NO LONGER PERMITTED TO BRING GUESTS TO THE COASTAL KITCHEN FOR DINNER ON THE ALLURE

3 hours ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

We just came off Harmony.   CK was pretty much packed the nights we ate there.  One night our waiter told us they had 172 reservations.   Doesn’t seem to be room for Star/Sky/Pins let alone guests.   

I also agree with the somewhat confusing initial email from the concierge.   I had replied with requested time for CK explaining that we were eating in specialty restaurants a few nights.  I wasn’t sure it was all correct, once we boarded we asked CK host to check our reservations.   I had done it correctly. Whew!   I agree that the welcome email could be a bit clearer.  

Yes. The letter is not clear that reservations prior to cruise is highly recommended. And that doesn’t mean you will be seated near your time. 

I believe, somehow Royal needs to insure all GS and above have an opportunity to reserve their preferred dinner time before anyone else. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Personally, if I paid to get a suite, I’d be super unhappy to not get reservations due to Pins taking up spots!

Pins have earned it (just try to imagine how much money they have spent with Royal to get there).  A couple in a full suite that drags in their family of 6-8 booked in non suite cabins as guests...those are not earned and are more than likely the real reason you may not get a reservation time of choice.  

BTW...this thread is about guests of suites pax not being allowed in.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Amen. The ones that do B2B will have a reservation before Suite Guests. 

That will be us on 50th birthday cruise.  However as I recall from last year, we had to verify reservations most every time. No standing reservations. 

It will be interesting what accomodations will be made to make sure everyone has an enjoyable experience on that voyage.  I'm pretty sure whatever they do will still irritate some people

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Yes. The letter is not clear that reservations prior to cruise is highly recommended. And that doesn’t mean you will be seated near your time. 

I believe, somehow Royal needs to insure all GS and above have an opportunity to reserve their preferred dinner time before anyone else. 

And they do, right up until lunch on boarding day. Or maybe the day before if someone has the CK Managers ear. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

And they do, right up until lunch on boarding day. Or maybe the day before if someone has the CK Managers ear. 

Which is likely any P who is on B2B. I’m sure they also know the Important crew in the SL/CK and some may even email ahead of time. Later is just a guess. I have no proof. 

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Which is likely any P who is on B2B. I’m sure they also know the Important crew in the SL/CK and some may even email ahead of time. Later is just a guess. I have no proof. 

Yep, email, friend onboard, etc....

FWIW, I've even had the CK manager notice our name on the manifest and automatically put us down for early dinner the first night.  

They actually like to fill 5:30 with Pins.  We eat fast. 😉  Have to get back into SL for free booze and one ups manship. 🤣

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

We are on the Allure sailing in 2 weeks and 4 days- in a Loft suite two adults and 2 children- we booked 2 months ago.  We have not gotten a letter from Concierge yet. In the past, I thought I received the letter 30 days before.  I’m worried we won’t get reservations after reading this thread.  We never even had to make them in the past.  

I believe the problem is the royal up bidding. Now every suite is filled and they don’t have room for everyone in CK.  I will be upset if I get turned away after paying full price for a loft suite.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sungurl said:

We are on the Allure sailing in 2 weeks and 4 days- in a Loft suite two adults and 2 children- we booked 2 months ago.  We have not gotten a letter from Concierge yet. In the past, I thought I received the letter 30 days before.  I’m worried we won’t get reservations after reading this thread.  We never even had to make them in the past.  

I believe the problem is the royal up bidding. Now every suite is filled and they don’t have room for everyone in CK.  I will be upset if I get turned away after paying full price for a loft suite.  

Your letter from the Concierge will come about 5 days prior to sailing. You will have no problem getting reservations if you let the Concierge know when and where you want to dine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sungurl said:

NCL sends letters MUCH earlier than Royal. I have been communicating with concierge about a separate issue and he has indicated that the week prior to sailing all non Star suite guests recieve a letter. Star recieves communications much earlier.

We are on the same sailing!!!!

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 5:44 PM, cruisegus said:

Personally, I had trouble getting into CK on Allure for dinner when in a JS,  JMHO but RCI shouldn't even be listing it as a perk if it is only Space Available.  Of course no where in there advertising do they say that, just listed as a perk.

So they definitely should not be allowing Guests in, again only my personal experience.

We were on Harmony last week in a JS. We were somehow very aware that CK was a perk for us but only if space was available. My husband said he had seen that information on RCI website but the info was not easy to find.

Edited by coffeebean

On 5/15/2019 at 12:56 PM, island lady said:

Thanks, fellow fur baby Mom.  She was my best friend and all time favorite cat.  She traveled everywhere with us in the "land yacht".  I am still expecting her to walk in the room from around the corner.  House just feels so empty without her.  

Hi, Pat! I’m sorry to read about your loss. I know that feeling of expecting your pet to still be there. They become such a part of our lives the house doesn’t feel the same without them. 

With how many full suites they have on Oasis class ships I am surprised that they even opened CK up to JS suite guests even if it is on an “as space permits basis”

Seems to me that eliminating this benefit for the JS would relieve some of the crowding issues and keep benefits more consistent  across the fleet.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MalteseMama2 said:

Hi, Pat! I’m sorry to read about your loss. I know that feeling of expecting your pet to still be there. They become such a part of our lives the house doesn’t feel the same without them. 

Thanks...we have such limited time on this earth with our fur babies that give so much and ask for so little.  Give your babies a hug for me.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, coffeebean said:

We were on Harmony last week in a JS. We were somehow very aware that CK was a perk for us but only if space was available. My husband said he had seen that information on RCI website but the info was not easy to find.

We are on Harmony in a JS in a few months. Did you try for CK reservations?  How successful were you?  

2 hours ago, RoperDK said:

We are on Harmony in a JS in a few months. Did you try for CK reservations?  How successful were you?  

I was on the Harmony in Jan in a JS.  I had no problem getting reservations every night for 8:00 PM, which is my preferred time.  In a JS you may not get the prime dinner time.  Be flexible and you will be fine. 

• Thanks 1