Amex Offer - Spend $750 get 22,500 Membership Rewards Points

roger75

Don't post much, but wanted to share this.  Just noticed an offer with my American Express where I can earn 22,500 Membership Rewards points if I spend $750 or more with Princess.  Definitely saved this offer and will use towards an Alaska cruise next year.  Wanted to share this because the points are almost (if not equal) to a round trip airline ticket if bought early enough.

I have used this “type” of offer multiple times for Carnival.  Historically, it can be used to make a payment to an existing cruise.  Payments for both new and existing cruises show up on your bill as “reservation”.  BTW, I have this on my Amex business card, but it’s $225 statement credit instead of points.  Depends on the type of Amex card.

I just have the standard green card.  That's probably the best (i.e. worth the most $$$) offer that I've ever received.  Will definitely pair it with the Mother's Day Sale perks of free gratuities and onboard credit - before it expires.

7 hours ago, 4_THE_HALIBUT said:

I have used this “type” of offer multiple times for Carnival.  Historically, it can be used to make a payment to an existing cruise.  Payments for both new and existing cruises show up on your bill as “reservation”.  BTW, I have this on my Amex business card, but it’s $225 statement credit instead of points.  Depends on the type of Amex card.

Did you.. or anyone else use THIS offer on an existing booking through their TA?  This one reads a bit different.  Fingers crossed that it applies.   I hoping it pops on one of our cards, but still looking as of today.

TIA

Edited by Redwing55

From what I've read on another thread, it is only offered on the Amex Preferred Blue Cash card ... 

I have the Everyday Blue Cash card and have been checking to see if this offer has been added but no luck for me.  

It's a great offer for those that have the offer on their account.  

2 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

From what I've read on another thread, it is only offered on the Amex Preferred Blue Cash card ... 

I have the Everyday Blue Cash card and have been checking to see if this offer has been added but no luck for me.  

It's a great offer for those that have the offer on their account.  

My husband and I both have the Everyday Blue Cash card and the offer showed up on both of our cards. 

I am anxious to hear from someone who has used THIS offer on an existing booking. We already have a cruise booked and will make payments with both cards to take advantage of the reward if it works. (I have used the offer for the Carnival branded cruises in the past and know it worked then.)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AryMay said:

My husband and I both have the Everyday Blue Cash card and the offer showed up on both of our cards. 

I am anxious to hear from someone who has used THIS offer on an existing booking. We already have a cruise booked and will make payments with both cards to take advantage of the reward if it works. (I have used the offer for the Carnival branded cruises in the past and know it worked then.)

Good to know!!  I wish I had gotten the offer and am a little jealous of you now ... LOL!!  

We have always been able to use these offers on existing bookings ... 

I've also read that Amex is really cracking down on these offers being applied twice to the same booking and definitely eliminating the credit or points if the offers are used for the same card holder.  However, if you have separate accounts, I don't think you should have an issue.  Just apply the offer to your card first and then call in your payments on that existing booking, whether it be through the travel agent or directly with Princess.   It can't really hurt to try ... the worst that can happen is you've paid off a portion of your cruise early.  

Just now, Cruise Raider said:

Good to know!!  I wish I had gotten the offer and am a little jealous of you now ... LOL!!  

We have always been able to use these offers on existing bookings ... 

I've also read that Amex is really cracking down on these offers being applied twice to the same booking and definitely eliminating the credit or points if the offers are used for the same card holder.  However, if you have separate accounts, I don't think you should have an issue.  Just apply the offer to your card first and then call in your payments on that existing booking, whether it be through the travel agent or directly with Princess.   It can't really hurt to try ... the worst that can happen is you've paid off a portion of your cruise early.  

I am holding off because if I make a payment then I have to increase the amount of our travel insurance premium. Right now we only have $500/person insurance just to cover the deposit but as we make payments we have to increase the insurance to keep our preexisting condition coverage. 

Eventually we will have to pay the increase in insurance anyway, but I would rather put it off on the outside chance we decide to cancel the cruise before final payment. (We would lose any insurance payments in that case.)

