Opinion of the Edge poll New to Celebrity and those loyal to Celebrity   

162 members have voted

1. 1. Which best fits your opinion of the Edge

• New to Celebrity and liked the Edge
    • New to Celebrity and was not impressed with the Edge
    • Long time Celebrity cruiser and liked the Edge
    • Long time Celebrity cruiser and was not impressed with the Edge

On 2/18/2019 at 6:02 AM, TeeRick said:

I think the main question for long time Celebrity cruisers who have been on Edge:

"If Edge was priced equivalently to other Celebrity ships for your cabin choice, would you sail on her again?"  

Not when I can cruise on a Solstice Class ship, but I dread the changes coming.  Maybe I shouldn't worry about the downgrading of the Captains Club as the odds of me cruising on a competitors ship are increasing. (Zenith).

7 hours ago, cruiseflyer38 said:

Not when I can cruise on a Solstice Class ship, but I dread the changes coming.  Maybe I shouldn't worry about the downgrading of the Captains Club as the odds of me cruising on a competitors ship are increasing. (Zenith).

What changes do you dread?  What do you mean by downgrading of the Captains Club?

I want to thank everyone for voting. I had hoped for more new to Celebrity votes, but not surprised that there are so few of us on the board. 

I will say I am very surprised that likes are as close to the dislikes as they are at this point. Guessing that not a lot of people that liked it are not posting on the boards about their experiences on the ship. 

I also want to say it is frustrating when I post positive comments about the Edge on some of these threads, because I may look like a Celebrity cheerleader. This is far from the truth, because while we really enjoyed the E class our thoughts are that the other Celebrity ships would likely be a bad fit for us right now, and our review of those wouldn’t be very good. Time will tell and we will see how the future goes. 

We leave tomorrow for our March 3rd cruise on the Edge. We have a S1 but not a aft suite. S1 aft seemed to far from Luminae and The Retreat. We booked early so the cost is not that much more. As we have cruised the Caribbean many times so it is more about the ship. I'm trying to keep a open mind.

1 hour ago, bigbenboys said:

We leave tomorrow for our March 3rd cruise on the Edge. We have a S1 but not a aft suite. S1 aft seemed to far from Luminae and The Retreat. We booked early so the cost is not that much more. As we have cruised the Caribbean many times so it is more about the ship. I'm trying to keep a open mind.

I have an S1 aft suite for the TA.  My concern is not the walk,  because I love exercise and food, but just hoping for that huge balcony with two loungers and two chairs so many of us can sit out there.  but I have to agree that Luminae, along with The Retreat and the gym are far away, especially for 15 days and losing hours as we go...There is still a great S1 left without the pole, but...

Enjoy your cruise and the warm weather.  We live by Tahoe and the snow this year is crazy!

Edited by Lastdance

We are Elite Plus and were on the Edge for 10 days in December.  A few things we liked but mostly not.  Thanks but no thanks, we won't be back.  We will try the "new" Millennium and hope it's a lot better.  If not, then off to another line where there is much better value and experience.

• Like 1

We liked Kaliedescope, walked out on Khalida and missed Midsummer nights dream..maybe next time.. Dec  63..the Jersey Boys/4 Seasons show was excellent..a bit campy.

Eden by Day is lovely..needs sun shades.

Need to change out the nightime entertainment..maybe a small dance floor..  found the Club too dark and cavelike..

Shops need adjustment in merchandise and pricing.  Loved the solarium, Spa and thermal suites..photography dept was very professional  and their technology  was very updated..

We are looking forward to going back to try the 4 mdr concept and a Sunset Veranda..We are X regulars and will try the M Class..Summit ( mostly for itin) and updated S Class...Silho and EQ.( our favorites), then maybe APEX.. There's enough to keep us cruising with X....and maybe we will try Azamara or Oceana to Cuba..

E Class ships  will find a clientele base once prices  come down..and EDENites are replaced for more varied EDEN activity..

55 minutes ago, hcat said:

Shops need adjustment in merchandise and pricing.  Loved the solarium, Spa and thermal suites..photography dept was very professional  and their technology  was very updated..

When my wife talked to a lady at Celebrity yesterday, the lady was surprised that there weren’t any cheap Edge souvenirs available, we had wanted to get family some items, but not at those prices. 

Wanted to add after my wife talked with Celebrity yesterday, they appreciated that when we gave  criticism we included a possible solution. It made it easier to pass on the items to people in charge. 

I am guessing they just are getting a long list of items that essentially says these suck! The extra feedback helps them figure out what specifically sucks, and then maybe they can find a way to fix the issue on the Edge or later builds depending on what the issue is. 

