Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus cutbacks continue!

26 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I was under the impression that pictures of the upper tier guests are available to the staff. That could have been it. 😉

When we were on Legend together in 2014, our head waiter had a cheat sheet that included the names of the top three cruisers. 

That used to be how it was for every passenger.  Your cabin steward knew the names of everyone in the cabin before you boarded and the moment they saw you enter your room they just had to figure out who was who.  Same for your waiters.   They used to prememorize all their passengers they were taking care of.

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

In my experience,  and I have more than most, the aisle seats are still rare after intermission.  Plus lots of good numbers in the beginning.

Do I need to go over the storyline with pictures again 🤔😉

No!!  😮😉 

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2019 at 10:11 AM, rimmit said:

I am very torn about the lanyard issue.   For many,  my wife and kids included (not me as I always have a pocket being a guy) it is an easy way to have your card on you and not lose it.  I will admit that my wife and kids never loses theirs because of the lanyard,  unlike me that loses my card from my pocket 2-3 times a cruise.  On the other hand I totally understand that for some it is flashing status.   However,  again it is a very convenient way to not lose a card.

Have always used a lanyard with a quick release so that I can give the card to employee if they have to run card through register.  Makes it very easy to do so and I won't lose it.  If it wasn't for the lanyard, I would lose the card all the time.  If my son didn't have a lanyard I would have to go with him to GS multiple times a day!

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

In my experience,  and I have more than most, the aisle seats are still rare after intermission.  Plus lots of good numbers in the beginning.

Do I need to go over the storyline with pictures again 🤔😉

Sorry John, I know you are a groupie and all... but I’d rather watch the golden bear spy video than that!  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/10/2019 at 11:11 AM, nelblu said:

What do you care?  If they want to show their Pins it's their prerogative as we are still (so far) free to do as we please.  I saw a gentleman in the DL on Oasis a couple of years ago and he had a light blue polo shirt with a C&A with a Diamond + logo.  On one hand I said,  yeah he was showing off and at the same time I thought that he was proud of the achievement.

So I wear my 9.11 pin to honor my fallen brethren's  on the upper floors of the North Tower-I'm sure some folks will find something to b..tch about.

In conclusion, as the old great NY Yankee Phil Rizzuto would exclaim "Holy Cow" we're at 41 pages of whining & complaints.

I wonder what kind of reaction if my son and I wore our gold pins into the D lounge at happy hour 😈  ??  Might make for some interesting conversation with fellow cruisers.

2 hours ago, frank808 said:

I wonder what kind of reaction if my son and I wore our gold pins into the D lounge at happy hour 😈  ??  Might make for some interesting conversation with fellow cruisers.

I notice the name badges some Ps wear, mostly because I couldn’t imagine wearing a name badge while on vacation.  I see pins on some peoples hats or shirts or jackets, and I wouldn’t think a thing about it because that is all I would see is a pin.  I wouldn’t think about what kind of pin it is.  I know some people wear all of their various pins from the C&A, and pins from various vacations or adventures, or just American flags or union pins, etc.  Truly, you could walk up to the wife and I in the DL and our reaction would be identical to not having them on.  Now when a pinnacle with badges and the whole plethora of pins walk up I immediately think we are being visited by royalty, so we had better behave.  🤡😈

jc

• Haha 2

On 3/10/2019 at 2:06 PM, Captain Billy Bob said:

Free is a pretty good price, although they are not really free, somebody is still paying for them. Still........I'm happy when anyone buys me a drink no matter the quality.

I agree.  The capt morgans spice rum is a good addition.  My wife doesnt drink but she could taste the difference between bailys and the new stuff.  She says either works with her coffee.

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What about uncontrolled adults?  They don’t count?  What is appropriate attire?

Long pants in MDR, Tuxedo on formal night. 😉

Sorry, I just dont see that many uncontrolled  adults.  However, Royal seems to encourage that with drink packages. Children just dont seem to generate income.  KSF promotions 🤔

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Same as NA, the few that like CATS. 

I don't necessarily like NA, I don't mind it because vodka doesn't really have any taste.😉

I dont drink it straight. If I did, I might have a different opinion 

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Free cruises aren't enough 🤔

Seems kinda greedy

LOL. I'll take anything they are giving. 😜  

I also look forward to the day I get Pinnacle, (doubtful) to be able to go into that Pinnacle lounge that they also let suite guests in. (couldn't help myself, in case there is a lurker) 

I really need to be in bed.. long drive to Miami tomorrow, and here I sit on my Mac being silly. Ugh!! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Long pants in MDR, Tuxedo on formal night. 😉

Sorry, I just dont see that many uncontrolled  adults.  However, Royal seems to encourage that with drink packages. Children just dont seem to generate income.  KSF promotions 🤔

Kids definitely generate income.  Even with  KSF.  Just ask their parents.  They pay gratuities.  Even the babies.  You pay for shore excursions.  Some get beverage packages.   They normally get a couple souvenirs.  Parents are more apt to buy pictures of their kids than they are of themselves.  

Kids arent free.  Do they generate the same level of income as two adults?  Not likely,  but they are added income for a stateroom that may have just had two people instead of 4 anyway.   Plus the happier the parents are the more they spend.

Disney World is based on child generated income.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Interesting to see that this thread about high-status cruisers and the perks they believe they deserve has a huge number of posts and views...

...OK...it's not really a surprise. 😏 :classic_laugh:

Well, when a cruise line advertises that this is what you get at this level, then, yeah, people do expect it.  They can make changes and sometimes need to, but  lead time is also expected.  DH and I have status with an airline and a hotel chain, but neither makes changes in the middle of the year.  You know going into each year what your status is and what it gets you for the entire calendar year.  Cruise lines have a tendency to randomly make changes.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

Just now, BND said:

Well, when a cruise line advertises that this is what you get at this level, then, yeah, people do expect it.  They can make changes and sometimes need to, but  lead time is also expected.  DH and I have status with an airline and a hotel chain, but neither makes changes in the middle of the year.  You know going into each year what your status is what it gets you for the entire calendar year.  Cruise lines have a tendency to randomly make changes.

Certainly don't disagree.

Just that its interesting how much "attention" this thread is getting...

Just now, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Certainly don't disagree.

Just that its interesting how much "attention" this thread is getting...

LOL.  Well, I could have predicted a couple of the posters.  There's the ones that have to defend and the ones that just have to point out how offended they are that "status" exists.  

• Like 2

Just now, BND said:

LOL.  Well, I could have predicted a couple of the posters.  There's the ones that have to defend and the ones that just have to point out how offended they are that "status" exists.  

LOL back at ya!

It does almost become a mixture of comical and predictable as to what topics result in the most "traction"...

NA tastes sweet and bitter at the same time. It's terrible. Maybe as it gets more well known and the price goes up they can switch back to the other cheap vodkas that I prefer.

I have never seen Cats but I may have to go on a cruise that has it.

Edited by marci22
  • Thanks 1