Live From The Ruby Princess CA Coastal March 10-17, 2019

Woobstr112G

33493589928_370112923c.jpg 

Here you go from a little earlier this morning.  Right now it's 0920 hours.  We got a bit of bad news awhile ago.  The ship has cancelled tender service as the winds/waves are too high.  Everyone with a Princess based excursion will get a refund.....:classic_sad:

Edit: We just lifted anchor and are headed south.....

Bob

18 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

33493589928_370112923c.jpg 

Here you go from a little earlier this morning.  Right now it's 0920 hours.  We got a bit of bad news awhile ago.  The ship has cancelled tender service as the winds/waves are too high.  Everyone with a Princess based excursion will get a refund.....:classic_sad:

Edit: We just lifted anchor and are headed south.....

Bob

Bob... Somehow I missed the announcement about where we were headed. Is our itinerary changing again? I’m bummed about missing Monterey. I know we had some on our rollcall that had independent excursions. Bummer. 

12 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Bob... Somehow I missed the announcement about where we were headed. Is our itinerary changing again? I’m bummed about missing Monterey. I know we had some on our rollcall that had independent excursions. Bummer. 

The Commodore just made the announcement about 5 minutes ago.  It included in an in-cabin announcement as well.....

Bob

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

During dinner I enjoyed a couple of offerings from the expanded beer menu.  I can't say enough how stoked I am that Princess finally addressed the issue of their limited menu (beer) for those of us beer aficionados out there.  

Can you elaborate on the beer selections? We have always been very disappointed in the beer that Princess carries. Have they actually gotten some decent beer now?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Can you elaborate on the beer selections? We have always been very disappointed in the beer that Princess carries. Have they actually gotten some decent beer now?

I'll head out a little later and snap a couple pictures of them and then post.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

• Like 1

Sad to hear about the wind issues. The DW and I were on this same cruise last year and it rained all day while anchored  off of Monterey. We didn't go ashore but spent a good part of the day in the steam rooms and lounging around the ship. A small downer for my birthday but the rest of that cruise was great.  Enjoy San Diego.

Happy Trails. 🥃

Edited by BigWaveDave87

Bob, could you please ask if the unlimited minutes are offered to Elites for $49.99 on the first day. 

New York Nana posted the following:

I am onboard the Caribbean Princess right now. When I logged into Medallion Net, I was given 2 options. Select my 150 free minutes or purchase unlimited with a 25% discount. I selected the unlimited and my account was charged 49.99. My OBC easily covered the expense.  I’m glad I didn’t pre-purchase for $59.99. 

Thanks, Sandy

8 minutes ago, candide333 said:

Bob, could you please ask if the unlimited minutes are offered to Elites for $49.99 on the first day. 

New York Nana posted the following:

I am onboard the Caribbean Princess right now. When I logged into Medallion Net, I was given 2 options. Select my 150 free minutes or purchase unlimited with a 25% discount. I selected the unlimited and my account was charged 49.99. My OBC easily covered the expense.  I’m glad I didn’t pre-purchase for $59.99. 

Thanks, Sandy

I will be on the Caribbean Princess next week and am a little disappointed that our Elite status only will get us a $10 discount on the internet. I'm assuming that everyone regardless of status are being offered the $59.99 rate. Dave

P.S. Bob I'm enjoying your reports on your present cruise.

8 minutes ago, candide333 said:

5 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

I'll head out a little later and snap a couple pictures of them and then post.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

Many thanks. We are both quite interested to hear what is available.

Good evening all from the Ruby Princess.  Holli & I decided to stay in tonight for dinner.  I went up to the HC and brought back some items that we both enjoyed.  

With the cancellation of our day in Monterey, they changed our itinerary as follows.  We will arrive in San Diego at 1200.  We will then overnight in port to catch up with our scheduled port day on Friday.  For tomorrow, Princess threw together some excursion offerings.  Nothing struck my fancy so we’ll play it by ear.  For Friday we have an excursion to the San Diego Zoo.

Regarding the question about the beer menu.  I didn’t get a chance to do it today.  I will take care of it tomorrow.  

Thats all for now

Hope all are well

Bob

• Like 1

Welcome to San Diego.  There's a couple of fun things to do:

*  Go to Horton  Plaza Art Tix half price booth.  You might find a play you might want to attend.

*  Walk across the street to Old Town.

*  Get yourself to Balboa Park.  So many museums.  My favorite are Air & Space and the model trains.  I believe they have a walking tour too.

*  Take a taxi to the San Diego Zoo.  Use your military ID or AAA for a discount.  They actually have an "old people's bus service" (check in with guest services).  I usually can only walk so far.  Sometimes I reverse the course and have them drop me off at the highest point and then walk downhill.  The bus tour is awesome, but only covers a small portion of the zoo.  The pandas are not part of the tour.  Enjoy your time at the zoo, it's a wonderful place.

Extra time in San Diego sounds good. Enjoy San Diego. If you are into bicycle riding, you can rent bikes right across from the pier. We enjoy doing that. I agree the club sandwich from room service is very good. SoCalCruiser I hope your foot gets better. We love following along with the cruise we were booked on with this live post. Thanks for doing this Bob. 

16 minutes ago, judyjudy56 said:

Extra time in San Diego sounds good. Enjoy San Diego. If you are into bicycle riding, you can rent bikes right across from the pier. We enjoy doing that. I agree the club sandwich from room service is very good. SoCalCruiser I hope your foot gets better. We love following along with the cruise we were booked on with this live post. Thanks for doing this Bob. 

Thank you 😊

I will be looking for an urgent care when we arrive in San Diego.  Not sure but my big toe may be broken 🙁

Did you decide which cruise you were going to move over to?

Good morning all from the Ruby Princess 0520 local time.  I’m sitting in the Horizon Court at the moment as I type this.  For you techies out there, I just did a speed test and got readings of 154 down/103 up.  The later really surprised me as I have very fast internet at home and usually never get higher than 25.  

We we still have between 6-7 hours to go before we reach San Diego.  I’m still trying to figure out a plan of attack for when we due dock.  Until then, we plan to have breakfast in the CG around 0830.  After that, I might due some preliminary packing (yuck) since I over packed so much.  

This afternoon, if we are onboard, I’d like to try the pub lunch.  It’s already been offered twice on the cruise butI I’ve yet to partake.  As far as dinner plans go tonight, I’d like to try Share but I’m getting very lukewarm responses from my three traveling companions who don’t seem to be too interested.  

Regarding the beer menu, before I sat dow in the IC I went by Crooners (closed) but couldn’t find one laying around.  When they open up, I’ll stop by.

Thats all for now.  Sunrise picture (if I snag one) to follow.

Hope all are well.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

5 hours ago, minnie learns to float said:

Hi, what time did you sail under the golden Gate Bridge? Was any indication given of expected time? We are sailing next week and we want to see this our selves. Many thanks 

Since it was still dark out, I’d say around 0500ish.  For the best viewing go to the observation deck that looks down on the Sanctuary.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

9 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you 😊

I will be looking for an urgent care when we arrive in San Diego.  Not sure but my big toe may be broken 🙁

Did you decide which cruise you were going to move over to?

Oh dear.  So sorry to hear about your toe.  Spent a couple of hours at urgent care this past Christmas for same.  Hope it won't require a pin.  

Bob:  I once ordered the pub lunch to be delivered to my suite.  Room Service never had such a request, but they did it.  Beats standing in line.

Edited by cr8tiv1