Replacement for Kelly Hoppen Rocker

cruisingxpert

15 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I have been told many times by Celebrity that all one has to do is request a lounger or at least a chair that reclines and has a foot stool like S class.  My TA also called and was told the same.  If anyone has requested a lounger or other piece of furniture like one and been told no, please share on here...Yes, I am expecting to have one for my huge balcony...lounger or reclining chair with foot stool, as either is acceptable for me.  And yes, the reclining chairs were on S class with the larger tables...those are similar to loungers, but not one piece.  I have read several accounts of those requesting loungers and getting them...but have never read about anyone who did not until now.  I believe the only "authorities" on here are those who have been told yes or no, but I have not read anything about the naysayers! 

I am the person who sailed in a CS on the Jan 20th cruise.  The CS balcony is long but not deep (aft sky suites have much deeper balconies).  Our deck 12 CS had two somewhat comfortable arm chairs with no footrests.  It had a real table with two chairs for dining.  Pre-cruise when we were contacted by the shore side concierge we requested one lounger, or at the very least a couple of footrests to go with the armchairs.  When we checked into our cabin they had not honored our request.  When we talked to our butler he said he knew of the request but it was refused due to a "safety issue".  Not really sure what that could be.  One of the armchairs could have been moved inside and replaced with a lounger.  By the way, we enjoyed the Rocker inside the cabin.  It was comfortable.  The couch was like concrete with a fabric covering.  The wall sconce lights behind the couch were too low and interfered with our heads when seated.  Perhaps the Rockers have been removed from Sky Suites but maybe they are still part of the higher level suites?  That would be a shame if the CS did not even have the Rocker for comfort.

45 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I am the person who sailed in a CS on the Jan 20th cruise.  The CS balcony is long but not deep (aft sky suites have much deeper balconies).  Our deck 12 CS had two somewhat comfortable arm chairs with no footrests.  It had a real table with two chairs for dining.  Pre-cruise when we were contacted by the shore side concierge we requested one lounger, or at the very least a couple of footrests to go with the armchairs.  When we checked into our cabin they had not honored our request.  When we talked to our butler he said he knew of the request but it was refused due to a "safety issue".  Not really sure what that could be.  One of the armchairs could have been moved inside and replaced with a lounger.  By the way, we enjoyed the Rocker inside the cabin.  It was comfortable.  The couch was like concrete with a fabric covering.  The wall sconce lights behind the couch were too low and interfered with our heads when seated.  Perhaps the Rockers have been removed from Sky Suites but maybe they are still part of the higher level suites?  That would be a shame if the CS did not even have the Rocker for comfort.

Thank you so much for your reply.  I am in an S1 aft for the TA, so that is why I want a lounger.  I called Captain’s Club once again, and I was told if there was not one already there to just tell my butler.  Anyway, I believe the S1 aft balconies, since they are so large, will not have an issue.  I have a backup plan too!

Many thanks!

On 2/19/2019 at 1:53 PM, WonderMan3 said:

If they have removed them from all the suites as has been rumored then they would've taken them off the ship. They would not have room to store all those chairs on an ongoing basis and it would make no sense for them to do that if there was no plan to return them to the cabins.

48 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Maybe they can put the rockers in some of the various “nooks and crannies “where there currently are uncomfortable, low-slung chairs.

I was thinking that those rockers would be great in the open area between that horrible passageway (the one with the mirrors and weird gold figures that I have run into 🙄) and Eden.  Sort of like in the airport in Charlotte.  Would be a great place to relax during the day and read a book.  There would probably be room on some of the ramp areas in Eden.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

I was thinking that those rockers would be great in the open area between that horrible passageway (the one with the mirrors and weird gold figures that I have run into 🙄) and Eden.  Sort of like in the airport in Charlotte.  Would be a great place to relax during the day and read a book.  There would probably be room on some of the ramp areas in Eden.

Great idea...but they are not the best thinkers or planners!

On 2/21/2019 at 10:22 AM, Plato123 said:

For what its worth, I have attached a photo of an aft S1on the Eclipse and on the Edge. Same lens used for both.

IMG_5442.JPG

IMG_0632.JPG

Only problem with the aft suite is the Pole next to the bed.  We had an S1 without the pool directly next to the bed.  You can walk into it in the middle of the night if you go to the bathroom.   But we liked the suite.

18 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Only problem with the aft suite is the Pole next to the bed.  We had an S1 without the pool directly next to the bed.  You can walk into it in the middle of the night if you go to the bathroom.   But we liked the suite.

We have spent many happy days cruising in aft S1's. Yesterday I booked a cruise in an S1 on Equinox post-refurb.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that they have at least a medium table and reclining chairs with footstools on the balcony and a real sofa (next to the porthole) and coffee table in the living area. I can deal with the the plethora of pillows, neutral colors, unusual art, coral pieces, etc. They can even put a horse statue in my stateroom, if they wish, but if they mess with the furniture we luckily will have enough time to cancel after the reveal.

PS: I only ran into the pole once 😉.  Now we don't even notice them.

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 10:22 AM, Plato123 said:

For what its worth, I have attached a photo of an aft S1on the Eclipse and on the Edge. Same lens used for both.

IMG_5442.JPG

IMG_0632.JPG

I think the Rocker will be good for S1 on S class ships by replacing with the single seat.

Edited by verizon

Guess I am a klutz!  Walked into the pole a couple of times.  However the suite is a nice size.  Yes the chair would fit- surely much better then our S1 on the Edge.  Again- banged into it- had to move it from time to time.   LOL  We have an S2 booked on our next Equinox cruise.  While the square S2 is slightly smaller, the closet is actually bigger.

Edited by Cruise a holic

22 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Guess I am a klutz!  Walked into the pole a couple of times.  However the suite is a nice size.  Yes the chair would fit- surely much better then our S1 on the Edge.  Again- banged into it- had to move it from time to time.   LOL  We have an S2 booked on our next Equinox cruise.  While the square S2 is slightly smaller, the closet is actually bigger.

You aren't a klutz!  I think a lot of people were tripping over the rocker and many have been attacked by the S1 poles. 😉

I went back and forth between the S2 or S1 and finally went with what we know and love. I'm excited to see what they did with the space and dreading to see what they did to the furniture. Hope they learned their lesson on the Edge! 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

22 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

You aren't a klutz!  I think a lot of people were tripping over the rocker and many have been attacked by the S1 poles. 😉

I went back and forth between the S2 or S1 and finally went with what we know and love. I'm excited to see what they did with the space and dreading to see what they did to the furniture. Hope they learned their lesson on the Edge! 🙂

On a positive note, the bathroom on the edge sky suite was really nice.  Liked that the toilet was in an enclosed privacy space from the rest of the bathroom.  

• Like 1