Today 2020-2021 Winter Itineraries released

WesW

The 2020-2021 winter itineraries were released today for Venetian Society members to book from April 24-May 6.The itineraries (54) are available to general public for booking beginning on May 7th.   If we were not doing the Moon TA, might have considered the Muse in Nov 2020 going to The Kimberly but for only one day.  As Stumblefoot said, hopefully the Silver Dawn will be used for The Kimberly.  Highlights:

From a 69-day circle South America, a 50-day Australia to enjoying cherry blossom in Japan, we give you more choice and more ports than ever before. Looking set to be some of our most memorable voyages ever, not only are we taking you to the authentic beauty of the world, we are taking you there in authentic luxury! Get ready for the happy juxtaposition of neon jungles in Tokyo, meandering though tiny islands in the South Pacific, peaceful paradises in Yangon and forbidden cities in Beijing. But that’s not all! Ten Cuba voyages will have you taking advantage of Silversea’s superb people to people programme. Not forgetting the fabled shores of the Mediterranean and the infection pulse of the Caribbean and you have a wealth of dream destinations to choose from! If travel more is on your wish list, then you have come to the right place. Let’s get ready to travel! 

winter-itineraries-2020-2021-DM.pdf

Edited by WesW
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Unibok said:

As predicted by many, the Wind will be an Antarctic expedition ship.

A sad end to 24 years of cruising on the two original classic small ships that were the start of Silversea in 1994/5.A predictable outcome of the RC takeover and the move to mass market cruising.We look to enjoy our last 61 days on our favourite Wind this year.So many happy memories of SS staff who have been special and many fellow cruisers who have become lifelong friends!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Im not sure I like the sound of an infection pulse but I'll try anything one. Could it perhaps be a kidney bean infection?

Sounds more like malaria to me... or maybe Dengue?

• Like 1

I am really surprised that there are so few comments on the itineraries themselves.

In the Caribbean, SS seems to be placing big bets on continued access to Cuba.  If DJT changes policy for US Citizens (as promised by John Bolton) some major itinerary revisions will be necessary.  Perhaps they have fallback plans in the draw already.

Surprised that they are doing South America circle trip (Jan-March 2021) a year after a nearly identical trip in 2020.  And on a larger ship.

Comments?

22 minutes ago, Observer said:

In the Caribbean, SS seems to be placing big bets on continued access to Cuba.  If DJT changes policy for US Citizens (as promised by John Bolton) some major itinerary revisions will be necessary.  Perhaps they have fallback plans in the draw already.

Observer, I noticed the same about Cuba. As a US citizen, I am desperately hoping that our current political situation changes, reverting to pre-OrangeMan attitudes about travel -- especially in Cuba. Before I sign on for a voyage that fits my schedule (and one of them does, with an overnight in La Habana!), I am cautiously, optimistically, waiting to see how our politics sort themselves out. Like you, I suspect SS must have backup plans just in case.

1 hour ago, Observer said:

Surprised that they are doing South America circle trip (Jan-March 2021) a year after a nearly identical trip in 2020.  And on a larger ship.

It’s typical for a new ship.  SS did the Grand Voyage with the Muse in the fall of 2017.  It’s also important SS introduces the new ship to all the critical South American agencies, so there will be lots and lots of travel agents touring the ship during this time period.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

It’s typical for a new ship.  SS did the Grand Voyage with the Muse in the fall of 2017.  It’s also important SS introduces the new ship to all the critical South American agencies, so there will be lots and lots of travel agents touring the ship during this time period.

Ah, that makes sense now! Thanks, Stumbles.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Observer said:

I am really surprised that there are so few comments on the itineraries themselves.  Comments?

Something that jumps out to me is just how expensive the Muse's 2021 per diem is during Japan's cherry blossom season.  Before any discounts, verandas are running 44% higher than the Moon's Panama Canal voyage and a whopping 76% higher during the Rio to Ft. Lauderdale voyage.  Considering the Moon will be brand new, that's some incredible eye popping pricing power for the Muse in Japan, especially when one considers the 2nd voyage is really much too late to see many cherry blossoms on any scale.

Yes, Brian.  As u know we also cruise 50/50 Regent and Silversea.  So for

2021 we have a choice of a Silver Muse Tokyo to Vancouver 18 day for about $492 per diem included reduced BC air or a Regent  19 day Tokyo to Vancouver at about $752 per diem.  Tho, Regent includes excursions and BC air in their price, Silversea's fare is more reasonable.  Plan is to book this Muse voyage on board the Cloud in June and cancel our Regent booked cruise.

• Like 1

We've just booked the Moon TA for march 2021.... With all the stacking discounts from SS and agent and removing the flight allowance, it's come out at £150 per night ($195) in a GTY Vista so crazily cheap. Panorama already weight listed to fairly sure of a balcony. For a TA I'm really not that fussed though. We are currently on the Wind in 738 and more than happy..... No balcony missed at all! 

