Best Cruise line ever!

diesel1973

After reading all the rants and raves about Celebrity I would like to share a personal experience with them. Late Feb. we were on our 4th day  on a wonderful 9 nt. Southern Caribbean Cruise on the Equinox. While in Aruba we got a phone message in our room from our son to call home immediately. When we did we were informed  with the unimaginable that our Son-in-Law had passed away that morning. In shock, we decided to return home to comfort and support our daughter and 3 small Grandchildren. We went to Guest Services for help and they went above and beyond their duties. They checked for available flights home ,booked our flight, and   checked us in. They also assisted us with getting us  to the airport on time. We are very thankful for their efforts and contacted X to be sure to thank and commend them. The amount of their sympathy and kindness doesn't end there. I sent a e-mail to Lisa Lutoff -Perlo explaining the incident. Her assistant responded the next day with a generous compensation for not completing the cruise and most of our OBC refunded to our credit card. This was a very nice gesture on their part to say the least. In the past we have always cruised on X or RCCL and will continue to. In our eyes, they are THE BEST!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

My condolences to you and your family. 

And my appreciation to taking the time to post this.  These days, it's ALWAYS good to hear when a corporate entity does 'the right thing' - and especially when they go above and beyond.  Bravo, Celebrity!

diesel1973,

We am sorry to hear about your terrible loss.  Thanks for letting us know how Celebrity took care of you.  

Your Frankfort neighbor,

David and Marcia

Edited by mahdnc

Sincere condoleances for your loss!

Thank-you very much for posting! It’s both reassuring and impressive to see a corporation such as Celebrity go above and beyond the call of duty to help guests going through an unplanned and tragic event. 

Take care and bravo to Celebrity! 

So sad for your loss, but happy that Celebrity was there for you.  No one knows when things like this are going to happen, but so glad that you did not have to endure any more pain then you already had.  Thank you for sharing and condolences to your daughter and family.  

I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s wonderful that you were able to fly home to help your daughter, and it’s lovely that Celebrity took such good care of you during a very difficult time. 

Thank you for being gracious enough to take the time to post your positive experience with Celebrity’s assistance during a family emergency.

I would like to thank everyone for their sympathetic replies and well wishes during this sorrowful time. I was impressed that X responded the next day with a phone call to me. She was very kind and understanding  of the situation. This is a rarity in Corporate America. We intend to get thru this horrific incident and look forward to cruising again. Thanks again.

PS

When typing the original post for some reason I stipulated the Equinox instead of the Silhouette.

• Like 1