2 hours ago, cgolf1 said:

When my wife talked to a lady at Celebrity yesterday, the lady was surprised that there weren’t any cheap Edge souvenirs available, we had wanted to get family some items, but not at those prices. 

I found a 25$ hat on the last day. Bought with obc

30 minutes ago, Caymus88 said:

I found a 25$ hat on the last day. Bought with obc

I got the hat too for me. We were hoping to get a magnet for my mom, and some playing cards for others. Instead they got rum from the islands:). 

My wife didn’t pick out anything because the clothes were more than she will even pay for her dress clothes for work. I guess we are spoiled having a Kohl’s where if you are patient it seems like everything will eventually go on sale. 

Edited by cgolf1

3 hours ago, cgolf1 said:

I got the hat too for me. We were hoping to get a magnet for my mom, and some playing cards for others. Instead they got rum from the islands:). 

My wife didn’t pick out anything because the clothes were more than she will even pay for her dress clothes for work. I guess we are spoiled having a Kohl’s where if you are patient it seems like everything will eventually go on sale. 

If you played trivia or the games in the Club. You could win playing cards, microfiber cloths and my personal favorite squishy balls

3 hours ago, cgolf1 said:

The hat was a poor fit for dh..so he passed on it.  

The woman in the shop was quite snooty when we rejected the  very expensive sweatshirt..She advised it was bamboo as if that would  sway us,  and then showed us some tired looking generic X shirts for twice their usual price!

There was a row of Malala items but nothing for my grandchild and NO postcards anywhere.  I did get the prism necklace for myself in one of the stores, but  there are way too many jewelry stores.  Maybe we'll get the keychain next time.

We bought tee shirts, magnets and postcards in the ports...but found  the on ship shops not for us!

We just got off the Edge. It looks beautiful and we liked the infinite veranda idea.  The cabins are well appointed and spacious, with thoughtful design. Embarkation and getting off into ports goes very smoothly.

However, sadly, I think the value is not there.  Everything is more expensive on this ship. If you have a spa treatment you will pay $200++, and can not access the thermal room because the spa and the thermal suite are run  separately.  Drinks are at least 12 dollars US each, but having a plan helps there. The food is not spectacular or particularly creative, not for the cost of the voyage.  In fact, I have been impressed with NCL's cuisine improvements lately and feel the gap btw celebrity and NCL is closing in that regard. Celebrity use to be awesome with the meals!

There are some good innovations-like the Petit Chef dinner show-and they have put effort into green practices for sure, but overall this ship is pretty on par with most others...not over the edge as far as I am concerned.

I am a collector of Celebrity scale model ships. I looked at the price of my Celebrity Century model ship it was $25.00 and The Celebrity Edge was $55.00. Looking at other items in the gift  shop to purchase;  The Celebrity Edge model ship was a good buy IMO.

Edited by cruise47

On 2/26/2019 at 2:37 PM, hcat said:

The hat was a poor fit for dh..so he passed on it.  

The woman in the shop was quite snooty when we rejected the  very expensive sweatshirt..She advised it was bamboo as if that would  sway us,  and then showed us some tired looking generic X shirts for twice their usual price!

There was a row of Malala items but nothing for my grandchild and NO postcards anywhere.  I did get the prism necklace for myself in one of the stores, but  there are way too many jewelry stores.  Maybe we'll get the keychain next time.

We bought tee shirts, magnets and postcards in the ports...but found  the on ship shops not for us!

Just saw this on our fridge and remembered that my wife found it behind the safe when we were verifying that we packed everything:) So we did get our Edge postcard. 

D00F87A6-D9BF-40A5-8AF6-4F346F856E96.jpeg

Edited by cgolf1

I would be interested in seeing a "Revolution" poll, suite and non suite guests, maybe after a couple months when more people get to try them completed.  The refit still needed work on the first sailing, which would play a factor.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

A friend of mine who attended a TA conference was told Edge is the highest ranked ship by it's customers. Was also told they will not reduce the pricing as long as the ships sail mostly full because celebrity likes the higher pricing structure. Will be interesting to see what happens. Also many people are booking either Apex or Edge while on Edge.

It gets a 4.5 / 5.0 Cruise Critic Editor Rating which is lower, on average, than the S-Class ships.  It gets a 3 out of 5 from reader reviews, which is a lot lower than all of the other ships.  Neither is dire but it does point to some spinning going on somewhere.  That they're offering so many promos to get people on it is also a big red flag.