Horrible Horizon Debarcation

Bribrittmom

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

...and we have hit upon the crux of the problem, no system enhancement will prevent this...maybe tasers?

Yep, I mentioned something to two staffers that were standing on the landing on Deck 3 - neither seemed to care that the forward stairwells were clogged with idjuts.  If the staff doesn't see a problem, I have no problem trucking over them with my wife's 100lb suitcase 🙂

3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Stay close to me grasshopper, I will show you many secrets on this journey (not a Carnival Journey, but that is not a bad ideas either......).

A Kung Fu reference with David Carradine.  You're showing your age now Jimbo

40 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

A Kung Fu reference with David Carradine.  You're showing your age now Jimbo

Lol, that is the second time in two days someone said that, so I guess that must be true.....

I think it is great that a teenager wants to help research for his families upcoming cruise. I have two teenage boys. They don't want to know anything about our cruise this summer. They like to be surprised. Won't even look at pictures of the hotel we are staying at before the cruise. Meanwhile I am like cruise director Julie printing out fun times and menus and editing a spreadsheet with 5 tabs.

I also think that the transportation transfer companies cause some of the mass exodus off the ship. We are using Jiffy Jeff and they need me to turn my phone on at 7am when we arrive back in port even though we aren't flying out till the next day. They said they need to get everyone out of the port area and then start bringing new people in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

We were on the same cruise that you were on and found just the opposite.  Self disembark has always been the first to get off the ship.  

We were Platinum and Brother and SIL had FTTF.  We were told to meet in the Reflections Dining room at a certain time.  We went down there about fifteen minutes early.  We got off of the elevator and tried to get into the dining room through the crowd.  A worker told us to get into the line to leave the ship.  Within five minutes, we were off the ship.

We got to luggage claim and someone had taken one of our bags off of the belt and sat it with a bunch of other ones.  Finally the other one came around on the belt.  Customs was easy now that you don't have to fill out a form.  They looked at our passports and waived us through.   It was the earliest we've ever been off of a ship.

Interesting.  I got to the Plat assigned dining room about 30 minutes ,walked in and had a seat.  There were pastries and drinks set up.  There was no one in the lobby.  They did collect us about 15 minutes early so maybe you joined our group leaving the ship?

7 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

If this poster is actually a teenage under the age of 18, I don’t think the moderators should allow them to post on this forum. There are a lot of discussions on here that are not appropriate for kids. I’ve gotten the feeling by their posts that they are not a teenager but probably a poster that has been banned and doesn’t want to go away....

I agree

49 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

I agree

you seriously think there are conversations on here that an under 18 year old shouldn't see? Boy I'd LOVE an example!!! The worst things in here are people whining! Guess what?? Teenagers see that DAILY! and they don't even have to be on here where people are supposed to be "grownups"! Or was that "I agree" because you don't think a minor should be here period? Well if the founders and moderators of CC care so little about it that it's not in the rules (yes I looked) then why should you? Maybe you should start your own boards and keep minors away? Personally I love seeing someone with energy placed in the RIGHT place instead of getting their rump in trouble doing stupid "typical teenager" type stuff.

4 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

I guess this is why people don't want people like me on these forums ...

Don't worry about what others want. Just keep on keeping on...I'm SURE your parents appreciate the assistance with planning and research. I know I would!

4 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

I am on my free block, I have nothing better to do.

I'm going to hope that, like my daughter, you have all of your work done and choose something constructive. I'm going to also hope that in doing this you aren't putting off things you could be doing in school (sorry the parent in me).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nyo1011 said:

I also think that the transportation transfer companies cause some of the mass exodus off the ship. We are using Jiffy Jeff and they need me to turn my phone on at 7am when we arrive back in port even though we aren't flying out till the next day. They said they need to get everyone out of the port area and then start bringing new people in.

I contacted Jiffy Jeff last week just to inquire about some rates from a Miami hotel to the port and back to the hotel after. What I didn't like about them was, they told me since they're a shared ride service, they wait at each location until their van is full before leaving. Well, we used QLS last year. They, too, are a shared service, but they only pick up the people who have reservations for a certain window of time. The driver has a list of the ones he's picking up. They don't sit around and wait until they're full. They pick up the ones who scheduled for that time and they go. Not to mention the price difference. When I inquired about transport next year, QLS quoted me a price $55 cheaper, each way, for 5 of us.