2 hours ago, les37b said:

We've just booked the Moon TA for march 2021.... With all the stacking discounts from SS and agent and removing the flight allowance, it's come out at £150 per night ($195) in a GTY Vista so crazily cheap.

According to the deck plans there are only a handful of Vistas on the Moon. We, too, are looking at this crossing with the intention of booking on board next week. How come a GTY, why no suite choice?

I also see that several of the Vistas are disabled-friendly. Presumably these are available only to wheelchair users? 

2 hours ago, les37b said:

We've just booked the Moon TA for march 2021... at £150 per night ($195) in a GTY Vista so crazily cheap. Panorama already weight listed to fairly sure of a balcony. For a TA I'm really not that fussed though.

Crazy cheap indeed!  Why go with a guarantee Vista as opposed to selecting one of the six suites though?

Panoramas on all voyages just released are waitlisted as they are all attached to the Owner’s Suites or Silver Suites, so SS would prefer to sell these units as 2-bedrooms if possible.  Once those large units are booked as 1-bedrooms, they’ll release the Panoramas into available inventory.

I was hoping that all ships would have itineraries through May 2021, but just a few....we were hoping to take a closer look at the Accra to Lisbon on the Cloud which usually is in March or April...but nothing on the Cloud or any of the expedition ships and Spirit only to March 2021...we have tentatively booked teh April 5th 2021 Tokyo to Tokyo...hits everywhere ,north , south and central.  Excellent itinerary, but yes, very expensive.  

1 hour ago, Tarwood3 said:

...we have tentatively booked teh April 5th 2021 Tokyo to Tokyo...hits everywhere ,north , south and central.  Excellent itinerary, but yes, very expensive.  

Agree.  The itinerary is fantastic.  Just wish your voyage's pricing was a bit more typical.

I think you are correct Stumblefoot. I did just go and ask. We were originally told that we couldn’t book a GTY because there still was availability..... so we decided to ask for the panorama and told there were booked and we could never get so GTY not available. Or logic was sound given what we were told but different rules applied. Oh well, it was a good idea.

The onboard consultant is trying to make sure we do get GTY vice confirmed. The disabled rooms with connecting rooms are not really what we want but certain they will get booked on each cruise.... so free upgrade. (sound logic... but who knows!)

We are currently booked with confirmed... but I’d prefer the gamble. A few extra feet won’t make any difference for location.

We decided to release the Sydney cruise on 3 Jan 2020. We even got offered an extra 5% too.... but too many cruises too close together... but the biggie is the thought of that flight without having a chance of an additional week.

I`m still waiting for those £10 ones to come back! Lol

TTS.... I think given these will sell, I might be tempted to book, cancel and rebook to make sure you don’t miss out.

Stumblefoot, you were right they didn’t budge re discount, but have been invited to meet in the summer which I look forward to.

Edited by les37b
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fortunate2 said:

We looked at the January 2021 Ft. Lauderdale to Lima, Silver Moon 16 day trip and thought it was very well priced.  Looks like a new itinerary and a good way to head south during winter; if even for a couple of weeks.

Agree.  The price is good.  If your primary purpose of the trip is for winter warmth as long as possible, you may want to consider the Moon voyage from Rio to Ft. Lauderdale (Feb 24 - Mar 17).  The length is nearly one-third longer and the per diem price is roughly -19% less than your voyage.  So, for just $540 more, you get 5 more days of sailing!

1 minute ago, Stumblefoot said:

Agree.  The price is good.  If your primary purpose of the trip is for winter warmth as long as possible, you may want to consider the Moon voyage from Rio to Ft. Lauderdale (Feb 24 - Mar 17).  The length is nearly one-third longer and the per diem price is roughly -19% less than your voyage.  So, for just $540 more, you get 5 more days of sailing!

Unfortunately, we're limited to January for two more years, then goodbye responsibilities/hello world!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, les37b said:

TTS.... I think given these will sell, I might be tempted to book, cancel and rebook to make sure you don’t miss out.

We will go see the CC next Wednesday. If there's still vista availability, fine. If not we'll take a verandah which still works out under £200 a day. 

Thanks for the tip, though. 

14 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

We will go see the CC next Wednesday. If there's still vista availability, fine. If not we'll take a verandah which still works out under £200 a day. 

Thanks for the tip, though. 

I've warned her to expect you.... And mentioned we are the current keepers of your suite.

Cara has been pretty good and sure you'll get sorted. She has said TA bookings are notoriously slow to fill but thinks it's probable it won't make 1 May without an increase. I'm not taking any chances but do think think that's unlikely.

At tower bridge congregate on deck 9 on the port corner..... And there should be some nice photos available afterwards.... You will be joined by a few other "photo expectant" couples ..... 

I did day we'd try not to drink all the booze and actually haven't drunk much at all.... But there was no merlot left on the ship.... Which is a bit of a shock. I will try to post a few of the freebie better reds they keep quiet about!

• Thanks 1