When do we get Wi-Fi code?

4 minutes ago, lindalo5032 said:

We have pre-purchased the Voom package.  Do we have to wait until 1:00 when we access our cabin to get our Wi-Fi code?

If your sailing distributes SeaPass cards at check-in, then you will get your access code then.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

When we boarded Liberty last November They gave it to us at check in with our key

Sorry off subject...but I remember you posting about being able to get the KSF applied to your booking. Was that a booking you already had booked? The KSF is starting again April 1st and am curious to know if I can apply it to my booking I made this past January....my sail date in May is apparently included. Also did/does it make any difference that i booked with a NRD?

Thanks for any experience and help you might have. I have asked this on the thread running today but no response yet.

And just a FYI...The code stops working at midnight last cruise night. We were on a B2B and found this out and our new code didn't work until later the next morning of our 2nd leg.

38 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Sorry off subject...but I remember you posting about being able to get the KSF applied to your booking. Was that a booking you already had booked? The KSF is starting again April 1st and am curious to know if I can apply it to my booking I made this past January....my sail date in May is apparently included. Also did/does it make any difference that i booked with a NRD?

Thanks for any experience and help you might have. I have asked this on the thread running today but no response yet.

We booked a cruise for two guests for this May (we booked in Jan) with a NRD and then they released KSF for our cruise and my sister decided she wanted to come along with my niece. I just called and asked them to add the 2 guests to our stateroom and also apply the KSF promo. The first time I called the person seemed confused and only added the two guests. but I called back immediately after getting off the phone with that person and I just said that I wanted to apply the KSF promo and the second person I spoke with had no trouble getting it applied. It ended up being almost the same price total that we were paying for 2 people - just a tiny bit more which was crazy. It was really easy to do in the end. I don't even think we got a new res # they just applied the promo to the current res we had

Edited by CarnivalCruiser32
*NRD

15 minutes ago, Ashland said:

And just a FYI...The code stops working at midnight last cruise night. We were on a B2B and found this out and our new code didn't work until later the next morning of our 2nd leg.

That's interesting.  Our code usually lasts a day or two after the end of the cruise.  Maybe each ship handles this in it's own way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Steven_&_Daniel said:

Forgive me if this is a stupid question....we are new to Royal Caribbean. If you don't get your card at check-in, how do you get in your cabin? Princess always gives cards at check-in, so I'm confused.

On sailings that do not distribute SeaPass cards at check-in, SeaPass cards are in an envelope affixed to the outside of the stateroom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Steven_&_Daniel said:

Forgive me if this is a stupid question....we are new to Royal Caribbean. If you don't get your card at check-in, how do you get in your cabin? Princess always gives cards at check-in, so I'm confused.

Some of Royal's ships still give them out at the pier when you check in. Other ships put one in an envelope on the cabin room door number and the rest inside the room. Google found this picture for me.

Image result for royal caribbean sea pass outside room 

1 hour ago, lindalo5032 said:

We have pre-purchased the Voom package.  Do we have to wait until 1:00 when we access our cabin to get our Wi-Fi code?

Our experience is it is usually in a small envelope in our stateroom. Last cruise we did not find one. Went to the wifi booth they usually have set up on embarkation day and the guy checked on his lap top to ensure we pre purchased and then wrote the code down for us.  

34 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That's interesting.  Our code usually lasts a day or two after the end of the cruise.  Maybe each ship handles this in it's own way.

This was on Freedom this past September....We were right in the middle of watching a Netflix movie...we called and they said this was the way it worked on Freedom. Glad to know it can vary.

41 minutes ago, CarnivalCruiser32 said:

We booked a cruise for two guests for this May (we booked in Jan) with a NRD and then they released KSF for our cruise and my sister decided she wanted to come along with my niece. I just called and asked them to add the 2 guests to our stateroom and also apply the KSF promo. The first time I called the person seemed confused and only added the two guests. but I called back immediately after getting off the phone with that person and I just said that I wanted to apply the KSF promo and the second person I spoke with had no trouble getting it applied. It ended up being almost the same price total that we were paying for 2 people - just a tiny bit more which was crazy. It was really easy to do in the end. I don't even think we got a new res # they just applied the promo to the current res we had

Thank you so much for offering your experience with the KSF.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lindalo5032 said:

On our cruise on the Freedom OTS last year we received the code and our Sea Passes when we checked in, on our recent Oasis OTS cruise we received our Sea Passes at check in and the Voom code was in our cabin in an envelope.

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

Yes I booked three cabins for myself and extended family with NRD's then a couple of months later the KSF promotion kicked off again.  I called Royal and they rep repriced my cruises and we were able to save on the one of the cabins.  The other two didn't count because the kids were teenagers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

Our internet has worked at breakfast on the morning of debarkation. 

So just to add a new possibility.

On Allure at a Christmas we were not given a code. 

You logged in and set up your own account as if you were going to purchase a package and the package that you had already purchased was one of the options and had a zero cost.  You just selected it and you were up and running.  Loved this system as you created your own username and password.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

This was on Freedom this past September....We were right in the middle of watching a Netflix movie...we called and they said this was the way it worked on Freedom. 

That was the exception, we have had VOOM work till debarkation day on Freedom, which is the norm. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

So just to add a new possibility.

On Allure at a Christmas we were not given a code. 

You logged in and set up your own account as if you were going to purchase a package and the package that you had already purchased was one of the options and had a zero cost.  You just selected it and you were up and running.  Loved this system as you created your own username and password.

I like the idea of selecting the username/password too.  Plus, this is probably one way they can give instant access to the guests who purchased VOOM pre-cruise.

Recently on the Enchantment with pre-paid Surf&Stream Package. Did not want to wait to 1PM when cabin opened... Went to the Customer Relations area where the WiFi Representative had a small table. Gave him my Room Number, Showed Set Sail, he entered data into his laptop and gave me my CODE. He also mentioned I would receive the Diamond Plus discount on my account on departure morning...