Jim_Iain Live Blog - Infinity B2B - Carribbean and East Bound TA

Jim_Iain

5 hours ago, SpartanGirlCruiser said:

The “Pasetis de Nata” in Confeitaria de Belem are a must!  My husband is Portuguese and he knows they are the best.  Fortunately for me he gets himself and me in quite easily he must know the backdoor!!  We try and try again to make our own but as you know nothing beats the real thing.  Enjoying your adventure!

I would definitely get more in the future.    I'm sure you know but our guide told us the secret is to sprinkle  cinnamon on them.   Yum.... I'm salivating as I type.

• Like 1

https://www.facebook.com/100005493600369/videos/989120444614400/

Leaving Lisbon yesterday about an hour late.   Just before departure we were informed there was an emergency medical aboard and we were waiting for an ambulance.    We were suppose to be on time into Cadiz but were delayed at least 1/2 hour due to high winds last night.    Having said that, it was as calm as a lake last night and I slept like a brick. 

5B9BDE0E-D434-4B6B-9263-2F06B8C852D2.thumb.jpeg.f301d3c3286933d41a2e452255d79d24.jpeg

CED2B5BC-C01B-44AF-BFB8-46A515151636.thumb.jpeg.cfe09fe148266c7bfe6514c913a7e857.jpeg

48FAC1A3-1D2C-497F-93FD-2CF4CEEDA854.thumb.jpeg.cbaaadd560984a92970b0fe6346262f6.jpeg

442BDDCB-093F-4B2B-925C-E51BEFD173AF.thumb.jpeg.08c1617ea46bac78dd6bd2417aa5dd59.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

Cadiz - 5/3/19

Arrived about 1/2 hour late at 10:30 and it took about 45 minutes for the ship to be cleared.   The Captain has extended our stay in Cadiz an extra 1/2 hour so we will not depart until 8:30 PM tonight.   It was nice to sleep in after loosing another (final) hour last night. 

We chose to stay aboard until after lunch.    We have been to Cadiz a couple times before so chose to just grab a hop-on Hop-off bus.   Cost of the bus was approximately $21.00.   It was an enjoyable trip around the city but Cadiz is a rather small town and the full circuit could be done in about 1 1/2 hours.  

Couple shots around the ship.  Can’t believe how time is flying by. 

Spanish flag was flying today. 

49C3D3F2-0DF4-4BE6-9BDE-D3AA6DBCBDB3.thumb.jpeg.7de226f1985fad6f55497233b6425442.jpeg

The ship hip was virtually empty today. 

7D2B5EF8-392C-4ED3-A7B7-7AB408C25FAF.thumb.jpeg.4a23075fcbef2ea37cae222beb9d52a8.jpeg

A45B6E37-A07B-4FB9-9C74-5E460178E798.thumb.jpeg.cc6f51818811009e7e3df322acd8dbf7.jpeg

Outside Sushi on Five

42A7EAF4-E99A-42E1-9F59-53EDE5DDE113.thumb.jpeg.c65ecd6e9ca7dc2780566ebc384eaa22.jpeg

Aqua Spa

C425E6EC-F3B2-4922-A488-031C8001E49C.thumb.jpeg.f9b6fa7e65fb21b00dad4466f8472714.jpeg

• Like 2

Great photos!   These places look absolutely beautiful!  As does the ship.

I also love how the two of you are color coordinated most days!

I hope you post your adventures after the cruise too.  I would enjoy the land portion review.

1 hour ago, micheleata said:

Great photos!   These places look absolutely beautiful!  As does the ship.

I also love how the two of you are color coordinated most days!

I hope you post your adventures after the cruise too.  I would enjoy the land portion review.

LOL.   Believe me we don’t coordinate intentionally.   

May indeed post from Scotland.   Just got an invite for a dinner party at St Andrew University to celebrate Iain’s nephew’s 40th Birthday.   

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

They removed the library on the Summit and Millie and added 4 inside cabins2 on deck 7 & 2 on deck 8 so I presume the library will be removed on Infinity as well.

Ontario Cruiser

That is one of the reasons I thought I would take a picture before it’s gone.  On Infinity the upstairs is the Internet Cafe.   The Library is used for Concierge Class where they have a Concierge and morning coffee and pastries.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

They removed the library on the Summit and Millie and added 4 inside cabins2 on deck 7 & 2 on deck 8 so I presume the library will be removed on Infinity as well.

Ontario Cruiser

That is one of the reasons I thought I would take a picture before it’s gone.  On Infinity the upstairs is the Internet Cafe.   The Library is used for Concierge Class where they have a Concierge and morning coffee and pastries.  

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

So sad to see the libraries removed...one of our fav spaces

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

Nice review 

we on the ship for the Holy Land And TA back to Miami, this fall 

looking forward to sending time on the Infinty 

I believe you will enjoy Infinity.   While she isn't new she is in pretty good condition.    The crew is constantly cleaning and painting and I keep noticing new carpeting in many of the hallways.  

I don't know the accuracy but a couple we met that have been on B2B2B say they upgraded the bedding in most of the suites.    Regardless I find the beds very comfortable neither too hard or too soft. 

9 hours ago, maggieq said:

Loving your review

when is your next scheduled cruise?

Unless we book something more we are finally going to try Edge for a B2B starting with October 21 Amalfi Coast and Greek Isles followed with Nov 1 Mediterranean Transatlantic.  We planned these cruises the first day they were released and hoped by then they would have all the kinks worked out.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

Thanks for posting this, I've just booked my first cruise and this is very informative and making me really excited for my trip 🙂

Congratulations on your first cruise.   Only one warning is beware -- It is very addictive.   Feel free to ask plenty of questions either here or on the Celebrity Forum.    There are many great members who will always go to what ever it takes to get you an answer.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, hcat said:

So sad to see the libraries removed...one of our fav spaces

I've been watching them with curiosity during the cruise and find that they have been used extensively on this cruise.   One thing I noticed on one of the dailies was they had a book exchange on one day during the crossing where guests were invited to bring a book and exchange with others.  

• Like 1