Why are luggage tags delayed if you use Choice Air?

jsf

Always been delays on getting luggage tags if you use Choice Air. We've have had our cabin number since November 2018 and our flights since about the same time so can't figure out why the luggage tags aren't available. I know it's not a big deal but the cabins not likely to change so why can't they be ready when everyone else gets theirs? We don't even put our tags on bags until after we land and before boarding so they don't get ripped off on the flights. I know I can call Captains Club to get them mailed but I shouldn't have to.

• Like 1

We used Choice Air for our cruise in November and had no delay in getting them. Ordered them around 45 days before the cruise and received them within a week. We have never been able to order tags much before that when not using Choice Air. 

• Like 1

Once we get our edoc's we can order our luggage tags.  We have a upcoming cruise  that includes flights booked with Choice Air and we received our edocs   43 days before our cruise and we then able to order luggage tags/ 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jsf said:

Always been delays on getting luggage tags if you use Choice Air. We've have had our cabin number since November 2018 and our flights since about the same time so can't figure out why the luggage tags aren't available. I know it's not a big deal but the cabins not likely to change so why can't they be ready when everyone else gets theirs? We don't even put our tags on bags until after we land and before boarding so they don't get ripped off on the flights. I know I can call Captains Club to get them mailed but I shouldn't have to.

When is your cruise?

How do you "order" the luggage tags? I don't remember ordering them for our cruise last summer.  Actually, I printed several and then out of nowhere some arrived in the mail!  I have not received any in the mail yet, I do have Choice Air this time, can I order them on line? 

Thanks!

I just made a second call to ask why I can't print or order luggage tags.

Yesterday was told it is because I changed flights... 

thats crazy because tags to put the luggage on a ship...has nothing to do with a one-way ticket back to the US on a different carrier.

Also was told to get any help I had to call back today

Today I called--and on hold 25 min while TA spoke with Celebrity. Was told that the "documentation" dept was going to get a request so I can print my tags... sheesh. I asked the TA to just have Celebrity mail them...and still no resolution

Told to wait a week and see if I can print them... or call back.

WTH Celebrity!? IS Celebrity tech so bad that although I can print boarding passes I can't request tags to be mailed or print them... ???

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Your flight info is included in your edoc's.so it seems that the change in flights may have delayed your electronic documents.  The edocs being released trigger the link to order luggage tags. 

So why is the express pass to get onboard ready? But luggage tags are not?

The flight change was MONTHS ago

1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

So why is the express pass to get onboard ready? But luggage tags are not?

The flight change was MONTHS ago

I have always found that the express pass is available to print long befor the e docs are issued.  The ability to order the luggage tag is always much later for me than the express pass/check in.

For the last couple of years the luggage tags have been received less than a week after they were ordered. 

I’m a little confused over edocs and Xpress pass.  We have printed off our Xpress passes for our cruise leaving in a week’s time but nowhere is there any mention of edocs.  We are not flying with Celebrity/Choice Air so wondering if edocs have to do with flights?

As for luggage tags I have always filled out the request on line after check-in is available but have never received them.  I always have to call Captain’s Club and they come within a week or two.

thon, edocs are the electronic version of your cruise documents.  It includes embarkation info,  boarding info, info on embarkation port, itinerary. If you booked transfers or hotels with Celebrity the vouchers are in you Edocs, as are printable luggage tags.  Plus ticket contract, etc. If you booked with a TA they should send them to you.

The Express Pass makes boarding easier as you have completed much of the paoerwork on-line and those at the port know you are on that cruise and can direct you accordingly.