Bottled water

nycmedic

7 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Ft. Lauderdale, (Oosterdam).   At this moment, I can not direct you to the written policy.  I will see what I can find tomorrow.

OK, I've read about this water and soda policy (must be carried onboard)  before but was never able to find anything in writing to support it. 

5 hours ago, cruiser4305 said:

I've found the water on Carnival to be unpalatable. Is HAL water better?

People who have no problem with it will of course say yes.  Personally I haven't found any that tastes good and I've sailed on nearly every HAL ship.  It may have something to do with what people are accustomed to where they live.  The water here is great so I'm more fussy.  😄

8 hours ago, I like vacation said:

Which port?  Can you direct me to the written policy?

There was actually a FB post from HAL that was copied here.  HAL stated that all non alcoholic beverages had to be carried on just like the wine.  It applies to all ports.

47 minutes ago, wesport said:

Why not just buy a couple large bottles in each port. I wouldn't be bothered carrying a case on board. 

My DW buys a gallon jug in the departure port and sometimes in ports we visit.  Then transfers that to her water bottle once onboard.

4 hours ago, kazu said:

There was actually a FB post from HAL that was copied here.  HAL stated that all non alcoholic beverages had to be carried on just like the wine.  It applies to all ports.

I don't do FB.  Perhaps HAL should add that information to the 18 page Know Before You Go booklet.

3 minutes ago, I like vacation said:

I don't do FB.  Perhaps HAL should add that information to the 18 page Know Before You Go booklet.

It would be nice wouldn’t it?  That was certainly suggested to them at the time and they said it would be added at the next update.  I think that was around January, last year.  Sheesh!

Their post at the time was copied here for those that don’t do FB.  I normally don’t check their FB page either. 😉 

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Unfortunately, HAL's usual inconsistency leads to continued confusion on so many topics. IslandThyme started a similar thread back in July of last year in relation to several cases of wine that she wished to bring on her cruise. She reported back post-cruise stating that the porters took them with no questions asked:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2561681-have-you-taken-cases-of-wine-on-board

There was also a similar thread in December on the question of checking flats of water, with the not surprising selection of contradictory posts:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2616331-water-as-checked-luggage-in-san-diego