40 minutes ago, BBigfoot613 said:

you seriously think there are conversations on here that an under 18 year old shouldn't see? Boy I'd LOVE an example!!! The worst things in here are people whining! Guess what?? Teenagers see that DAILY! and they don't even have to be on here where people are supposed to be "grownups"! Or was that "I agree" because you don't think a minor should be here period? Well if the founders and moderators of CC care so little about it that it's not in the rules (yes I looked) then why should you? Maybe you should start your own boards and keep minors away? Personally I love seeing someone with energy placed in the RIGHT place instead of getting their rump in trouble doing stupid "typical teenager" type stuff.

Don't worry about what others want. Just keep on keeping on...I'm SURE your parents appreciate the assistance with planning and research. I know I would!

I'm going to hope that, like my daughter, you have all of your work done and choose something constructive. I'm going to also hope that in doing this you aren't putting off things you could be doing in school (sorry the parent in me).

My response was in agreement that the moderators should be policing posters who appear to be underage since it is not unusual for adults to be posing as children on social media sites.  But I guess "you" are okay with that?  I do disagree that "teenager" stuff is stupid. 

26 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

My response was in agreement that the moderators should be policing posters who appear to be underage since it is not unusual for adults to be posing as children on social media sites.  But I guess "you" are okay with that?  I do disagree that "teenager" stuff is stupid. 

I'm not sure how to translate that any other way than you stating EVERY teenager is really an adult in disguise?? as far as teenager stuff being stupid.... you, like so many, were once one. SOME mature and realize that not ALL are bad. When is that going to take effect with you? I said it once and I'll say it again... If he's not breaking the rules and you don't like it CREATE YOUR OWN GROUP. And get off his back...he's a good kid. Believe me I have been watching his posts and comments and while I can definitely see immaturity in some of his rationale I can also see a good amount of character that I wish some adults had. g'day 🙂

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

The adults who post as kids on social media are typically twisted individuals who are, in a sense, preying on kids. I seriously doubt those types of people are going to be doing that on a cruising message board. Not to mention the fact that jbethel certainly doesn't display any type of malicious behavior. And displays a level of maturity greater than that of some users here. If they really are the adult you guys are accusing them of being, why would an adult pose as a teenager on a cruising message board, only to casually discuss cruise topics?

24 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

Why would they, they want people to leave. 

Of course they want people to leave, because more people are coming on. But why have debarkation procedures in place if the crew aren't going to follow or enforce them half the time, allowing the situation to get out of control, as it does sometimes? They have procedures on the books: priority debark, express debark, checked luggage debark, zone numbers. Those procedures are put into place to facilitate a safe, quick (hopefully), efficient debarkation process. The key is to enforce them, otherwise it falls apart.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

What do you want from me? Do you want me to leave, to keep this forum “Serenity”? Is this your only way of escaping reality? I apologize if I offended you in anyway, I am simply here to talk about my passion! Cruising! 

Edited by jbethel11
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

If this poster is actually a teenage under the age of 18, I don’t think the moderators should allow them to post on this forum. There are a lot of discussions on here that are not appropriate for kids. I’ve gotten the feeling by their posts that they are not a teenager but probably a poster that has been banned and doesn’t want to go away....

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've read on here. You can't even swear on here like you can on 99.9% of the rest of the internet, this is one of the most G-rated discussion boards out there. Also, I can guarantee you that a teenager is hearing much, much, much worse conversation on a daily basis at school than on a cruise forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hotsauce126 said:

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've read on here. You can't even swear on here like you can on 99.9% of the rest of the internet, this is one of the most G-rated discussion boards out there. Also, I can guarantee you that a teenager is hearing much, much, much worse conversation on a daily basis at school than on a cruise forum.

Preach! People, this is not serenity! This is a family friendly forum! I’m not going to feel excluded because people suspect and assume. Not happening. 

15 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Of course they want people to leave, because more people are coming on. But why have debarkation procedures in place if the crew aren't going to follow or enforce them half the time, allowing the situation to get out of control, as it does sometimes? They have procedures on the books: priority debark, express debark, checked luggage debark, zone numbers. Those procedures are put into place to facilitate a safe, quick (hopefully), efficient debarkation process. The key is to enforce them, otherwise it falls apart.

You'd have to ask carnival why they have rules and don't enforce them.

8 minutes ago, hotsauce126 said:

I don’t know where your kids go to school but I can guarantee you that at our local HS the adults are not discussing daily how to drink 15 alcoholic drinks a day, how to use rum runners or how they use their balcony’s for sex. I stand behind my statement that this is not a forum for kids. I know kids hear things they shouldn’t but that doesn’t mean then anything is open game for them.