1 minute ago, AryMay said:

I am holding off because if I make a payment then I have to increase the amount of our travel insurance premium. Right now we only have $500/person insurance just to cover the deposit but as we make payments we have to increase the insurance to keep our preexisting condition coverage. 

Eventually we will have to pay the increase in insurance anyway, but I would rather put it off on the outside chance we decide to cancel the cruise before final payment. (We would lose any insurance payments in that case.)

That's an interesting way of doing the insurance ... never thought of doing that before!!  

If it were me, I'd do the offer in a heartbeat only because it's worked for us in the past.  It's such a great offer ... like I said, wish I had it on my card.  I check daily and it just hasn't shown up so I think I am off the list.  

*********YESTERDAY I LEARNED HOW TO GET NEW DEALS ON YOUR AMEX CARD*************

Even if you don't want a deal add it to your card anyway, add a bunch of them.  Then refresh your screen or log out and back in.  You will then have 100 reward offers available again.  This Princess deal didn't show up until I did it a couple times.  Hope it works for you :)

Princess deal:

Spend $750 or more, get $225 back

Princess Cruises

Expires

6/30/2019

Redeem Now

Details

Get a one-time $225 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $750+ on cruise reservations online at princess.com/amex2019 or by phone at 1-800-774-6237 by 6/30/2019. See terms for exclusions.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, spirit-wedding? said:

*********YESTERDAY I LEARNED HOW TO GET NEW DEALS ON YOUR AMEX CARD*************

Even if you don't want a deal add it to your card anyway, add a bunch of them.  Then refresh your screen or log out and back in.  You will then have 100 reward offers available again.  This Princess deal didn't show up until I did it a couple times.  Hope it works for you 🙂

Princess deal:

Princess Cruises

Expires

6/30/2019

Redeem Now

Details

Get a one-time $225 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $750+ on cruise reservations online at princess.com/amex2019 or by phone at 1-800-774-6237 by 6/30/2019. See terms for exclusions.

It’s sure worth a try!  Thanks!

46 minutes ago, spirit-wedding? said:

Good luck!  Please let me know if it works for you.  I don't want to spread false information.

I haven't had any luck yet.  My offers stand at 84, and it seems to just move the Open Offers (#) to Added to Card (#), and the total number of offers stays at 84.  I'll check tomorrow to see if that changes.  Thanks for trying to help!

13 minutes ago, CATGUY7 said:

I haven't had any luck yet.  My offers stand at 84, and it seems to just move the Open Offers (#) to Added to Card (#), and the total number of offers stays at 84.  I'll check tomorrow to see if that changes.  Thanks for trying to help!

I had to refresh my screen one time and another I logged out and in and the new offers were added.  Right now I have 97 available and 27 added to my card, I hit refresh and it went to 100 available and 27 added.

Edited by spirit-wedding?

11 hours ago, spirit-wedding? said:

Even if you don't want a deal add it to your card anyway, add a bunch of them.  Then refresh your screen or log out and back in.  You will then have 100 reward offers available again.  This Princess deal didn't show up until I did it a couple times.  Hope it works for you 🙂

Princess deal:

Princess Cruises

Expires

6/30/2019

Redeem Now

Details

Hey ... I did get some new offers by doing this ... just not the one for Princess.  However, I am planning a trip to Vegas so I snagged that one that wasn't there before.  

17 hours ago, spirit-wedding? said:

Has anyone tried (and been successful) using a Travel Agent for this?

2 hours ago, caribill said:

Has anyone tried (and been successful) using a Travel Agent for this?

Yes, you can use a travel agent for this, if you have the offer from AmEx. First, you have to apply the offer to your card. Then you have to book a Princess cruise with this card and meet the minimum spend. Booking a Princess cruise through your TA counts the same.

On 5/13/2019 at 9:49 PM, Redwing55 said:

Did you.. or anyone else use THIS offer on an existing booking through their TA?  This one reads a bit different.  Fingers crossed that it applies.   I hoping it pops on one of our cards, but still looking as of today.

TIA

We have used the AMEX offers to pay on an existing cruise.