Royal announces new dress code

Here are the highlights:

• Formal will mean white tie and tails for men, floor-length ball gowns for women. Tiaras are optional (for everyone).
  • Informal will mean black tie for men and skirts with multiple petticoats for women. Kilts permitted for everyone.
  • Casual will mean cut-off jeans with tank tops for everyone.
  • Smart casual will be the same as casual, except that baseball caps worn backwards will be prohibited, because they make everyone look stupid.

In addition, on formal nights, everyone in the MDR will be required to eat European-style, keeping the fork in the left hand. In the interests of fairness, Europeans who always do that will be required to handle flatware the American way.

• Like 1

Is it okay if I wear White Tie with cut-off jeans on formal night? They are "nice" cut off jeans.

And on Informal nights, is it okay to wear the tiara backwards?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, vickiw0318 said:

You forgot a very important fact.  Royal Caribbean will be giving every woman a $50 luggage allowance to pay for the extra suitcase that will be required to bring the ball gowns and the extra petticoats.

I heard Royal Caribbean was going clothing optional. No more $35 luggage fee for air travelers.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

But the important question is, can I wear my RC bathrobe to the Windjammer on smart casual night?

You can only wear it as far as the hall, while the drug dog is in your cabin. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sobro said:

I heard Royal Caribbean was going clothing optional. No more $35 luggage fee for air travelers.

Just a guaranteed $25 towel charge to cover yourself for entrance into the buffet!  If a fee is taken away it will certainly be returned in another way 🙂

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...

RCI will likely come up with something like this and it won't be an April Fools joke:

Carnival’s Brand Ambassador John Heald posted on his Facebook page that the cruise line has added the following into their FAQ:

“All guests are expected to ensure their clothing and accessories are respectful to fellow guests. Specifically, items worn during the cruise should not contain any message that may be considered offensive or contain nudity, profanity, sexual innuendo/suggestions. In addition, clothing/accessories should not promote negative ethnic or racial, commentary, or hatred or violence in any form.”