cream available?

vicky3vicky

Over half of our group that is going on the cruise with us this coming November,  have seizures. They have all found mmj the best thing to help but it is not allowed on the ship. Because of this, they will be following the keto diet more strictly than ussual[ keto diet was created for seizures]. Pretty much everyone agrees they can make it so long as they have access to unsweetened heavy cream. Do you think we will be able to access this on the cruise? If not, would we be allowed to bring several half gallon containers on the ship with us? For those o us with seizures [in particular Autistic people with seizures] mmj and heavy cream equals miracle drug. I know that we can't have the mmj but being allowed the cream would help so much.

There is a container labeled cream at the coffee stations, but I believe it is half and half.

Two bartenders have told me they have no cream to make a Brandy Alexander.

Taking your own in unopened cartons might be a viable alternative, but I would check with Carnival.

Hi Vicky

Since you are traveling with a group of people who have specific medical/dietary requirements, I would contact the special needs department. They could either make sure that you had available on the ship whatever would be needed or ensure that you would not have any issues bringing onboard anything you needed. Their tel. # is 1-800-438-6744 ext. 70025

Here is a link from the Carnival site. https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs.aspx

As Bury me at sea has said, you are allowed to bring liquids onboard in cartons, but having written permission could help speed things up if someone were to question you at security.

have a great cruise

27 minutes ago, coevan said:

most MMJ have no odor and are not smoked, bring your medication, no one will know or care. My friend has Epilepsy and had severe seizures and now has none. 

So you are advising the poster to violate the law? While many states have it legalized, federally it still is not. In addition, the ports of call probably do not allow it. Plus, Carnival itself says its not allowed.

Note, I'm not going into the benefits, etc of the product, just the legalities.

18 hours ago, vicky3vicky said:

Over half of our group that is going on the cruise with us this coming November,  have seizures. They have all found mmj the best thing to help but it is not allowed on the ship. Because of this, they will be following the keto diet more strictly than ussual[ keto diet was created for seizures]. Pretty much everyone agrees they can make it so long as they have access to unsweetened heavy cream. Do you think we will be able to access this on the cruise? If not, would we be allowed to bring several half gallon containers on the ship with us? For those o us with seizures [in particular Autistic people with seizures] mmj and heavy cream equals miracle drug. I know that we can't have the mmj but being allowed the cream would help so much.

FYI: Non-THC CBD oil is legal to ship across states lines and to fly with. It's not quite the same as MMJ, but might be a good substitute for the trip. 

On 5/15/2019 at 2:53 PM, ecrock1115 said:

FYI: Non-THC CBD oil is legal to ship across states lines and to fly with. It's not quite the same as MMJ, but might be a good substitute for the trip. 

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-ne-grandma-arrested-cbd-plans-lawsuit-20190514-mmtgumqurvcxxknbqih522z6hy-story.html

I don't think I'd risk it.

it's federally legal, here is the rest of the story, it is sold all over Florida, probably even Reedy Creek, which I never heard of. I have been to Disney World at least 5 times.

Attorneys for Hester Burkhalter, 69, of Tennessee filed a notice of intent Tuesday to sue the Orange County Sheriff's Office and Walt Disney World after she was arrested on suspicious of carrying in her purse cannabidiol, or CBD, she was prescribed by a doctor to treat her arthritis. All charges were later dropped.

16 hours ago, cruizergal70 said:

Huh? They want to bring multiple half gallon containers of marijuana infused unsweetened cream? Is that even a thing?

I was equally puzzled! I'm on a strict keto diet (for weight loss, not seizures) and I have a tbsp. of heavy cream in my coffee, to add the required fat to my breakfast... I'm not familiar with any other kind of heavy cream! My assumption was that @vicky3vicky would injest it in whatever quantity they needed for relief of the seizures.

On 5/14/2019 at 6:26 PM, vicky3vicky said:

I follow keto for migraines. I normally use vanilla-flavored emulsified MCT oil in my coffee along with heavy cream. It is important to by the emulsified oil, since it blends in like a coffee creamer. It does take a bit to get used to the flavor - that is why I still use heavy cream with it. Adding a little bit of half and half with it could make it taste okay and keep the carb count down enough. Maybe your group could give it a try in advance of your cruise. I order it from Amazon and use the Sports Research brand.

2 hours ago, snowballs mom said:

I follow keto for migraines. I normally use vanilla-flavored emulsified MCT oil in my coffee along with heavy cream. It is important to by the emulsified oil, since it blends in like a coffee creamer. It does take a bit to get used to the flavor - that is why I still use heavy cream with it. Adding a little bit of half and half with it could make it taste okay and keep the carb count down enough. Maybe your group could give it a try in advance of your cruise. I order it from Amazon and use the Sports Research brand.

Sorry to go off track with this thread, but have you ever tried Picnik Coffee Creamer? It’s made with MCT oil. I get mine from Thrive Market (great place for Keto products). Take a look at it. I use it with flavored stevia drops.