounges as soon as all the conversions occur. Too many Pinnacles affecting  the "exclusive Suite Lounge" experience per the loyalty ambassador and Concierges. 

These are huge changes!. Also, some "dilution" of Diamond Member benefits will be occurring, to reduce expenses?? I'm scared as to what that might be!

What bothers me is that Royal and its staff are aware of what's happening and what's coming down the line and do not make some kind of press release to their members so that no surprises and let downs occur once your on the ship!

Give your loyal cruisers a heads up Royal. Not surprise us when we expect a certain level of benefits and experience, for our significant loyalty.

I agree with you and believe what you were told and kindly let us know on here.

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Anyone speculate why Millie quit?  I wonder if it had anything to do with her promising no changes coming?

What is the point of speculating? Though I suppose your reason is just as good as anything else we can dream up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What is the point of speculating? Though I suppose your reason is just as good as anything else we can dream up.

I unfortunately never met Millie but maybe RC cut back on her benefits too and she decided to try another cruiseline.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Anyone speculate why Millie quit?  I wonder if it had anything to do with her promising no changes coming?

Why does it matter? People change occupations and professions quite often. I don't know one person who has worked at one place their entire life.

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

In a few years those pesky diamonds will be diamond plus, then what?? Back to the same problem. Just kicks the overcrowding problem down the road for a year or two. Maybe they should do a complete overhaul

They can only make so many people mad at one time else there might be a mutiny.

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Mike promised it as well. At least he sat on the stage next to her during the discussion.  

BTW, has anything changed since then other than a few CL conversions. 🤔

FWIW, those were all done as part of an overall ships remodel.

30 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Mike promised it as well. At least he sat on the stage next to her during the discussion.  

BTW, has anything changed since then other than a few CL conversions. 🤔

FWIW, those were all done as part of an overall ships remodel.

FWIW... MB did say on Freedom Presidents Cruise that they would be moving more toward the Suite Classes, Sea/Sky/Star Class. Maybe adding SL’s on ships was part of that. 

Maybe Keys fit in as well. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

29 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

FWIW... MB did say on Freedom Presidents Cruise that they would be moving more toward the Suite Classes, Sea/Sky/Star Class. Maybe adding SL’s on ships was part of that. 

Maybe Keys fit in as well. 

Been around for 5 years now.  I used to think they would create a CK on the upper deck of the multi story dining rooms like Celebrity did.  MDR totally underutilized now

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Been around for 5 years now.  I used to think they would create a CK on the upper deck of the multi story dining rooms like Celebrity did.  MDR totally underutilized now

Luminae.  No Zeniths allowed unless staying in a suite.  Soon it will all be consistent.  

• Like 1