Fort Lauderdale hotels

Bamagranna

We like the Embassy Suites. Right near the entrance to the port. 

Easy walk to restaurants, banks, Total Wine, Publix (grocery store).

Includes free happy hour from 5:30 to 7:30 pm daily

Includes breakfast bar with eggs and such cooked to order.

• Like 1

There are numerous hotels in the S 17th Street area, which is not far from the airport and very close to the port. There are restaurants and shopping available within easy walking distance, including a Publix grocery store, which is where I always like to pick up some wine to take on board. Most recently we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, which was clean and comfortable, ad a decent breakfast buffet, and helpful staff.

Just Google "Hotels on 17t Street in FLL" and you'll see what the possibilities are.

• Like 1

I second the Embassy Suites, near the port. We've been staying there for years. In addition to what Paul said, they offer a shuttle service, not only to/from the airport, but to the cruise terminal. There IS a reasonable charge for their shuttle service (can't remember exactly what it is -- but it's cheaper than a taxi.)

5 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

I second the Embassy Suites, near the port. We've been staying there for years. In addition to what Paul said, they offer a shuttle service, not only to/from the airport, but to the cruise terminal. There IS a reasonable charge for their shuttle service (can't remember exactly what it is -- but it's cheaper than a taxi.)

Most people say that the taxi is cheaper.  The hotel shuttle is PP.  The Taxi is per trip.  The shuttle is about $9 PP.  The taxi will be about $15 per trip.

Besides the taxi is straight to your terminal.  No telling how many stops the shuttle will taking before it gets to your terminal.

No argument on cab/ride-share prices vs shuttle, as I haven't taken a taxi in Ft. L (and I don't 'Uber'), lately. But I can tell you that I've taken the shuttle to the port many times, and the hotel shuttle dispatchers make every effort to fill each shuttle with pax from one (sometimes 2) ships. We've never had more than one quick stop, to let other folks off at the port.

1 hour ago, wwcruisers said:

No argument on cab/ride-share prices vs shuttle, as I haven't taken a taxi in Ft. L (and I don't 'Uber'), lately. But I can tell you that I've taken the shuttle to the port many times, and the hotel shuttle dispatchers make every effort to fill each shuttle with pax from one (sometimes 2) ships. We've never had more than one quick stop, to let other folks off at the port.

Doesn't that mean a wait for the shuttle to fill?  

IIRC, our taxi from E/S to Holland terminal was less than $15.  And, no waiting.

We did take a shuttle from the port to the airport.  We'll avoid that next time.  Very crowded.  Very much a hassle with people getting in and out.

FWIW, the Uber from FLL to E/S was $11.01

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

Doesn't that mean a wait for the shuttle to fill?  

Not so long as you'd think. The hotel Concierge usually has a list of who's signed up for the shuttle, and what time they would like to leave. There are SO many cruise ship guests, that they just run a couple of shuttle buses to and from the port, all morning. Not a lot waiting -- we only use it because it's reasonably priced, and we find it to be convenient. Especially if our party is too big to fit in a standard cab -- which it often is.

10 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

Not a lot waiting -- we only use it because it's reasonably priced, and we find it to be convenient. Especially if our party is too big to fit in a standard cab -- which it often is.

A very good reason for taking the shuttle.

FYI, here's a handy tool.

https://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Fort-Lauderdale-FL&from=Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street&lang=en

and, Uber

https://www.uber.com/fare-estimate/

Bigger groups can fit in a van taxi that are very common in Fort Lauderdale for the same price as a sedan.  That’s much cheaper than the shuttle fares assessed by individual.

1 hour ago, wwcruisers said:

Not a lot waiting -- we only use it because it's reasonably priced, and we find it to be convenient. Especially if our party is too big to fit in a standard cab -- which it often is.

I agree and we will not get to hotel until midnight and check outs are at 11

Just need a safe convenient  place and good breakfast  with shuttle from airport

We are looking at Comfort Inn and Holiday Inn Express

Friend stayed at Crowne Plaza

The Holiday Inn (not Express) was a complete nightmare.

Shuttle driver stopped at not one stop sign, most he did 35mph thru.

Bum sleeping on the pool deck in a lounge chair at 11pm & still there at 6:30am.  Empty beer bottle & cigarette butts on pool deck.

Room smelled heavily of mouse droppings, are surfaces were slimy, carpet damp.

And when we returned home we found they charged us twice for the room, it took a month to be refunded for the second charge.