Deck 10 aqua summit 1012

PRH

Very small!  Veranda is tiny.   But convenient.  These are the added cabins where salon used to be.  Can see why downgraded to verandas. 

20190512_111721.jpg

20190512_111358.jpg

20190512_111439.jpg

20190512_111420.jpg

20190512_111457.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Confusion at check in as these cabins have same numbers as deck 11 and our luggage tags said deck 11.  We will see how long getting our luggage takes!  Enclosed hallway so no through traffic. 

1 hour ago, PRH said:

Confusion at check in as these cabins have same numbers as deck 11 and our luggage tags said deck 11.  We will see how long getting our luggage takes!  Enclosed hallway so no through traffic. 

Sorry, do not understand your comment. 1000 through 1024 is certainly different than 1100 through 1136.

22 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Sorry, do not understand your comment. 1000 through 1024 is certainly different than 1100 through 1136.

The coding is the same.  012 on deck 11 for 1112 and 012 for 012 on deck 10.   It's celebrity's system,  not mine.

10 minutes ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

All cabins get the bottles of shower gel & shampoo correct?

The  great CO Bigelow products are AQ Class amenities.  Not sure what is provided in reg cabins.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

That is small.  I would be very disappointed.  Wonder why they had to cram so many cabins in that space.  Eliminating 2 and enlarging the others would have provided a better experience.

Hope OP got a great price on this new cabin..

Looks very small all around except the bathroom...

They could possibly sell them as AQ Class single occupancy.  Or use them for staff or freebie guests??? We would never book it...

Edited by hcat

But people have been sold these as Aqua Class.  A1 not even A2.  Wonder if they are doing anything for folks who are sailings where they were booked as Aqua.  I've posted on our roll call but nobody has spoken up.

Update:   There is bass vibration from Cosmos above and this cabin is under the entrance area.  Ended about 1am.  Hate to think what the folks down the hall had to endure.  We’ve met many of them already.  For some reason, we’ve been together in other parts of the ship and they’ve shared about these tiny rooms and we say yes, there too.

And it takes 15 to 20 minutes of running water to get to warm.  The steward said it is because it has to come from “far away”—huh?  Hate to waste water but this is ridiculous.  I am ready to jump over to the spa showers—luckily just a hop across the hall.  Oh, and the shower door opens in such a way that you have to get under the shower head in order to close the door.  Not well thought out!

Muster yesterday was short and no video.  Showed how to put on life jacket.  That’s it.  

Thank you so much for posting this!!!  We had booked #1024 in 2021 and it was booked and paid for as an A1 and yet, no one  notified us of the change to what appears to be a 2C.  I just went into our reservation and it looks like Celebrity removed the cabin # we had booked and now have us as a AquaClass Guarantee.  😞  Looks like I'll be calling the travel agent today. 

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the pictures and information!!!!

3 hours ago, willieg said:

There is a thread on this topic. Word from Celebrity is they would call in a few days for us who have summer cruises. Some people are on Summit & Millennium.

Would you put the link please? As I understand it, the new Aqua cabins have been reclassified as 2C 😮.

The bathroom lighting in these cabins is very dim.  Only tiny led lights over the sink.  We were able to move yesterday and the differences between 9072 and 1012 are huge!  The lights over the sink in 9072 are large and the bathroom is bright.  And of course the cabin size difference is also big.  

We booked one of these A1 cabins for our upcoming Japan sailing.  Got a letter from Celebrity explaining that we were being moved to a A2 cabin on deck 9 since the new cabins do not meet the standard of Aquaclass. At first we were disappointed, but after reading your post we should be happy they made the change.  They had already changed our itinerary so we're wondering what's coming next.

Thanks for posting and sharing your experience!

Michelle

16 minutes ago, Franken said:

We booked one of these A1 cabins for our upcoming Japan sailing.  Got a letter from Celebrity explaining that we were being moved to a A2 cabin on deck 9 since the new cabins do not meet the standard of Aquaclass. At first we were disappointed, but after reading your post we should be happy they made the change.  They had already changed our itinerary so we're wondering what's coming next.

Thanks for posting and sharing your experience!

Michelle

Did they offer you any compensation for being downgraded to a lower category?  

We're also booked in one of the infamous deck 10 Aqua's (for next year's Millennium cruise from Shanghai to Tokyo - is that the one you're on too? We liked the itinerary change, adding an overnight in Osaka) and our cabin has been updated to Guarantee since last week.

We chose the deck 10 cabin because of its location so I'm disappointed that we'll probably have to settle for a worse location than the one we booked. 

6 hours ago, PRH said:

The bathroom lighting in these cabins is very dim.  Only tiny led lights over the sink.  We were able to move yesterday and the differences between 9072 and 1012 are huge!  The lights over the sink in 9072 are large and the bathroom is bright.  And of course the cabin size difference is also big.  

Glad you were able to move.  Hope you will review the new cabin for others looking to change their rooms! Glad X has done the right thing in your case.