Cabin Lounging

CozGurl

I have a sleeveless swimsuit cover up that is too long to wear out and about so I wear it a lot in the cabin or on the balcony. It covers enough so I'm not worried about a neighbor seeing me but has easy access if I'm putting on lotion and such. I'm trying to decide if I want to get something else similar to lounge in or something different. 

What do you like to wear while lounging in your cabin or on your balcony?

Depends on the weather for the trip. I don't do warm/beach very often, but if so, I have a caftan from Lands End I adore. For cooler weather (our norm) it's typically knit or fleece pants or leggings and a tee - I plan for one easy "lounge" outfit per trip since I don't wear pjs.

Blue caftan.jfif

We like to keep cabin cool so air conditioning is usually on, so I like something which covers my shoulders..maybe a knee length, short sleeved T shirt type nightie. 

Usually request a robe to wear on balcony but have had some which have shrunk in the wash.

Last year's was a new one, made of non shrink fabric so far more useful. Hopefully being rolled out across fleet!

For cold weather cruises, joggers with fleece top.

Hi, I am in the cotton pants category...….it may be like a jogger style, soft cotton...…and a t shirt.  IF it is a cold weather cruise (say Alaska) same pants but a long sleeved top instead of the tank or short sleeves.  I have never been a Caftan person.

Oh, I like shorts too...I know some gals don't but if it is warm weather and I am on the balcony? Shorts and the t shirt work well for me:classic_biggrin:

I have a black short sleeved terrycloth robe that only goes to the knee and zips up.  It’s so nice for letting lotion soak in after a shower and for getting ready in before getting dressed.  The zipper is the best.  I can’t stand regular robes and the gapping that occurs.  It’s thick enough that I could wear it out on the balcony or to run out in the hallway for some reason.  I think the brand is Miss Elaine. 

• Like 1

I wear the robe provided in my cabin quite a bit--for having coffee on balcony before getting ready and after dinner when we are in for the evening. 

If I have to bring lounge clothes, I make sure they are multi-duty. Yoga pants and top I can wear for walking/exercise or a pool cover up that is like a dress and nice enough to wear for breakfast/lunch.

For beachy vacations, I take a long sleeve rash shirt (have had skin cancer) for swimming, snorkeling or being in the sun.  Plus a pair of Lands End nylon swim/board shorts. This can double as my exercise outfit. This is a good outfit if you are doing something like a sailing or snorkeling excursion. Covered up for sun protection yet look presentable.

All quick dry fabric---no cotton that takes forever to dry since you will need to rinse after being in chlorine or salt water.

I don't change clothes to be on the balcony or the cabin...whatever I've got on is what I wear!  I always bring a lightweight robe, as most of the provided ones (if provided at all) are too big for me to wear when I first get up or before I go to bed.

7 hours ago, cb at sea said:

I don't change clothes to be on the balcony or the cabin...whatever I've got on is what I wear!  I always bring a lightweight robe, as most of the provided ones (if provided at all) are too big for me to wear when I first get up or before I go to bed.

Nobody said you had to change to be on your balcony!  But there are some of us who go out on the balcony before

we "get dressed for the day" and are in lounging clothes which may not be what we are wearing to be out and about on the ship.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...