Jim_Iain Live Blog - Infinity B2B - Carribbean and East Bound TA

Jim_Iain

The have a nice sit down tea every afternoon in Michaels Club between 3:30-4:30.     I just felt like a scone so went to Ocean View where they have a self service tea service at the same time.  

BA85E909-B9E5-4067-9235-2353254D0DEC.thumb.jpeg.62f62f6f3d355473ef7346908f9d4f71.jpeg

F8108BF8-0004-4178-9041-7C622DE22051.thumb.jpeg.a5d72cacd94a1466eea52952c3cb7f1a.jpeg

5E7B0598-EC5B-481F-9E0F-80896B8C50F2.thumb.jpeg.03779ab862ad73572937e11bb1e38ce8.jpeg

0962BC1E-BDD5-4D14-B143-505DF17707C4.thumb.jpeg.89e485cdede63e01849d6ceb7ef6da80.jpeg

C8DEE8C5-2840-49FD-B3B5-15A953166FA4.thumb.jpeg.4d4bbcc56a93cbe3548e592bcc9baf4f.jpeg

No clotted cream they serve whipped cream instead. They also have strawberry preserves. 

704B4DE9-A94D-44EF-9026-A0B084D5DA3E.thumb.jpeg.52c8665f3c1397cb8effb1f5904199c1.jpeg

F49AF081-0945-4119-A503-83940D22BE5F.thumb.jpeg.17accfb58d2cae7783d37e5b11740e01.jpeg

8C68A7BF-8C1D-452C-AACE-5FE84D40CD6C.thumb.jpeg.6e854aef4639da93dedb7168219a3afc.jpeg

2167BFDF-E956-4B23-BD09-6F930EB70753.jpeg

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Beachlover1989 said:

Jim, do you know if you can do Self Assist, but leave a little later than 6:30?

Yes you can self disembark at any time you choose after they begin disembarkation.  If however you get a luggage tag number the luggage is usually not available until you number is called.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

This resident of a Royal went all out decorating their door. 

FF34E9C0-F1B3-43AF-80F4-EAE1A80E6816.thumb.jpeg.dad84f5761de5133312fce5f467e7b27.jpeg

Jim, have you met these folk? That’s the cabin we have in a few weeks. Wondering if any different from yours?

3 minutes ago, greygypsy said:

Jim, have you met these folk? That’s the cabin we have in a few weeks. Wondering if any different from yours?

It is the same with the exception of the 9 1/2 foot bench.   They have the regular one that fit in the 7 foot space.    6142 is the only RS with the Pink Elephant.

Edited by Jim_Iain

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Weather today expected to be 72-75 F, partially cloudy with chance of showers,  seas 5-10 ft, winds 10 knots And we are heading 078 degrees at 20 knots.  

EAE88FC8-9E5F-4FDE-A0DB-F5D26ACC2CD8.thumb.jpeg.3faffa38eb531f9111062d46712e264c.jpeg

D8B8851E-466A-45CB-859D-7C185E9C9EEA.thumb.jpeg.a60c16e36b824bee0ee33959f65c13db.jpeg

Following along as we too are aboard right now. The weather has been excellent and the seas smooth. This is the best we could have asked for. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

56FDEF3E-BE0D-43FD-B625-76149D70B0DA.jpeg

For the person wondering if they could purchase a beverage package during the cruise, it is advertised above in the upper left corner under "Daily Beverage Promotions."

3 hours ago, Beachlover1989 said:

Jim, do you know if you can do Self Assist, but leave a little later than 6:30?

I'm afraid Jim missed the "Self Assist," as in taking your luggage off yourself.  That is only allowed during the early hours posted for any particular cruise.  

5 hours ago, pd7277 said:

For the person wondering if they could purchase a beverage package during the cruise, it is advertised above in the upper left corner under "Daily Beverage Promotions."

Thanks for remembering! I have been following along. Great review and great pictures!

• Like 1

Love all your blogs and really enjoying this one. We're getting on in Barcelona when you get off! Unfortunately! Wondering about Enrichment Speakers. Do you ever go? Notice you have a mind body speaker on your cruise. Have you been to any talks?

