DO YOU THINK THE MARDI GRAS SHOULD HAVE

Cruisegirl6

1 minute ago, BoDidly said:

No , not really most of that food was wasted or showed up the next day in some kind of chef special  on the buffet. 

🤢

Same feeling. Seems like a waste. Not many attend at midnight and then alot of those who do only go to look but not really to eat.

• Like 3

I think they need a grand brunch, for Gold & above.  Something like what the Midnight buffets used to be like, but at lunch.  Celebrity & Holland America used to have this.  Something special, to thank you for your loyalty and to bring you back.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Actually no there is not after 10:30pm.  Wouldn't that be something great that Carnival comes up with that no other cruise line has?  I am not saying a lavish buffet like it used to be.  

Deli is open until 11, pizza 24x7, room service for a charge. 

All the ships have late night eats somewhere, from about 11:30pm to 1am or so.

• Like 2

I cruised in the days they had the big midnight buffets - the leftover always ended up on the buffet the next day, looking worse for wear, or turned into soup.  Eating that late would give me heartburn, so I too say no to late night eating.  A theme brunch would be good - maybe cued to where you're cruising, like if in Mexico, a Mexican brunch with tamales and a margarita bar and appropriate music.

• Like 3

Pizza is just pizza and the wait is insane, deli closes at 11 so it won't be open when we get there between 11:30-1am and room service, not going to sit in my cabin twiddling my thumbs waiting for food and wasting my night in the cabin.  Aren't they going to have some type of sports bar area where they sell food late at night for a fee?

12 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Pizza is just pizza and the wait is insane, deli closes at 11 so it won't be open when we get there between 11:30-1am and room service, not going to sit in my cabin twiddling my thumbs waiting for food and wasting my night in the cabin.  Aren't they going to have some type of sports bar area where they sell food late at night for a fee?

Red Frog Pub .:classic_smile:

In terms of bar bites, passengers on Carnival Breeze, Carnival Magic, Carnival Vista and Carnival Horizon will find items like coconut shrimp, conch fritters, jerk pulled pork sandwiches and beef sliders with a Caribbean twist -- for an added fee. (Note: The RedFrog Pub is found on other ships in the fleet, but food is not served there, due to lack of galley facilities.)

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2328

Edited by BoDidly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Perfect! Check your Fun Times for location of Late Night Eats. Standard hours are 11:30pm-1am. It's like they knew you were coming!

• Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 5:50 PM, gkbiiii said:

I think they need a grand brunch, for Gold & above.  Something like what the Midnight buffets used to be like, but at lunch.  Celebrity & Holland America used to have this.  Something special, to thank you for your loyalty and to bring you back.

Let me guess, you are gold?  But I do agree they need more loyalty (and suite) benefits...