Edited by Jerseygirl1416

6 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I don’t know where your kids go to school but I can guarantee you that at our local HS the adults are not discussing daily how to drink 15 alcoholic drinks a day, how to use rum runners or how they use their balcony’s for sex. I stand behind my statement that this is not a forum for kids. I know kids hear things they shouldn’t but that doesn’t mean then anything is open game for them.

I see your point, but remember, YouTube is filled with these types of comments. I am exposed to that everyday. Again, I don’t want to know how to use a balcony for sexual practices, nor for smuggling alcoholic beverages onboard, yet *JUST KIDDING*. However, if this really was a concern, there would have been a rule established long ago. 

Edited by jbethel11
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lottacruises said:

You'd have to ask carnival why they have rules and don't enforce them.

That list goes well beyond debarkation.

This is just a simple discussion, because some people are essentially saying, "Who cares, everyone needs to be off the ship anyway." Well, hundreds/thousands of passengers care when their lack of enforcement causes a log jam that delays debarkation. Or in some cases, causes safety hazards, like when the stairwells are completely clogged with people who didn't listen. I think the blame is to be shared between those who don't follow the rules and the crew who don't correct them.

• Like 1

Just now, Organized Chaos said:

That list goes well beyond debarkation.

This is just a simple discussion, because some people are essentially saying, "Who cares, everyone needs to be off the ship anyway." Well, hundreds/thousands of passengers care when their lack of enforcement causes a log jam that delays debarkation. Or in some cases, causes safety hazards, like when the stairwells are completely clogged with people who didn't listen. I think the blame is to be shared between those who don't follow the rules and the crew who don't correct them.

See, and that’s what I feel is the problem with forums. People give skewed opinions that do not help the discussion whatsoever, and then we get on tangents about kids being on forums and stuff. Why can we just contribute more FACTS than OPINIONS. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WIFamily said:

Yep, I mentioned something to two staffers that were standing on the landing on Deck 3 - neither seemed to care that the forward stairwells were clogged with idjuts.  If the staff doesn't see a problem, I have no problem trucking over them with my wife's 100lb suitcase 🙂

They should have crew members present in elevator lobbies like they have in muster drill. They can scan cards or check ticket stubs to see what zone they in and where they should proceed to. 

8 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I'm on the Carnival forums regularly. Admittedly, I don't read every single thread, but I haven't seen people discussing smuggling booze in a long time. Sure, they talk about Cheers quite often, but that's nothing. If I've ever seen anyone talk about using their balconies for "extracurricular activities," it was always worded in a G (or PG at worst) manner, just as I did here. I'm the dad of a teenage boy. This is the age of the internet. He's read far worse things on places like messaging platforms, multi-player online gaming chats, and Reddit. Jbethel has already said he's well beyond the age of 13, the minimum age restriction applied to fb users (not that they even enforce it there). So I'm going to assume he's in his late teens. There ain't nothing that's said here that can even compare to what's out there.

3 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

I see your point, but remember, YouTube is filled with these types of comments. I am exposed to that everyday. Again, I don’t want to know how to use a balcony for sexual practices, not smuggling alcoholic beverages onboard, yet *JUST KIDDING*. However, if this really was a concern, there would have been a rule established long ago. 

I really don't think seeing someone talk about the Cheers package on a cruise forum is going to corrupt a teenage mind. Heck, I grew up going to gatherings and watching nearly everyone in my family, and their friends, drink. I wasn't reading about it, like here, it was right there live and in person. Well before my teenage years. That must blow some people's minds today. As a teenager, I did some very stupid things. I'm talking things that seemed exciting and fun, but were just plain stupid that could've literally gotten me killed. With all the "inappropriate" things I saw and did, I still wasn't exposed to the things my boy can find on the internet today. Not even close. If the worst you can manage is talking about cruises on a cruise forum, you're doing just fine.

Now, can we please stop worrying so much about the age of jbethel, or anyone else, and get back to the topic at hand?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BBigfoot613 said:

I'm not sure how to translate that any other way than you stating EVERY teenager is really an adult in disguise?? as far as teenager stuff being stupid.... you, like so many, were once one. SOME mature and realize that not ALL are bad. When is that going to take effect with you? I said it once and I'll say it again... If he's not breaking the rules and you don't like it CREATE YOUR OWN GROUP. And get off his back...he's a good kid. Believe me I have been watching his posts and comments and while I can definitely see immaturity in some of his rationale I can also see a good amount of character that I wish some adults had. g'day 🙂

Not sure you who are referring to since I have not responded to any kid.