Live from Oasis - February 17, 2019. 199 things I look forward to on a cruise.

John&LaLa

Thank you for fun review and beautiful pictures. It was fun to follow both you and Robyn. Do you have any restaurant suggestions (moderate price, good oceanviews) in the Cocoa Beach area, possibly at the pier? Also we will be driving to the port from Cocoa Beach, is it a relatively easy drive to the terminal and parking garage?

Edited by blueridgemama

7 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

Thank you for fun review and beautiful pictures. It was fun to follow both you and Robyn. Do you have any restaurant suggestions (moderate price, good oceanviews) in the Cocoa Beach area, possibly at the pier? Also we will be driving to the port from Cocoa Beach, is it a relatively easy drive to the terminal and parking garage?

I have not been to the Pier since it was taken over by Westgate and remodeled.  Most folks enjoy the Cove to get in the cruise spirit.  Grills is good. Ships sail around 4:00.

Drive is easy peasy, Terminal 1 for Royal is the easiest garage ever. 

Thanks for the support

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I have not been to the Pier since it was taken over by Westgate and remodeled.  Most folks enjoy the Cove to get in the cruise spirit.  Grills is good. Ships sail around 4:00.

Drive is easy peasy, Terminal 1 for Royal is the easiest garage ever. 

Thanks for the support

Terminal A in Miami is a bit better.  Only because they have porters collecting your luggage in the garage.  

On 2/17/2019 at 7:42 AM, John&LaLa said:

#2 Leaving from a port 5 miles from home (13 minutes), allows me to drop luggage off early, and come back around 11:30.

I just started working through this and am pretty jealous after reading only the first two items.  You avoid all kinds of hassles living that close to the port.   Congrats!  

I'm not following the benefit of the extra trip to take your luggage early.  Why not just take it at 11:30?

4 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

Do we drop out luggage before parking our car? (at Port Canaveral)

You can drop luggage on the main level and then circle around to park or you can just go straight up and park and take your own luggage.  I haven’t seen porters at Canaveral taking your luggage in the garage.  

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can drop luggage on the main level and then circle around to park or you can just go straight up and park and take your own luggage.  I haven’t seen porters at Canaveral taking your luggage in the garage.  

If we park and take our own luggage is it a long walk to the terminal?