Jim_Iain Live Blog - Infinity B2B - Carribbean and East Bound TA

Jim_Iain

46 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It really surprised me how little the stateroom attendants make.

Jim,

First off, I am really enjoying this blog.  I came late to your "table" as I only found this yesterday afternoon.  Finished reading up until this morning's post LATE last night.  Great pictures.

As to the above quote:  It appears that the "regular" attendants" are paid $3.59 - 4.09.  When I was on the Reflection in February, I only had one attendant (no helper).  I think this dollar amount has pretty much stayed the same the "automatic gratuity" was initiated a few years back.  I believe he told me he service 18 rooms a day.  If I am not mistaken, the gratuity is in "addition" to the "pittance" they receive as a wage.

The figure that surprised me is the "housekeeping service personnel".  I am not even sure who these people are.

Now, I see on the PTZ (Fort Lauderdale) webcam that y'all are berthed at 19(?).  As long as PTZ is working later on and my BHG (Brain Housing Group) remains intact, I will be viewing your 
sail-away this afternoon.  The port info has y'all departing at 16:00.  Is that what the ship is saying?

If I miss sail-away, Bon Voyage and hope you enjoy fair winds and following seas.

I am enjoying your blog very much and look forward to hearing about Your TA. We have never done one but are doing our first B2B  in October/November .  Do people generally go off the ship on the day in Port or do they stay on ship ??  Also we did a Panama Canal cruise last April and were in a SS and ate and Luminae and we had a waiter named Lazaro ??  Is that the same person that someone said to say hi to with the name Lazar ?? We had him the entire cruise and truly enjoyed our meals and his humor !  If it is would you mind telling him David & Stefanie from San Diego said hello  !!  We became elite after that Cruise and I are looking forward to being elite on our B2B!!  I look forward to reading the rest of your review .

Just a quick note to also say how much our household is enjoying your updates (the whole family is reading along!).  THANK YOU for all of the info, as a first timer to Celebrity we are finding this extremely informative and appreciate all the time and effort that goes into posting while on vacay! 

Love the pics and info (the newsletters are excellent, really help with my over-planning habit) and the gratuity sheet was very informative!  

Enjoy your time, we will be here following along :) 

2 hours ago, DocJohnB said:

Jim,

First off, I am really enjoying this blog.  I came late to your "table" as I only found this yesterday afternoon.  Finished reading up until this morning's post LATE last night.  Great pictures.

As to the above quote:  It appears that the "regular" attendants" are paid $3.59 - 4.09.  When I was on the Reflection in February, I only had one attendant (no helper).  I think this dollar amount has pretty much stayed the same the "automatic gratuity" was initiated a few years back.  I believe he told me he service 18 rooms a day.  If I am not mistaken, the gratuity is in "addition" to the "pittance" they receive as a wage.

The figure that surprised me is the "housekeeping service personnel".  I am not even sure who these people are.

Now, I see on the PTZ (Fort Lauderdale) webcam that y'all are berthed at 19(?).  As long as PTZ is working later on and my BHG (Brain Housing Group) remains intact, I will be viewing your 
sail-away this afternoon.  The port info has y'all departing at 16:00.  Is that what the ship is saying?

If I miss sail-away, Bon Voyage and hope you enjoy fair winds and following seas.

Yes we are at terminal 19 today.   Absolutely perfect day at about 76 and virtually no humidity.  

Hope the port port webcam is working.  It is always fun to watch.  We are suppose to depart at 4:00

Final numbers were called around 9:45 and the b2b’s went ashore for about 10 minutes and were then brought back aboard.   For some reason Wanda, Iain and my cards would not work at security (all the new Zenith’s) so they had to reprogram our cards.  

We hung out in Michaels Club for about an hour and then to Luminae for lunch. 

Edited by Jim_Iain

Our Muster Station is D1/D2 which is Rendezvous Lounge.   If this is your Muster arrive early.   It is the second largest after theater an they say their could be up to 900 passengers.  I would estimate that there were only about 700.     Really packed room and the temperatures raise rapidly. 

5F4E1F94-34C0-4626-AFA3-6C3082038B5C.thumb.jpeg.d4f85db16e2186b5fa4bc12125819d9a.jpeg

15 minutes ago, hcat said:

Webcam is working...Ships including X are visible waiting to head out!

7 minutes ago, micheleata said:

I am also watching the webcam!

Love the pictures,  and can't wait to read about the next 14 days!

We will wave on sail away. 

👋 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Jim,

It would be great to know, now that they have put out new loungers, if they are going to put out any cocktail tables as well, or if they are totally gone.

Enjoy the TA

Ira

Hi Ira   

I'll have to ask.   I don't recall seeing any around on the pool deck.   I will ask the Hotel Director when we see him next. 

29 minutes ago, DocJohnB said:

Looks like Majesty of the Seas won today's coin toss.

Where will you be waving from?

We are a bit late departing due to delays in loading provisions.    The just started dropping lines so we should be away shortly.    We will be on deck 11 Port about mid ship

I was able to see folks waving on deck 11.  The only problem - seems like most folks were waving.  If one of you were wearing green shorts, or a green shirt (on a different guy), then for sure, I saw you.  Otherwise it would only be a swag.  Have a great cruise.  I look forward to your posts.

Edited by DocJohnB