More Yacht Club questions

tigger54

Are there a lot of shaded loungers on decks in yacht club. I am reading about the cabanas. What is different between the loungers and renting a cabana?

I am not much of a drinker but will be trying some new drinks. Someone had a picture of a drink with chips of chocolate in it. Does anyone know the name of that drink? Looks like something I would like to try. Also what drinks can anyone recommend? I don’t care for really sweet or sugary drinks. I have tried a lemon and a strawberry martini and enjoyed them both. I do like fruity and chocolate if this will help. Don’t like anything minty. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

How many cabins will one Butler have to take care of? Will I have to pay for laundry or if I need something ironed? 

We will be on the Seaside August 2020.

Thanks for your help and I know I will have more questions in the future.

Diane and Bob

Butler: One butler and butler assistant have between 8 and 11 staterooms.

Laundry: Dry Cleaning, Washing & Ironing are for a fee. You can pre-purchase laundry packages and save. Log into your reservation and check prices.

There is some shade to be found depending on the time of day. 

I would not bother with a cabana as they are basically patricians with a few loungers in them.  They do come with some snacks (finger food, sushi) if I recall correctly but they are literally steps away from the poolside grill.

There are tons of drinks to choose from with different menus at all of the bars.  In the Yacht Club just tell the bartender or butler your preferences and I am sure they will make something you will enjoy.  

The laundry services in excellent but you are charged for it.  ~$1 an item with a better prices if you book prior to sailing.

Edited by Bet_The_Field

51 minutes ago, phissy said:

Drinks look delicious.  Noticed the menu behind the drinks.  The prices seem to indicate that these drinks are additional charge , even in the YC.

No, they are included in the YC drink package. We enjoyed them everyday along with the chocolate crepes.

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I don't understand your post.  What is so special about Venchi Cocktails?  And, what is shown in your posted photo?

The OP asked about “a drink with chips of chocolate in it”. I think the chocolate martini at the Venchi Chocolate Bar is the drink she was referring to. There has also been a lot of discussion on this board whether or not they are included in the Yacht Club drink package and they were on our cruise on the Seaside three weeks ago.

10 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I don't understand your post.  What is so special about Venchi Cocktails?  And, what is shown in your posted photo?

You have to see it, or in this case, try it to believe it.

10 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

That picture looks like it was taken in Venchi on Seaside and YC keycard just happens to be on the table.

14 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

No, they are included in the YC drink package. We enjoyed them everyday along with the chocolate crepes.

They're not included for YC guests on Seaview according to the latest reports from that ship.

1 minute ago, gmbhardy said:

Very odd that the policy isn’t fleet wide.

Nope ... just typical MSC.  The ridiculous thing about this situation is that the Venchi venue is only on Seaside-class ships, so what is included in one, really should be included in another.  We're in YC on Seaview in Aug and I was looking forward to trying one of these, now-famous, chocolate martinis.  We'll have the PremiumPlus package so I may try and make a case for saying that it clearly states "All drinks in All bars" in the package.  Otherwise, I'll bite the bullet and pay for one.

When we were on Seaside in March they Venchi staff mentioned you could also get Choc. Martini #2 with Baileys instead of Vodka but we stuck to the Vodka ones.  At least on the electronic board, we didn't see a Choc. Martini #1 so not sure if it exists.

22 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

What's this Yacht Club drink package?  I thought all beverages in Yacht Club were included as well as beverages elsewhere on the ship regardless of which Lounge I patronized.

I made a Yacht Club booking this afternoon on Meraviglia and need to learn all that I can before I sail.  Even booking this MSC cruise was a bit different than any others that I have booked.

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

What's this Yacht Club drink package?  I thought all beverages in Yacht Club were included as well as beverages elsewhere on the ship regardless of which Lounge I patronized.

I made a Yacht Club booking this afternoon on Meraviglia and need to learn all that I can before I sail.  Even booking this MSC cruise was a bit different than any others that I have booked.

There are numerous threads on this topic and I’m not really sure if there is an official YC drink package as such. The YC concierge on the Seaside told me that we can have any drink on the ship under $12.00.

5 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

There are numerous threads on this topic and I’m not really sure if there is an official YC drink package as such. The YC concierge on the Seaside told me that we can have any drink on the ship under $12.00.

It depends on the region you book in whether MSC agrees that there IS a definitive drinks package included - or not.  Here's a link to the discussion:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2652145-what-drinks-package-is-included-in-yc/

On ships where the currency is US$, you are covered for drinks under $12 (as you've stated);  for Euros sailings it's under €10.  This is the equivalent of having the Premium package.

As has been discussed, it appears that Venchi cocktails are included on Seaside for YC guests, but not on Seaview!  MSC often adopts different policies for US-based sailings than for European ones.

16 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

All drinks are included within, and outwith, the YC enclave except those listed in the Connoisseur range of drinks. If you work on that basis you will not be disappointed, but may find that some of the drinks at the lower end of the Connoisseur range pricing are included. That was our experience in the Preziosa YC February past.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hamrag said:

All drinks are included within, and outwith, the YC enclave except those listed in the Connoisseur range of drinks. If you work on that basis you will not be disappointed, but may find that some of the drinks at the lower end of the Connoisseur range pricing are included. That was our experience in the Preziosa YC February past.

Thank you for your post.  I need to access the Connoisseur list of beverages.  I saw that list once, but saw little that was of interest.  I'm a simple "drinker".  A good Bloody Mary with whatever Vodka, a Canadian Club or Crown Royal/7-Up, a quality New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc (with a preference for Villa Maria):  if such are available in the Yacht Club, I'll be a happy guest.

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Thank you for your post.  I need to access the Connoisseur list of beverages.  I saw that list once, but saw little that was of interest.  I'm a simple "drinker".  A good Bloody Mary with whatever Vodka, a Canadian Club or Crown Royal/7-Up, a quality New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc (with a preference for Villa Maria):  if such are available in the Yacht Club, I'll be a happy guest.

They have Matua throughout the ship and the YC.

8 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

... I need to access the Connoisseur list of beverages...

Here's a photo of both the Connoisseurs'  and the Premium Selections (the latter is included for YC guests):

image.thumb.png.a070d6183fedfd2be9fe60fcfa71670f.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

You will have all of that, and muuuuuch more!

Hi

may be a silly question , but on YC is champange included on the drinks package

we are going on MSC Bellisima in  November this year , but am really confused in relation to what’s included .

On Celebrity I know what price I can go to on their premium package but on MSC   We don’t know what’s included in the YC and out with the YC."

I

12 minutes ago, amoscotti said:

Hi

may be a silly question , but on YC is champange included on the drinks package

we are going on MSC Bellisima in  November this year , but am really confused in relation to what’s included .

On Celebrity I know what price I can go to on their premium package but on MSC   We don’t know what’s included in the YC and out with the YC."

I

Yes, but only one is included....nicolas feuillatte brut réserve. The YC package is as described in my post #19 on this thread. Also at post#22 Beamafar has very helpfully posted the spirits included in the YC package. There are a few drinks threads across the MSC board, so have a look at those also.

Is it the repositioning to UAE you are sailing in November?