Does it seem like cruise prices have been much higher since Jan 1, 2019?

cruiser4305

I'm a fairly religious scourer of cruise deals since I have a flexible schedule and live in a cruising mecca. But this year I've seen prices jump more than in years past, with no signs that they are coming down. Last year around this time I was able to book several cruises for about $38-45/nt, now there are only a handful of non-repositioning cruises that are $54/nt, most are much higher.

Had anyone else noticed this? Any explanations? Higher demand, or...?

I occasionally check pricing and find that your price point is very low.  $54 a night for a non-repositioning cruise is a steal.  Most itineraries run closer to $100 a night.

In any event, with a strong economy prices are only going to inch up for the time being.  When the next recession hits, particularly if the number of newer and larger ships coming on line continues at current rate, there is likely to be a sharp drop.

i am curious: what have you seen for $54 a night?

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Just was told by a friend, there is a 14 night cruise up the east coast and Canada for $450 USD ($32pp/night), it is advertised here for $1150 AUD.

What are the details of this cruise.

On 3/5/2019 at 11:53 AM, cruiser4305 said:

I'm a fairly religious scourer of cruise deals since I have a flexible schedule and live in a cruising mecca. But this year I've seen prices jump more than in years past, with no signs that they are coming down. Last year around this time I was able to book several cruises for about $38-45/nt, now there are only a handful of non-repositioning cruises that are $54/nt, most are much higher.

Had anyone else noticed this? Any explanations? Higher demand, or...?

Yikes....$38-45 a night....I would expect those cabins to have a quarter machine that vibrates the bed....I'll pass on those.

While I don't believe there was a switch turned on that jumped prices that much overnight, the travel industry is doing very well. For as much as everyone moans and groans that every airline, hotel, and cruise line has taken away their god-given rights, they continue to see record travel.