Jim_Iain Live Blog - Infinity B2B - Carribbean and East Bound TA

Jim_Iain

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Unless we book something more we are finally going to try Edge for a B2B starting with October 21 Amalfi Coast and Greek Isles followed with Nov 1 Mediterranean Transatlantic.  We planned these cruises the first day they were released and hoped by then they would have all the kinks worked out.  

That will be an awesome itin..I like the way you add a cruise before a transatlantic...makes sense.  Food for thought! 

We'll be back on EDGE  in Nov after she returns to Florida..9 day ABC...maybe you could add that one as well???

Saturday May 4

We had a late breakfast in our cabin this morning and the went ashore at 11:00.   It is about a mile from our berth to downtown.    We chose to pay the 5 Euros for the shuttle into town. 

Not sure if we are unique but after years of crushing many ports meld we not one another.  That was the case today and we thought we had been here before.  As soon as we got to town we agreed that we had never been here before. 

The weather is again cooperating and the marine layer burned off by noon and the temperatures warmed to the mid-70s. 

We we had a fun day just wandering around and exploring Malaga    Absolutely beautiful port.   Being Saturday the town was bustling and full of energy. 

F0AB763C-CF20-4C8F-8620-6712B02284BE.thumb.jpeg.a3c81b2c6d1992c1f60e5e33cd36231c.jpeg

2EFDE02B-9BC8-4C3D-9C1B-B6BA7C7CCDD6.thumb.jpeg.d75ad2d22545d2f79d36e059e09f9737.jpeg

D9FEAE9D-2E73-4D60-B1A8-07B2FC0D4BB1.thumb.jpeg.5e150e5844cafc6adbcb98041b7127c0.jpeg

• Like 3

I have "heard" your name in many posts and how wonderful it is to follow along with you on your adventures! So, I'm reading this now, after the fact of your cruise. I'm excited to hear about it as I continue (I'm only on page 3 now). We have never done a b2b nor transatlantic/pacific (yet?). Not sure if so many sea days gets boring -- or really fun -- ?? Want to read all about it before deciding if it is for us. 1 more year to retirement and then we will be Free to try it out. Thank you for posting!  🙂

8 hours ago, barneyboy said:

Thanks for all your photos Jim. Making me even more excited about boarding on Monday !

We will be heading to your neck of the world on Monday after the cruise ends.   I've been checking the weather for Troon and it is looking COLD.  

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

I so wish our TA on the way back stopped in Cadiz. Sevilla is one of my most favorite cities in the world and would love my husband to experience it. Guess we will just have to go back to Spain again! 

Seville is such a beautiful city.   We missed it on this trip but hope to visit soon.  Are there specific sites that you can recommend?

4 minutes ago, wishuponasea said:

I have "heard" your name in many posts and how wonderful it is to follow along with you on your adventures! So, I'm reading this now, after the fact of your cruise. I'm excited to hear about it as I continue (I'm only on page 3 now). We have never done a b2b nor transatlantic/pacific (yet?). Not sure if so many sea days gets boring -- or really fun -- ?? Want to read all about it before deciding if it is for us. 1 more year to retirement and then we will be Free to try it out. Thank you for posting!  🙂

B2B's are wonderful.   Until we retired it was only something we could dream of.    I was a little concerned about a TA on the first one but I can honestly say I have never gotten bored.  The beauty is you can totally relax and do as much or as little as you please.

The one thing you will find loads of repeat cruisers as there is a huge following.    Congratulations on your upcoming retirement.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Seville is such a beautiful city.   We missed it on this trip but hope to visit soon.  Are there specific sites that you can recommend?

There are so many....Alcázar, La Giralda, Plaza de España, take a boat ride down the Guadalquivir, take in a flamenco show, enjoy the many tapas restaurants......so much! I studied there when I was in college and finally went back 2 years ago with my son. My husband and daughter have never been there and I would love to take them there. Just a fabulous city!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We will be heading to your neck of the world on Monday after the cruise ends.   I've been checking the weather for Troon and it is looking COLD.  

Yes it has been really cold the last few days and we had some frost and ice this morning. Looking forward to some sunshine in Barcelona tomorrow. We had such lovely weather for the Easter weekend. 

Your dinner in St Andrews sounds good. It is one of our favourite places. 

22 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

Thanks for posting this, I've just booked my first cruise and this is very informative and making me really excited for my trip 🙂

Only the best wishes  for your trip. And welcome to the family!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Congratulations on your first cruise.   Only one warning is beware -- It is very addictive.   Feel free to ask plenty of questions either here or on the Celebrity Forum.    There are many great members who will always go to what ever it takes to get you an answer.

haha thanks, yeah I've already been looking at options for the next cruise because they look so good ;)

• Like 1

Jim  --  Thanks for the wonderful Malaga Memories...

Actually, your pic's are even better than our memories - as we visited on Sunday & many locations were closed for the day...

Have a Fabulous time w/ Iain's family!

The flowers at the market in Malaga look great.  We will stop there early on our Fall TA.  If we buy flowers are we allowed to bring them back onboard?   It would be nice to have them on our sea days.

I am really enjoying your posts and photos....thx so much!

13 hours ago, barneyboy said:

Yes it has been really cold the last few days and we had some frost and ice this morning. Looking forward to some sunshine in Barcelona tomorrow. We had such lovely weather for the Easter weekend. 

Your dinner in St Andrews sounds good. It is one of our favourite places. 

I'm hoping for some nice weather for our arrival tomorrow to Barcelona -  Currently they are suggesting the weather to be sunny and 21C.  

We are just arriving in Alicante and there isn't a cloud in the sky and expected to be 21.  

8 hours ago, Von & John said:

Jim  --  Thanks for the wonderful Malaga Memories...

Actually, your pic's are even better than our memories - as we visited on Sunday & many locations were closed for the day...

Have a Fabulous time w/ Iain's family!

How disappointing that places were closed on Sunday.   I guess we will find out today in Alicante how much is closed.

1 hour ago, Carnevale said:

The flowers at the market in Malaga look great.  We will stop there early on our Fall TA.  If we buy flowers are we allowed to bring them back onboard?   It would be nice to have them on our sea days.

I am really enjoying your posts and photos....thx so much!

I believe you will be able to bring flowers aboard with you.   I have seen them before.   Would be a good idea to check with the ship.   I saw a lady yesterday with a big bag of grapes and was not permitted to bring them back with her.

I heard that two days ago a notice was left on most cabins telling that the Specialty Restaurants would be giving a 50% discount for the remainder of the cruise.   Must mean sales are down.   The good thing is there has been very little up selling on board.    Also didn't receive the normal barrage of advertisements from Park West.   Celebrity may be listening.

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

How disappointing that places were closed on Sunday.   I guess we will find out today in Alicante how much is closed.

Jim  --  I should have written "a" Sunday...

Trip was February 2015  --  much may have changed in the past 4 years...

Enjoy Alicante - we have not made it there yet...

Last night was the final Chic night.   Wanda joined us for a festive meal.   Iain an Wanda had the lobster and I had the Rack of Lamb.   For one I remembered to take a picture before I took a bite. 

Unfortunately I was too late to get a picture of the Lobster.   The lobster was 2 nice size tails.  4591CA3E-9378-4137-9F9A-FCD9B4407FED.thumb.jpeg.2ece6563f7ec380691a70a98d140caa7.jpeg

• Like 1