Charge for second entree?

15 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

I believe a sampler platter would go over very well with cruisers.....pick any two of our main entrees and get a smaller portion of EACH along with the side dishes.  It would be FABULOUS!

It could be create your own platter just like they have at Red Lobster. The MDR has gone from banquet food to chain restaurant food anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Butter, oil, mayonnaise.....All I know is that lately you need some sort of lube to get that rubber tail to slide down.

I've never had lobster on a cruise. I do occasionally buy one myself. Very seldom are they tasteless or rubbery.

On lobster night on our past 2 cruises we were highly discouraged from ordering a second tail. One time we were told, "there won't be enough for second seating if you do this". Server asked chef and got 'special permission'. Awkward as we were dining with another couple and we told them, 'go ahead, you can order another entree if you like'. So I believe the trend will go to at least discouraging ordering a second entree in the MDR.

With the lobster tails it's a crapshoot. Sometimes they're decent and other times, inedible. If you get a bad one the first time I would try again.

Edited by marci22
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Davebhoy said:

While I'm not from New England, I absolutely agree that their way of serving lobster with just the clarified butter is FAR better than slobbering it with mayo !

I am from New England and agree with ocean Boy and you 🙂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Butter, oil, mayonnaise.....All I know is that lately you need some sort of lube to get that rubber tail to slide down.

We were on one cruise, it was either Oasis or Allure, where they had lobster tails in the Windjammer. They were in a huge platter and you could have all you wanted. I could not get one down no matter what I tried putting on it. It was just as tasteless and chewy as eating rubber.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

We were on one cruise, it was either Oasis or Allure, where they had lobster tails in the Windjammer. They were in a huge platter and you could have all you wanted. I could not get one down no matter what I tried putting on it. It was just as tasteless and chewy as eating rubber.

Maybe they reheated leftovers from the MDR. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Tried Salmon on a cruise once I may as well have tried eating a sponge...lol Just gross!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Complaint, complaint--If it's so bad why do you bother ordering it.  I enjoy my 2-3 lobster tails with simply cocktail sauce.

15 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Complaint, complaint--If it's so bad why do you bother ordering it.  I enjoy my 2-3 lobster tails with simply cocktail sauce.

If you have to put cocktail sauce on lobster to make it edible then you have proven lamcruzin's point.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I don’t anymore. I just ordered the beef dish. At one time I ordered both.

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If you have to put cocktail sauce on lobster to make it edible then you have proven lamcruzin's point.

No, I put cocktail sauce on all crustacean such as crab meat, shrimps etc. because of it's spiciness. You probably enjoy shrimps with butter sauce.  Believe me, try you will like it, especially on clams.

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

At the risk of complaining again, cocktail sauce is actually appropriate for the shrimp size lobster tails they serve. All I’m hearing is that the condiments are better than the main course. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't read any of the thread but have participated in a similar thread on the other board. I have never ordered a second entree and don't think that I would, but I definitely would not order a second if I was being charged for it. I have ordered two appetizers before. 

Edited by sparks1093

17 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

At the risk of complaining again, cocktail sauce is actually appropriate for the shrimp size lobster tails they serve. All I’m hearing is that the condiments are better than the main course. 

Complaint, complaint!:classic_rolleyes:  However, stay away from their seafood roll--even with the cocktail sauce, it's yucky.

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Complaint, complaint!:classic_rolleyes:  However, stay away from their seafood roll--even with the cocktail sauce, it's yucky.

How do you know the quality and execution of the dish prior to ordering? 

No white knighting for the billion dollar profit unregulated industry. 

7 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Surprised I am not always wrong... 🤔👍

Full disclosure.  The HD was either Norwegian or Finnish,  so he probably has an issue with the French as well. 😉🇨🇵

Even if it is true, the quality of the ship could be ascertained by a number of people. Your continuous bashing of both Royal and 'stupid Americans' 🇺🇸 is merely an erroneous opinion, not backed with any actual knowledge. 🤔

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

One more step forward in the death of the cruise ship main dining room.  How long do you give it on new builds until North American-centric ships there is no dining room, like on Aida ships? 

For a couple of years now I've been saying the MDR will be no more within 10 years. Free Buffet or pay Specialty restaurants  will be the choice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ditmar2007 said:

Obviously 🙂 I live in Denmark, and I make a mean mayonaise with an egg, oil, salt, and lemonjuice.

Good for you, I prefer Miracle Whip.

Doesn't mayo work on a lobster roll?

11 hours ago, Balsam12 said:

So what actually is your goal... other than to post negative comments about Royal Caribbean at every opportunity?

Do yourself a favour and use the ignore feature of Cruise Critic. I do not see his posts unless someone quotes him. I really wish people would stop quoting him as this is his main goal - to get attention. He's like a little kid who wants any attention - even if it's negative. 🙄

Edited by The Sunset Glow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Sunset Glow said:

Do yourself a favour and use the blocking feature of Cruise Critic. I do not see his posts unless someone quotes him. I really wish people would stop quoting him as this is his main goal - to get attention. He's like a little kid who wants any attention - even if it's negative. 🙄

Fortunately, I'm secure enough not to be bothered by reading things in a public forum. He's more likely to have blocked me because I have called him out on a few occasions, and he hasn't responded... quite probably because he couldn't think of a decent response 😁

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Full disclosure.  The HD was either Norwegian or Finnish,  so he probably has an issue with the French as well. 😉🇨🇵

Even if it is true, the quality of the ship could be ascertained by a number of people. Your continuous bashing of both Royal and 'stupid Americans' 🇺🇸 is merely an erroneous opinion, not backed with any actual knowledge. 🤔

Heard the ignore feature works well 👍