Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus cutbacks continue!

6 minutes ago, marci22 said:

NA tastes sweet and bitter at the same time. It's terrible. Maybe as it gets more well known and the price goes up they can switch back to the other cheap vodkas that I prefer.

I have never seen Cats but I may have to go on a cruise that has it.

Bring along a really comfortable pillow...

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, BND said:

Well, when a cruise line advertises that this is what you get at this level, then, yeah, people do expect it.  They can make changes and sometimes need to, but  lead time is also expected.  DH and I have status with an airline and a hotel chain, but neither makes changes in the middle of the year.  You know going into each year what your status is and what it gets you for the entire calendar year.  Cruise lines have a tendency to randomly make changes.

More annoying is when there is no notice of the changes and you only find out about them when you arrive at the port or board the ship or read of others' experiences here on cc.

23 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

More annoying is when there is no notice of the changes and you only find out about them when you arrive at the port or board the ship or read of others' experiences here on cc.

Here is your contract with Royal. 

General Terms & Conditions Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program (“the Program”) or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

if you don’t agree with the General Terms and Conditions, then maybe one should resign from C&A, find another loyalty program, or agree to these terms. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Here is your contract with Royal. 

General Terms & Conditions Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program (“the Program”) or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

if you don’t agree with the General Terms and Conditions, then maybe one should resign from C&A, find another loyalty program, or agree to these terms. 

That is your agreement with any loyalty program.

While changes are often not desirable in any loyalty program they happen, for better or worse.   Ultimately,  most posters are just annoyed with how RCI handles the changes.  Typically most programs give you a considerable lead time to adjust to any change despite based on T&C having the ability to change at anytime.  RCI changes things at the same time they announce. 

4 minutes ago, rimmit said:

That is your agreement with any loyalty program.

While changes are often not desirable in any loyalty program they happen, for better or worse.   Ultimately,  most posters are just annoyed with how RCI handles the changes.  Typically most programs give you a considerable lead time to adjust to any change despite based on T&C having the ability to change at anytime.  RCI changes things at the same time they announce. 

Or before it’s announced but still doesn’t matter unless Royal changes the T&C’s. 

You AGREE to these T&C’s by actively using the program. 

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Or before it’s announced but still doesn’t matter unless Royal changes the T&C’s. 

You AGREE to these T&C’s by actively using the program. 

Correct.  It doesn’t matter as they have the right.

Doesnt mean you you don’t have the right to be annoyed with how they handle it. We agree to have the right to be bumped by an airline,  but when they do it, sometimes with minimal compensation you have the right to be annoyed.  Just because you signed up for something doesn’t mean you can’t have an opinion on it.  Ultimately, if companies abuse their “rights” too much their bottom line will pay due to customer dissatisfaction. 

You have the right to play music at a reasonable level in your yard.  However, MOST neighbors try not to disturb their neighbors.   People have lots of rights,  but in the name of fairness,  most do not abuse their rights or power.

The refs have all the rights in a game,  however,  just because they have the right to pretty much do whatever they want doesn’t mean they do, for fear of backlash.  

It is just a matter of time that the currently flawed program will change to better accommodate the big $pender$.  The freeloading will end soon.  It's just the nature of free market capitalism.  I look forward to the banishment of NSPPs from a lounge and restaurant that is falsely marketed to $uite gue$t$ as exclu$ive when it is not.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, rimmit said:

Correct.  It doesn’t matter as they have the right.

Doesnt mean you you don’t have the right to be annoyed with how they handle it. We agree to have the right to be bumped by an airline,  but when they do it, sometimes with minimal compensation you have the right to be annoyed.  Just because you signed up for something doesn’t mean you can’t have an opinion on it.  Ultimately, if companies abuse their “rights” too much their bottom line will pay due to customer dissatisfaction. 

You have the right to play music at a reasonable level in your yard.  However, MOST neighbors try not to disturb their neighbors.   People have lots of rights,  but in the name of fairness,  most do not abuse their rights or power.

The refs have all the rights in a game,  however,  just because they have the right to pretty much do whatever they want doesn’t mean they do, for fear of backlash.  

Very well said.

I for one want what's best for cruisers in benefits not what is best for the cruiselines.