Hi Jim,  Thanks for sharing another of your cruises. I think this may have been asked before, but since you are in a royal suite, can you tell me if Sushi on Five is included in the complimentary speciality dining. Sailing the Taihitian Treasures in RS on the Solstice in September. Cheers, Kym.

1 hour ago, sailco said:

Love all your blogs and really enjoying this one. We're getting on in Barcelona when you get off! Unfortunately! Wondering about Enrichment Speakers. Do you ever go? Notice you have a mind body speaker on your cruise. Have you been to any talks?

I went to one of the lectures and it was rather boring and not well attended.   It may just be my interest level but left after about 10 minutes. 

35 minutes ago, Redking said:

Hi Jim,  Thanks for sharing another of your cruises. I think this may have been asked before, but since you are in a royal suite, can you tell me if Sushi on Five is included in the complimentary speciality dining. Sailing the Taihitian Treasures in RS on the Solstice in September. Cheers, Kym.

On the first day our Butler indicated that Sushi on Five was included in unlimited free dining.  We aren't big Sushi eaters so haven't tried.

Last night we were chatting with the Luminae Manager and he said they were revising La Petite Chef to two menus per cruise to give more variety and hopefully get repeat guests.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Who said Celebrity doesn't listen.   After all the complaining of up selling, there has virtually been none on this cruise.   Our last cruise the specialty restaurant upselling was beyond aggressive so it is nice to be left in peace.   They do have a reservation station setup adjacent to Ocean View Cafe but not overtly stopping everyone that walks by.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pd7277 said:

I'm afraid Jim missed the "Self Assist," as in taking your luggage off yourself.  That is only allowed during the early hours posted for any particular cruise.  

I've never done Self Assist but at the end of last cruise I saw people with luggage in hand walking off at 8:30 and no one bothered them.  

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

On the first day our Butler indicated that Sushi on Five was included in unlimited free dining.  We aren't big Sushi eaters so haven't tried.

Last night we were chatting with the Luminae Manager and he said they were revising La Petite Chef to two menus per cruise to give more variety and hopefully get repeat guests.

Jim

We just returned from a 10 Night itinerary on Reflection, and the “two menus” were in effect at La Petite Chef during our cruise.

One distinct menu was offered for the first 5 nights and then, the “traditional” seafood prominent menu was offered for the second 5 nights.

Randy

42 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've never done Self Assist but at the end of last cruise I saw people with luggage in hand walking off at 8:30 and no one bothered them.  

We've done self-assist and left as late as 9:00am with no issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schmoe38 said:

Jim

We just returned from a 10 Night itinerary on Reflection, and the “two menus” were in effect at La Petite Chef during our cruise.

One distinct menu was offered for the first 5 nights and then, the “traditional” seafood prominent menu was offered for the second 5 nights.

Randy

That’s good to hear.  The said they were implementing that starting this cruise.  Maybe because Infinity has had all short cruises. 

Another interesting tid bit, which I find hard to believe.  This will be Infinty’s first time to Europe since being built.   Wonder if anyone can confirm. 

1 hour ago, Schmoe38 said:

Jim

Randy

That’s good to hear.  The said they were implementing that starting this cruise.  Maybe because Infinity has had all short cruises. 

Another interesting tid bit, which I find hard to believe.  This will be Infinty’s first time to Europe since being built.   Wonder if anyone can confirm. 

32 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I looked at photos of the Infinity on the a marine traffic site and they are pictures taken in various European ports in 2014 and 2013. 

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Hi Jim Just checked my cruises and in October 2014 we did the crossing on her from Harwich UK to Fll

We were also on the Vancouver to Japan this past September with you on the Millie and talked to you

I love your blogs We are doing the Summit for the 11th time on January 14th and wereon the Silhouette Mar 24th

Have a wonderful visit to Bonnie Scotland

Edited by Ontario Cruiser
Forgot our names Sherrill & David Smith

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

If the menu is the "dueling tiny chefs" menu from the Edge - it was really good, and much more interesting.  

Still, not a concept that leads to lots of repeats.  I might do the Edge one again, but never the traditional one.

• Haha 1