Upgrading from Classic to Premium Drinks?

julsngraham

Hi There

I am going on Infinity and wondered where I could find out about upgrading or is it cheaper to wait until we are onboard, its just showing £50 per day a the moment which I am sure is the full price?

Thanks so much

What do you want to find out?  Cost?  How to do it?

As julia said, you are unlikely to find it cheaper once on board (though miracles could happen :).  I think the days of it being cheaper on board are long behind us, assuming that ever happened. 

I personally have never seen it cheaper to purchase the package or to upgrade so have always done prior by calling Celebrity directly.  When I've wanted to do beforehand I have not been able to see the upgrade option online (it would show full purchase only) but have read that it will appear nearer ones sail date, I chose not to wait.  I have also received offers, like most do, for drink package 'sales' and have discovered they never applied to upgrade for my sailing though that could be hit or miss.  At least if a sale happened after purchase, and before sail date, a quick call to Celebrity would fix that.

Editing to say alternatively as some others will say,  since no difference in cost you could just wait and easily do the upgrade once on board.  The only difference would be having a sticker on your room card to show you have it vs it being embedded if purchased prior.

🙂

Edited by poffles

When you board you can go to any bar and the bartender and they will be happy to do the upgrade.  We often go to the bar we think we will frequent most an upgrade with one of the bartender at that bar.  They do get a bonus for the upgrades they do, so you will make a friend.

27 minutes ago, jelayne said:

When you board you can go to any bar and the bartender and they will be happy to do the upgrade.  We often go to the bar we think we will frequent most an upgrade with one of the bartender at that bar.  They do get a bonus for the upgrades they do, so you will make a friend.

Thanks so much, is it just the difference between the two which the upgrade will be ie $10 a day

1 hour ago, poffles said:

What do you want to find out?  Cost?  How to do it?

As julia said, you are unlikely to find it cheaper once on board (though miracles could happen :).  I think the days of it being cheaper on board are long behind us, assuming that ever happened. 

I personally have never seen it cheaper to purchase the package or to upgrade so have always done prior by calling Celebrity directly.  When I've wanted to do beforehand I have not been able to see the upgrade option online (it would show full purchase only) but have read that it will appear nearer ones sail date, I chose not to wait.  I have also received offers, like most do, for drink package 'sales' and have discovered they never applied to upgrade for my sailing though that could be hit or miss.  At least if a sale happened after purchase, and before sail date, a quick call to Celebrity would fix that.

Editing to say alternatively as some others will say,  since no difference in cost you could just wait and easily do the upgrade once on board.  The only difference would be having a sticker on your room card to show you have it vs it being embedded if purchased prior.

🙂

Thank you.. 

1 minute ago, julsngraham said:

Oh actually can you upgrade on a certain day, like the At Sea Day?  or would it be from that day on? 

It will be for the remaining days of your sailing.

cheers and bon voyage

I couldn't decide before our cruise if I should upgrade. I waited to see for myself what was available and it was fine. We did pay the difference a couple of times on more expensive drinks, but it only added up to under $30 total.

• Like 1

For the last couple of cruises I've had to call Celebrity to get the upgrade prices to show on the Cruise planner.  Currently for the UK it's showing as £9.24 pp per day for us including the Gratuity if that helps.

• Like 1

If you do wait to upgrade until you board do the upgrade at the bar you will frequent the most. The bartender receives the gratuity on the entire upgrade package & trust me, they do remember you!

Upgrade may not show in your cruise planner depending on your sail date depending on how far out it is

Just did it via CC rep on the phone

Have also done it on the ship

It is now US $10 plus 20% so $12 pp pd

We ran a spreadsheet/numbers to determine if it was worth it...and for us and our choices of bev it is worth the upgrade (wines, martini bar and Scotch brands etc) bottled waters ...