24 minutes ago, Andy C said:

It is just a matter of time that the currently flawed program will change to better accommodate the big $pender$.  The freeloading will end soon.  It's just the nature of free market capitalism.  I look forward to the banishment of NSPPs from a lounge and restaurant that is falsely marketed to $uite gue$t$ as exclu$ive when it is not.  

I can see both sides view.

The answer is an enhanced LL (Loyalty Lounge) for P and D+ so Suite passengers can have an exclusive SL for themselves.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I can see both sides view.

The answer is an enhanced LL (Loyalty Lounge) for P and D+ so Suite passengers can have an exclusive SL for themselves.

You left out Diamonds, the largest majority of all the upper status levels. Lol

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Haha 1

We are on the Navigator. With the new renovations, they eliminated the Concierge lounge on deck 9 and opened a Suite lounge on deck 14. Diamond plus not allowed in the Suite lounge and when asked about our “eviction” the staff refuses to acknowledge that this is the case. A rose by any other name is not a rose in RCCL language.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Benita said:

We are on the Navigator. With the new renovations, they eliminated the Concierge lounge on deck 9 and opened a Suite lounge on deck 14. Diamond plus not allowed in the Suite lounge and when asked about our “eviction” the staff refuses to acknowledge that this is the case. A rose by any other name is not a rose in RCCL language.

Did D+ ever have access to the Suite Lounge?  Not evicted or kicked out.  One can always book a cabin where the CL was. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Did D+ ever have access to the Suite Lounge?  Not evicted or kicked out.  One can always book a cabin where the CL was. 

Yes, D+ were allowed in the suite lounge. It was called the concierge lounge -- and it was for full suites (not JS) Diamond + and Pinnacle. I don’t mind that they excluded us, just wished they told us, so we were not embarrassed when our cards did not open the door. I guess RCL thought the change of name was enough notice.

6 minutes ago, Bee Guy said:

LOL!   That's cute, but I wonder if the changes being discussed affect you, and if you might have a different point of view if they did. 

Changes, nothing has changed!  Again, this a thread about supposed changes that haven’t happened.  It is a thread about things that people want to happen, mostly out of spite.

Good grief.  

How long ago did the Suite Lounge come into existence, that and 3 free drinks anywhere are the only changes and those are hardly new.  One affects D+ people only, and they still have a lounge and now they have 3 free drinks.  The Diamonds gained 3 free drinks anywhere, and on many ships can use them at dinner.  This never was the case before.  So, the D+ lost something relatively benign, made a couple of significant gains, and it becomes a never ending whine fest.  Then the P haters show up just to stir the pot.  

Good grief, get a grip.

jc

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Changes, nothing has changed!  Again, this a thread about supposed changes that haven’t happened.  It is a thread about things that people want to happen, mostly out of spite.

Good grief.  

How long ago did the Suite Lounge come into existence, that and 3 free drinks anywhere are the only changes and those are hardly new.  One affects D+ people only, and they still have a lounge and now they have 3 free drinks.  The Diamonds gained 3 free drinks anywhere, and on many ships can use them at dinner.  This never was the case before.  So, the D+ lost something relatively benign, made a couple of significant gains, and it becomes a never ending whine fest.  Then the P haters show up just to stir the pot.  

Good grief, get a grip.

jc

Please reread  (or read) my post.  I said changes being discussed. 

Edited by Bee Guy

26 minutes ago, Bee Guy said:

LOL!   That's cute, but I wonder if the changes being discussed affect you, and if you might have a different point of view if they did. 

Well...we're in a suite on the next cruise and hit Diamond on that cruise as well...so yes...it "affects" us.

But then again, all the "drama" around this topic is something that does cause a giggle or two.

Just off the Symphony. 6500 passengers and just 13 pinnacles! I don’t think pinnacle crowding was an issue.  In fact, the suite lounge was hardly used by anybody, from what we noticed when we walked in for our 7 PM dinner reservation. Lots of seating available. 

My cruise prior to that was the Mariner. There were three pinnacles on board. One night I was the only person in the suite lounge.  I don’t think overcrowding was an issue on that cruise either. 

RCCL does make temporary changes when there are LOTS of pinnacles on a particular sailing. That seems to work out well for all concerned. 

M

• Thanks 1