Pick one:morning or night cabin service?

mama_2_boys

8 minutes ago, BigBuoys said:

Once a day, evening. When they ask, I usually say just leave extra towels. If I happen to have room service plates to clear, I just catch them when they are doing morning service. Never understood why I would need my room cleaned at 9AM and 5PM. 

They may only ask if they will be short help in the evening because I’m not asked on every cruise either. I agree because even when they offer both I still just ask for extra towels and to refill the ice bucket. That’s with 2 adults and 2 children in my stateroom. 

On 2/23/2019 at 7:31 AM, mama_2_boys said:

Which one do you pick and why?

Always both.  I like the cabin to be refreshed in the morning and the towels that we used the night before to be replaced.  In the evenings, I again like it to be refreshed, the towels we used before dinner to be replaced, and our beach towels to be replaced.

• Like 1

We always chose evening because we like to sleep in. I like that they come by and introduce themselves, leave you their card, and ask which you would prefer. I will ask at this time for ice bucket and robes. We have always had great service and hand them an extra tip on the last night. I see the prepaid gratuities as part of my ticket price. We tip in cash to those who we interact with and that make our vacation special. 

• Like 1

On our most recent cruise, we requested twice a day cabin service, verbally with our steward.  We were lucky when he was in our cabin once per day.  Some days he never did even a basic tidy!  We were out and about from ~7am until ~5 and ~5:45-9pm or later daily.  It was very disappointing.  

Am hoping for much better service in January on the Legend.  This time, I'm not going to accept less: I'll be in line at Guest Services if it doesn't happen.

14 hours ago, BigBuoys said:

Once a day, evening. When they ask, I usually say just leave extra towels. If I happen to have room service plates to clear, I just catch them when they are doing morning service. Never understood why I would need my room cleaned at 9AM and 5PM. 

Evening is not so much about cleaning as it is leaving fresh towels and bed turn-down service.

• Like 1

I let our cabin Stewart decide what time works best for him.  (Last cruise, he said mornings work best so that's what we did...I truly don't care either way....still got towel animals, still got all the flyers and fun times).  I also tell him that if he is really busy not to do anything to our room that day.  We are just happy to be cruising and we don't have a lot of needs....

• Like 2

When the OPTION of picking first came out, there were some here who felt it was a Carnival conspiracy to alter cruising as we know it.  This thread, and the reason and choices shown here, show it really is about having options.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:31 AM, mama_2_boys said:

Which one do you pick and why?

If there are just the two of us , we just do morning. If we have our grandson with us we do twice a day. At night we do get fresh ice and the Fun Times, no need for towel animals.

My opinion on this one is always beyond controversial. Once a day is fine. Generally in the morning. A towel is something I dry my clean self off with. Next time I use it, it is still in that same condition. I still get fresh ones each day, bed made, towel animal, and my room tidied. Does everyone else wash their towels at home after one use? What am I missing? I do not need someone to come multiple times per day, creating extra busy work for them, because it is MY VACATION, and I am entitled to whatever I want because of X reason. Calm down before you rush to tell me how it used to be. Do you still wear your top hat to church every Sunday? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

My opinion on this one is always beyond controversial. Once a day is fine. Generally in the morning. A towel is something I dry my clean self off with. Next time I use it, it is still in that same condition. I still get fresh ones each day, bed made, towel animal, and my room tidied. Does everyone else wash their towels at home after one use? What am I missing? I do not need someone to come multiple times per day, creating extra busy work for them, because it is MY VACATION, and I am entitled to whatever I want because of X reason. Calm down before you rush to tell me how it used to be. Do you still wear your top hat to church every Sunday? 

You are missing quite a bit, it seems.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

This thread, and the reason and choices shown here, show it really is about having options.

Can I get an amen from the congregation!

Its a perfect response - but one that does not fit with the Cruise Critic narrative that my opinion or way is the best and only opinion or way.

Edited by BigBuoys

5 hours ago, fyree39 said:

Jimbo, some on CC have reported that unscrupulous stewards will occasionally NOT give a guest the option.  They'll simply ask if the guest wants morning or evening.  I've had that happen to me.  Maybe that steward didn't notice I was a repeat cruiser. It's certainly not my fault Carnival is now giving these poor stewards 37 rooms to clean.

I do not doubt that it happens.  That said, there are solutions to the problem to handle any rogue RS.  For the record, they can get an assistant.  The point of my post was/is is that this idea has merit and is working as intended.   

10 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I do not doubt that it happens.  That said, there are solutions to the problem to handle any rogue RS.  For the record, they can get an assistant.  The point of my post was/is is that this idea has merit and is working as intended.   

For the record the Steward will have to pay the assistant out of pocket.  It's a mell of a hess. and becomes even less pay for the Steward.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

When the OPTION of picking first came out, there were some here who felt it was a Carnival conspiracy to alter cruising as we know it.  This thread, and the reason and choices shown here, show it really is about having options.

It has changed cruising as we know it with the options . Those that don't know about the option are not given the option by some Stewards .I still feel it will change to one time a day cleaning when some of the complaints calm down. 

17 hours ago, Steve551 said:

Evening is not so much about cleaning as it is leaving fresh towels and bed turn-down service.

It depend on what condition your stateroom is in. If your beds have been slept in they have to remake them as well as tidy up if things are out of place. This include vacuuming as well if need be. I think it really depends on who’s occupying the stateroom.

Twice a day, because I can never get my towels to dry. I’ve tried on the towel rack, on the clothes line, and (on our past cruise) on a hook outside of the bathroom, and they were always damp. 

We book interiors so we don’t have balconies or the sun to help dry things off. 

But that’s really all we need at night- just fresh towels and were set. This past cruise we got towel animals in the morning and funtimes/towels at night.

In December I requested twice a day service ( I was asked which did I want).  Traveling solo on that cruise.

Found out that when it just me, the morning service was just fine and the evening was really not needed.

Sailing in September, solo again.  Think I will opt for just once a day, morning service.

Now if I sail with others and a full cabin, twice a day would be a better option.

• Like 1

We plan on picking evening only on this next cruise as we'll be traveling with teenagers who enjoy sleeping in.  Besides that, there is no need for twice a day for us as we can always catch a steward when they are out in the hallway if anything urgent is needed.

• Thanks 1