Personal Cruise Consultant

rucrazy

Looking for advice...

Princess has assigned me another PCC who is not up to my standards as far as Customer Service..This individual tries to hard sell me and on a number of occasions have str8up lied.

How do I go about changing my PCC with Princess?

The Princess Cruise Consultants never stick around.  It they are good they move on to other positions in the company.   Paul is right.  Talk to your travel friends and get a Travel Agent.      

3 hours ago, rucrazy said:

Looking for advice...

Princess has assigned me another PCC who is not up to my standards as far as Customer Service..This individual tries to hard sell me and on a number of occasions have str8up lied.

They do nothing for you that you cannot do yourself.

They offer no additional deals that you cannot get yourself.

It is a transient position and they come and go often.  Although there are some that have used the same one for awhile.

Find a good TA that gives you 8% to 12% off your cruise fare. 

Not one that plays games with OBC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve never used a PCC and never would. Much better to have a good TA who can save me money and be my advocate. PCCs are just order takers and the vast majority have never been on a ship and know only what they’ve been trained to know. 

I think the best to just call Princess and try to get your PCC changed. Maybe ask to have Princess take over the booking from the PCC.

I have been pestered by the same PCC and I have called Princess multiple times to get the PCC to stop contacting me to no avail.  The first time was when I had a cruise booked direct with Princess not with a PCC. The PCC started sending me information by email about my upcoming cruise. It was unsettling and  I called Princess about it. The next time it started  with the same PCC contacting me by email daily was shortly after I purchased a future cruise credit called Princess again. Nothing stooped the daily emails.I even emailed  the PCC to remove me from the email list. The only time it stoped was when I booked a cruise with my future cruise credit .  Then the emails stoped

I hope you are able to get some help and that it does not ruin your enjoyment of your cruise.

7 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Find a good TA that gives you 8% to 12% off your cruise fare

Or more.  For example, we get 15% off the non-commissionable fare.

4 hours ago, juniper berries said:

I think the best to just call Princess and try to get your PCC changed. Maybe ask to have Princess take over the booking from the PCC.

I have been pestered by the same PCC and I have called Princess multiple times to get the PCC to stop contacting me to no avail.  The first time was when I had a cruise booked direct with Princess not with a PCC. The PCC started sending me information by email about my upcoming cruise. It was unsettling and  I called Princess about it. The next time it started  with the same PCC contacting me by email daily was shortly after I purchased a future cruise credit called Princess again. Nothing stooped the daily emails.I even emailed  the PCC to remove me from the email list. The only time it stoped was when I booked a cruise with my future cruise credit .  Then the emails stoped

I hope you are able to get some help and that it does not ruin your enjoyment of your cruise.

Hmm.  I know I received an email a long time ago about someone being assigned to us.  And maybe another one about someone different.  Never heard a peep from them, let alone being pestered.  I don't think you should have to put up with that.  I wouldn't want my TA pestering me either. 

6 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Or more.  For example, we get 15% off the non-commissionable fare.

The max Princess gives is 15%.

What most likely happens is that your agent has group space and the price went up. You were able to book into their group space at the lower price so your percentage does seem (and is) higher.

Some agents have a lot of group space so you may be hitting a lot of their group space.

I prefer to do everything on my own, I just enjoy the planning and booking aspects, I find it easier to just book on my own because I know what I want by the time I book,  and I want to have the control. I do not want to use a TA and would prefer to book travel on my own. If I am booking a luxury cruise that is quite expensive then I realize that I should use a TA for the cost savings and will but only for the cruise portion.

That said my PCC is phenomenal and for my Princess cruises everything I said above about preferring to handle my own arrangement goes out the window and I most certainly use my PCC. I absolutely love her! She has been with Princess for many years and I have no reason to believe that she will be leaving her position any time soon. I am sorry that some of you feel that your PCC's can't do anything for you and all I can do is suggest that you keep asking for a new one because my PCC has my back and will do everything she can to help me. She regularly finds a better price than I see online, she actively watches for a better deal and reachs out, if something goes wrong she will do everything she can to help and I would say it is much easier for her to get that help then the average TA since she is actually with Princess. Having a contact at Princess that has my back and is knowledgeable is worth far more to me than any savings I can get with a TA. The bonus- she is super friendly and easy to talk to!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, minabruuke said:

I prefer to do everything on my own, I just enjoy the planning and booking aspects, I find it easier to just book on my own because I know what I want by the time I book,  and I want to have the control.

I totally agree with your statement. I too enjoyed the experience, still do as much as I can. but that's was when the cruise-line websites were consumer friendly and provided all the information I needed to make our decisions.

I deal with a PCC mainly because thru them I am still in charge of my booking even when they are not available when i call the cruise-line  to update my booking and do not have to wait for a TA to get back to me to implement changes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, voljeep said:

When a TA has 'group space' , is that for specific cabins, or just a number of cabins in various categories, or

any cabin 'available' ? - and is that why you may see blocks of cabins marked as sold?

It is for specific categories and not specific cabins. They can ask for group space in a variety of categories (insides, outsides, balconies, etc...) Though one can book other categories and get group benefits (just not the negotiated rates).

BTW - I am not a TA. 

Edited by Coral
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rucrazy said:

I deal with a PCC mainly because thru them I am still in charge of my booking even when they are not available when i call the cruise-line  to update my booking and do not have to wait for a TA to get back to me to implement changes.

For these reasons, it really is the best of both worlds!  We still have full control and can call Princess and discuss the booking at any time but we also have extra support and assistance from a direct contact. 

I've also gathered that Princess may be considering and exploring the possibility of giving their PCCs the ability to offer small additional perks here and there to try and encourage customers to book with them. 

I had one contact me with our first cruise, and when it came time for our second, never replied back to me. However, another one did and she has been awesome. She was actually out of the office due to a broken foot and I called the main line and asked for her, but the gal said she could still help me rebook to get a promo and it was zero issues. I know nothing about travel agents, but I know of another cruise line that tried to tell me they could get me deals and give me the exact what I could on my own. I felt like she wasted my time. I normally do my own research as it is, but I think you could just call the number and get a new person without an issue. 

Someone lying .. that is NOT cool at all.

On 3/29/2019 at 2:17 PM, rucrazy said:

Looking for advice...

Why even bother with a PCC.  Just deal with customer service. Have booked over 25 cruises with Princess and have just worked with who ever answers at customer service.  

12 hours ago, minabruuke said:

I've also gathered that Princess may be considering and exploring the possibility of giving their PCCs the ability to offer small additional perks here and there to try and encourage customers to book with them. 

Where did you gather this?