Eligible for Concierge Level Amenities ?

Some confusion on what level suite you have to be booked in (Navigator) to receive the Concierge Level Amenities...

We are booked in Category F - Deluxe Balcony Suite on the Navigator - 12 nights Canada/New England

What Amenities are we entitled to ?

(Like I said, some confusion - our TA told us that we are eligible for Concierge Level Amenities - The Regent web-site (as well as other places) indicate that you must be in a higher level suite)

THANKS to anyone that can clarify and give correct info !

We're booked on a higher Category than you , Cat E, and that its still not Concierge. You need to be Cat D if you want those benefits. 

Have you cruised on Navigator before? The reason I ask is that I notice that all of Cat F cabins are aft, and Navigator has a bad vibration problem aft. Some people dont mind, but some (like Me!) do. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Some confusion on what level suite you have to be booked in (Navigator) to receive the Concierge Level Amenities...

We are booked in Category F - Deluxe Balcony Suite on the Navigator - 12 nights Canada/New England

What Amenities are we entitled to ?

(Like I said, some confusion - our TA told us that we are eligible for Concierge Level Amenities - The Regent web-site (as well as other places) indicate that you must be in a higher level suite)

THANKS to anyone that can clarify and give correct info !

Unfortunately you do have to be in a higher level suite. My main concern is that you are using a TA that is giving you incorrect information. If you have not booked yet, may I suggest that you look for a TA that regularly books Regent cruises so they can be of more assistance.  Also, most luxury TA's give a percentage back on your cruise fare and many times also gives substantial on boards credits.

In terms of benefits, the main benefit that you will miss by being in a category "F" suite is the pre-cruise night at a hotel and you will book reservations (for excursions and specialty restaurant dining) after everyone in concierge level suites (and most Seven Seas Society members) book.  

If these benefits are important to you, try looking at the lowest "concierge" suite which is category "D" (which is category "E" on other ships).  Hope that this helps:classic_smile:

P.S.  cruiseluv and I posted at the same time.  I strongly agree with not booking an aft suite due to vibration issues on the Navigator. 

Edited by Travelcat2

2 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Unfortunately you do have to be in a higher level suite. My main concern is that you are using a TA that is giving you incorrect information. If you have not booked yet, may I suggest that you look for a TA that regularly books Regent cruises so they can be of more assistance.  Also, most luxury TA's give a percentage back on your cruise fare and many times also gives substantial on boards credits.

In terms of benefits, the main benefit that you will miss by being in a category "F" suite is the pre-cruise night at a hotel and you will book reservations (for excursions and specialty restaurant dining) after everyone in concierge level suites (and most Seven Seas Society members) book.  

If these benefits are important to you, try looking at the lowest "concierge" suite which is category "E".  Hope that this helps:classic_smile:

Jackie, On Navigator Cat E is NOT Concierge. They have to go to Cat D

7 minutes ago, cruiseluv said:

Jackie, On Navigator Cat E is NOT Concierge. They have to go to Cat D

We posted at the same time again.  I fixed my error as soon as ready or post.  I haven't sailed on Navigator in years and had no idea that it was the only ship that requires passengers to be in Cat D in order to receive concierge benefits.  It seems strange to me considering that the suite sizes are the same until you reach the higher levels.

We are taking a trip on Navigator and booked a concierge room because that the only way to keep away from the bow and stern on this ship. As I live in NYC and the trip starts here I took the hotel credit

I find it handy to keep (at least) one of Regent's large brochures on hand because it contains the description of each type of stateroom for each ship with representative photos, the suite and balcony sizes and the amenities, along with deck plans.  It's the same as on the web site, but I like the feel of paper and can flip though it quickly.  The Navigator is the only one on which category E is not a Concierge level stateroom, probably because it's the smallest ship of the fleet.  Categories F, G, and H aren't Concierge level on any.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

I find it handy to keep (at least) one of Regent's large brochures on hand because it contains the description of each type of stateroom for each ship with representative photos, the suite and balcony sizes and the amenities, along with deck plans.  It's the same as on the web site, but I like the feel of paper and can flip though it quickly.  The Navigator is the only one on which category E is not a Concierge level stateroom, probably because it's the smallest ship of the fleet.  Categories F, G, and H aren't Concierge level on any.

Agree with you 100%.  I do have the large brochure/book but should have had it next to my computer.  However, after 33 cruises, I could not imagine that the Navigator (our least favorite ship) has a different suite level for "Concierge" than the rest of the ships.  In my opinion, they should sell the darn ship or make the "Concierge" level the same as other ships.  I know that this is a harsh statement but it represents how I feel.

