Allure azipod issues

5 minutes ago, tropical83 said:

Hopefully they announce something official soon 

I'm sure its coincidence but I only see the May 26 cruise on RCCL site as being available to book for the month of May.

Or maybe the other dates are sold out so they dont list them?

1 minute ago, E23NK1 said:

I'm sure its coincidence but I only see the May 26 cruise on RCCL site as being available to book for the month of May.

Interesting. I was on the site earlier today and they were all still listed. 

My May 26 sailing has been mostly sold out except for some suites for a few weeks now

I just went to check again and the site is not working for me

41 minutes ago, E23NK1 said:

I can see only a Star Loft left available for the May 19 cruise, and some suites still for May 26.

1 hour ago, E23NK1 said:

The  other dates sold out right after Oasis had to cancel her three sailings this month.  It seems a lot of those folks moved over to Allure.  I'm on the May 19th sailing. 

Edited by rockmom

1 minute ago, rockmom said:

The  other dates sold out right after Oasis has to cancel her three sailings this month.  It seems a lot of those folks moved over to Allure.  I'm on the May 19th sailing. 

Gotcha...thx...I never thought about that.

Hopefully Royal isn't down another ship here soon

5 hours ago, Mustang93! said:

If another goes out, then what?  I am nervous about this!

No need to be nervous. All will be fine. 

4 hours ago, ravenrob said:

I'm on her on the June 30th sailing.  I hope it does not require a Drydock.  I wonder if it is worth a phone call to the home office?

Not worth the call. 

• Like 1

@RCL replied back to my Tweet, "No worries.  We haven't canceled even our most upcoming sailings let alone anything in June.  We'll get it fixed ASAP, but the issue isn't impacting her operations at all- Brit"

So let's see how this one goes....

4 minutes ago, ravenrob said:

@RCL replied back to my Tweet, "No worries.  We haven't canceled even our most upcoming sailings let alone anything in June.  We'll get it fixed ASAP, but the issue isn't impacting her operations at all- Brit"

So let's see how this one goes....

Just saw your Tweet, Thanks...Hopefully Brit is right...famous last words though right...haha

4 hours ago, E23NK1 said:

Our sailing has been sold out for some days. (April 28 to May 5)

10 hours ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

This is not the first time with this issue nor the last. Back in 2013 Allure had this similar issue and limped along with modified port schedules for a few months. 

We were on Allure in 2013. The center “fixapod” was out of service. We had a modified itinerary. Allure goes in to be “amplified” early 2020. Would expect repairs then if possible to wait.

For those suggesting there may be a cancellation for a dry dock repair, that will be a challenge.  Apparently, the only facility in the Western hemisphere that can do any kind of "dry" repair on propulsion pods on a ship the size of Allure is Dry Dock 2 in Freeport.  Yup, the same one that was involved in the incident with Oasis.  There may be other facilities but the US Navy owns them and has them occupied with their own projects.

Oasis is currently heading for the next closest option, Cadíz, and will be occupying that facility for a few weeks.

Edited by hallux

Based on whats been reported, it sounds like those on upcoming cruises shouldn't worry.  One benefit of having three pods is that loosing one does not substantially reduce the cruising speed; the schedule adjustments that have been posted seem modest.

3 hours ago, rcclmiami said:

The center “fixapod” was out of service.

Allure has three azipods.  Fixipods were on some older RCI ships.  Though I suppose if the azimuthing broke, it could be operated as one!

3 hours ago, hallux said:

For those suggesting there may be a cancellation for a dry dock repair, that will be a challenge.  Apparently, the only facility in the Western hemisphere that can do any kind of "dry" repair on propulsion pods on a ship the size of Allure is Dry Dock 2 in Freeport

Plus, we don't know what is wrong, so it may be an issue that can be done without a dry dock.  But I agree, it is likely they will wait if it requires several days and/or a dry dock.  I imagine both RCI and most passengers would rather see 30 to 60 minute adjustments in port times than a cancellation.

10 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Does anyone know when the scheduled dry dock for Allure is?

Thanks

I have Mar 14, 2020 to May 24, 2020.  Seems too long to me, so I may have copied the notes incorrectly.

14 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Where in the same boat.  (We have your sailing booked and we have one in 3 weeks).

Have two upcoming sailings on her.

Hoping for safe travels.

You leave her in good shape with the remaining azipods working!! We embark on her when you disembark.

I've just checked our Itinerary for the 12th May and 19th May cruises and our times of arrival and departure at each stop hasn't changed. I can only assume that either they intend to sort this before then or on our cruises with these stops they are able to stick to the same time slots.

Edited by Luminated67

8 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I have Mar 14, 2020 to May 24, 2020.  Seems too long to me, so I may have copied the notes incorrectly.

Herr Henrik would say that is to ensure she finishes on time and not have to cancel any sailings - big EU penalties otherwise.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Herr Henrik would say that is to ensure she finishes on time and not have to cancel any sailings - big EU penalties otherwise.

They should probably over schedule and then add some short ones in if it's done on time.

BTW, I like to refer to him as Thor

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

On Allure now, western carrib itinerary- Nassau was today and we should be headed towards Cozumel for arrival there Wednesday but looking at the tv showing our track, trip in progress - we are literally tracing the exact route from Miami - I would expect our direction to be heading south- the speed is 20.1 kts - fingers crossed  we are just routing to hug s.florida and keys on our way down to Coz?

C958E03F-DBC6-4F6C-9CD5-E50D5542C78A.jpeg