Laundromat hours

librarian

We will be aboard Crown Princess  this summer. Prior to boarding we will spend 4 days in London. Does anyone  know what hours the laundry opens. Will be traveling with messy children  and will wash a lot. Thanks

5 hours ago, Daniel A said:

If you are talking about 'do it yourself' laundry, the laundry rooms are open 24/7.   They do get busy on sea days.

No they're not. They close around 10PM? and the door is locked and then unlocked in the Morning. YMMV.

2 hours ago, DDG 41 said:

No they're not. They close around 10PM? and the door is locked and then unlocked in the Morning. YMMV.

My bad.  I just noticed that whenever I passed our laundry room it was always open.  I was usually in my cabin  by 10 PM.  Thanks for the correction.

3 hours ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

We were on the Grand to Hawaii April 6th.  

Guest laundries were unlocked 8am to 10pm.  I am an early riser and usually have my laundry DONE before 8am, so it wasn't convenient for me.  I do understand concern about noise and hall traffic impacting nearby staterooms.  

must be a ship by ship, even day by day, a I know my wife has done a few things in the laundry and been back by 8 to go down for breakfast then

3 hours ago, mar2352 said:

I have a question about the laundry. Is it noisy for the cabins outside the laundry area.  How many cabins down should you be from the laundry area

I asked that very question to a lady who was coming out of her cabin next to the laundry room. She said she couldn't hear a thing.

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

must be a ship by ship, even day by day.

1 hour ago, roxievegas said:

some places they have to close the laundry for days.  Tahiti, Bora Bora, not allowed for the self laundry.

Our experiences exactly.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DDG 41 said:

I agree and thank goodness.  Once had a cabin right outside laundry room and people congregate there while their wash is getting done as the laundry room is very very warm to be in.  The loud talking woke me up at 8 AM

18 hours ago, librarian said:

We will be aboard Crown Princess  this summer. Prior to boarding we will spend 4 days in London. Does anyone  know what hours the laundry opens. Will be traveling with messy children  and will wash a lot. Thanks

There is no one size fits all answer.

It varies bu ship, and by location.

For instance on Emerald, the laundry forward on deck 5 was open 24 hours;

while the laundry on deck 10(?) aft closed at 10pm.

Princess is consistently inconsistent.

1 hour ago, Knickearth said:

I agree and thank goodness.  Once had a cabin right outside laundry room and people congregate there while their wash is getting done as the laundry room is very very warm to be in.  The loud talking woke me up at 8 AM

I was just on the Coral Princess and the self serve laundry on Deck 9 was the coolest spot on the ship. I considered sneaking in to hang out for 10 minutes or so.

6 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I asked that very question to a lady who was coming out of her cabin next to the laundry room. She said she couldn't hear a thing.

Thx for the message....we are a few cabins away from the laundry and now are not at all concerned. 

• Like 1

we'll board the golden in alaska after 7 days tour so first activity on board will be laundry  Does anybody know if they are open on the departure day from Whittier ? last time in buenos aires they were closed 

thanks for the assistance

On 4/27/2019 at 7:54 AM, mar2352 said:

I have a question about the laundry. Is it noisy for the cabins outside the laundry area.  How many cabins down should you be from the laundry area

We were on the Crown in Oct. across the hall from the laundry. It was never noisy, & was convenient to have it so near.

18 hours ago, 1965 said:

We were on the Crown in Oct. across the hall from the laundry. It was never noisy, & was convenient to have it so near.

We've also had a stateroom close to the guest laundry - very convenient, but we did find the stateroom too warm and suspected it was because of the dryers.    

On 4/27/2019 at 11:50 PM, salabc said:

we'll board the golden in alaska after 7 days tour so first activity on board will be laundry  Does anybody know if they are open on the departure day from Whittier ? last time in buenos aires they were closed 

I would not count on the guest laundry being open. I'd reserve a room at June's Whittier Condo Suites in the Begich Tower, which gives you access to a laundry room/laundromat.

On 4/27/2019 at 8:54 AM, mar2352 said:

We have literally been directly across the hall from the laundry room and never heard a thing.  There are two doors to get in, so that probably muffles the noise.

6 hours ago, scottca075 said:

I would not count on the guest laundry being open. I'd reserve a room at June's Whittier Condo Suites in the Begich Tower, which gives you access to a laundry room/laundromat.

thanks v for the advice but afraid  we might have no time to do it ashore

On 4/28/2019 at 1:50 AM, salabc said:

We were on the Coral in Alaska twice, after a 7 day land tour and the laundry room was the first place I headed. (Boarded in Whittier.) It was amazingly busy but got my two loads done in time before muster. Relieved!