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

Agree with you 100%.  I do have the large brochure/book but should have had it next to my computer.  However, after 33 cruises, I could not imagine that the Navigator (our least favorite ship) has a different suite level for "Concierge" than the rest of the ships.  In my opinion, they should sell the darn ship or make the "Concierge" level the same as other ships.  I know that this is a harsh statement but it represents how I feel.

LOL, harsh indeed! ( just kidding) Lets wait until I take my cruise to get rid of it!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cruiseluv said:

LOL, harsh indeed! ( just kidding) Lets wait until I take my cruise to get rid of it!

Maria - no problem:classic_wacko:  I almost see what others see on the Navigator.  And, if I did not experience the worst of that ship (while still under private ownership), I might feel differently about her.  I truly hope that you enjoy your cruise on the Navigator and look forward to hearing about it on "our" Splendor cruise!

Sorry - -to disagree with you Jackie, one of our best cruises was last August on the Navigator.

Wonderful suite, great Butler but the best was the itinerary. Copenhagen, through Norway, Murmansk and Archangel Russia. Then all the way back through the Shetland Islands, Scotland and Amsterdam. 

Never got my luggage,  but the entire Regent team make it as comfortable as possible. Because it is a cozy ship, everyone was so kind with regard to my “ unusual” dinner outfits. 

I will always have fond memories of this journey. 

Maria- we have discussed this and know you and Bob will enjoy theNavigator Then we will see you on Splendor and later, Italy!

Sheila

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers

20 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Oh, man, if they sell Navigator to a mainstream cruise line, will I need to wear a lanyard??

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I’m on the Navigator right now.  It has been an excellent cruise.  Cabin well taken care of, butler best we have ever had, great service everywhere except one night in Compass Rose when we all hit at same time.  The ship was overly cold for a few days but they seemed to have fixed that.  It is definitely a friendly ship which we enjoy very much. 

It is going into dry dock in June for freshening. 

• Like 1

We're on Navigator next year for a total of 45 nights, 29 from NYC to Dublin in June, and 16 from NYC to Miami in Oct.  We booked E category on deck 7 due to all the discussion of aft vibration.  I booked these cruises due to itineraries.  Looked for other options but none fit.  However I think we'll really enjoy the ship and cruises.  So thank y'all for the fantastic information!   Keep it coming!  

Edited by papaflamingo

We're looking forward to our next (this Oct) Regent/Navigator cruise, as well.  And we're bringing along some "first-time to Regent" friends with us.  "MadMarine" - Like you, Navigator was also our first Regent cruise (2011) as well, and we enjoy the ship very much.  My only disappointment was when they eliminated the Connoisseur Club.  I always looked forward to that for a fine afternoon cigar, good conversation with fellow cruisers, and a relaxing single-malt. "Rcandkc", do you have any info about what, specifically, they'll be doing during the upcoming June refurb?  "Papa" - like you, we like deck 7 - forward, as well (I like to hear the anchor drop!)  😉   We will be in #704.  Best Regards to you all.

2 hours ago, pingpong1 said:

We're looking forward to our next (this Oct) Regent/Navigator cruise, as well.  And we're bringing along some "first-time to Regent" friends with us.  "MadMarine" - Like you, Navigator was also our first Regent cruise (2011) as well, and we enjoy the ship very much.  My only disappointment was when they eliminated the Connoisseur Club.  I always looked forward to that for a fine afternoon cigar, good conversation with fellow cruisers, and a relaxing single-malt. "Rcandkc", do you have any info about what, specifically, they'll be doing during the upcoming June refurb?  "Papa" - like you, we like deck 7 - forward, as well (I like to hear the anchor drop!)  😉   We will be in #704.  Best Regards to you all.

It was mentioned the chairs in Navigator lounge will be changed.  Also,  the tables for 2 in Prime Seven will be more centered on the windows instead of so offset.  Besides that I don’t know.  It’s not a real long dry deck though. 

Edited by rcandkc
Deleted word

I am finally selling out and going on Explorer in November. I am a Navigator loyalist and there is nothing some people can say to dissuade me from enjoying her (6 times so far). My number two is Mariner for the large Penthouse suites. Voyager is okay, and I even had an aft Penthouse which is supposedly like Navigator, vibration prone. All I can say is you are on a floaty thing on a big piece of water, it bobs and sways and wiggles. I have been on 150,000 ton ships that do the same thing. Enjoy Navigator, I always do. As for Explorer, well we will wait and see.

TW