Live From The Ruby Princess CA Coastal March 10-17, 2019

Woobstr112G

390E49A4-297B-4837-96B2-0C397C4134B0.thumb.jpeg.3cc543062a18dd7d2c316ad6944157f3.jpeg

Greetings from the Ruby Princess.  We just finished docking in San Diego.  We are docked at the Broadway pier next to the USS Midway Museum.  The above picture is the USS Essex that is docked across from us.  Not pictured is the USS Roosevelt (CVN 71) that was a out of the picture to the left of tg Essex’s bow....,

Hope all are well.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

• Like 1

Enjoying your review.  So sorry to hear about you missing Monterrey - it is a FANTASTIC port!  We were just there in September on the Ruby.  However, San Diego is also one of our favorites.  The photo shows the hotel I'll be checking into on Sunday for a meeting.  I never tire of SD!  We'll be on the Ruby again in May.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise - especially the zoo!

We just spotted the Ruby while watching our local San Diego news broadcast.    Interesting thing is, the Port of San Diego and another website we checked show no ships in port today!    Hope you are enjoying our glorious weather here today!   

• Like 1

Good morning all from the Ruby Princess.  We are currently docked in Sandiego.  We overnighted in port due to the aforementioned itinerary change.  Yesterday Holli rested up in our cabin while I went walking along the dock area & Seaport Village. Holli’s sister and her hubby accompanied me.  We had a great time just hanging out and wandering around.  

A little later this morning the four of us are going to take a harbor cruise.  After the harbor cruise, I’m gonna drag out the suitcases and begin the unfortunate task of packing.  Later on, we hopefully will take part in the adjusted formal night experience.  

Here is an interesting story that occurred yesterday as we were entering port.  Holli & I we’re in the Piazza when I momentarily lost sight of her.  Critical mistake on my part as I eventually located her in the Effy store.  I’m sure you all know what happened next:classic_biggrin:.

That’s all for now.  I’ll check in later.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

21540D89-5705-4CDD-8CF3-59FF44C08EA5.thumb.jpeg.74f20f0312df76539495b01ed1bedf86.jpeg

Here is the much anticipated Beer list from Crooners.  There is one IPA, “Demolition” from Wolf Creak Brewery, that is not listed.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

I found another beer that isn’t on the menu. It’s a wheat beer called Howlin' Hefeweizen” also by Wolf Creak Brewery.  In reading up on the brewery, I found that it is located in Santa Clarita near Princess HQ.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

Wow, Bob, that seems like such a short trip.  And soon it will be over.  You need to stay on her and extend your trip to Hawaii.  I dislike those disembarkation forms that are delivered to your cabin before you have a chance to start your vacation.  I detest, even more, the dreaded task of getting everything back in to the suitcase.  Lucky for you, EFFY stuff is very small and should be hand carried off instead.

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Wow, Bob, that seems like such a short trip.  And soon it will be over.  You need to stay on her and extend your trip to Hawaii.  I dislike those disembarkation forms that are delivered to your cabin before you have a chance to start your vacation.  I detest, even more, the dreaded task of getting everything back in to the suitcase.  Lucky for you, EFFY stuff is very small and should be hand carried off instead.

Lately when coming back into San Pedro, there are no Immigration Forms to fill out if you just did a CA. Coastal, or Mexico cruise.

Good evening all from the Ruby Princess.  Holli & aI just returned to ur cabin after aa nice formal night dinner at the Crown Grill.  For tonightI actually got all dressed up in my tux.  It felt good as Holli & I are traditionalists and always, with the exception of our first formal night this cruise, enjoy getting dressed up.

The dining experience in the CG had some high and low points.  While the service was top notch, the food left a little to be desired.  I had the lamb while Holli had the sea bass.  The lamb, was uninspiring.  It wasn’t bad, it just didn’t wow me.  Holli was not impressed with her main course for pretty much the same reason.  This was in contrast to the meal we enjoyed in the CG on the first night.  We both had the fillet that was quite good.

For our day in San Diego, we elected to take a two hour harbor cruise that we purchased tickets for off  the ship.  The tour was quite enjoyable and there was an abundance of picture opportunities.  

After we we returned to the ship, Holli went for a hair appointment in the Lotus Spa.  She did say there was some push by the personnel the to buy something.  She also mentioned that push wasn’t too bad.  While Holli was out of the cabin, I pulled out my suitcases and finished about 90% of my packing.

For those that might be wondering about the entertainment options on board, I will be scannng and posting all of the Patters to my Flickr page when we get home.

Thats all for now.

Hope all are well.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

• Like 2

Good morning from the Ruby Princess.  Internet was down earlier hence the tardiness of my morning post.  

Well the dreaded last full day is here. Right now Holli and I are sitting down to our last Suite breakfast in the Crown Grill.  This by far my favorite suite perk.  Overall, the food and service have been very good to outstanding.  

Today we don’t have much planned.  I may not even get off the ship.  After we finish breakfast, I’ll head back to the room and finish up packing.  I also will catalog and touch up my pictures.  Doing so during the cruise definitely save me a ton of time before I upload them to my Flickr page.  

Well, that’s all for now.  I’ll check in later.  

Hope all are well.....:classic_smile:

Bob

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I would be interested to know if this ED/CD do a first night introduction or a last night crew talent show.  My last few cruises didn't had them and the then CD said it was something in the past.

They didn’t have a welcome aboard show.  I haven’t checked to see if there is a goodbye show.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob