Guaranteed cabin and rci have downgraded us

2 minutes ago, Moltar said:

I'm not risking it. 

You misunderstood, people have been bumped (or asked to take lesser cabin or another sailing) when they chose and paid for a cabin WITHOUT it being a GTY booking.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Moltar said:

Something like this confirms my fears of ever letting them pick my room.  I have to choose. Always.

27 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

People have been bumped even with an assigned cabin.

I’ve considered the “We Pick Your Room” option but nope, I’m with Moltar, I also have to pick!  Always!  

It’s really sad to see folks bumped and downgraded.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pstone1 said:

It’s really sad to see folks bumped and downgraded.

I don't remember reading any post where the end result was not satisfactory with the customer. Most of the time if you really don't want the option RCI is offering, they'll move along and find someone who will.

I'm not reading through 12 pages now that I also see this was from last MAY. What happened with this situation with the OP?  Did RCCL make good or did they continue to shaft them and screw them over?

Edited by Moltar

Just now, Biker19 said:

I don't remember reading any post where the end result was not satisfactory with the customer. Most of the time if you really don't want the option RCI is offering, they'll move along and find someone who will.

I just hope they get to keep their JS and enjoy their vacation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moltar said:

I'm not reading through 12 pages now that I also see this was from last MAY. What happened with this situation with the OP?  Did RCCL make good or did they continue to shaft them and screw them over?

Actually, there were a couple of threads that were combined into an older, existing thread from last May.

The most recent threads started on page 11 at post #261, about 7 hours ago. Doubt it's been resolved yet and you'll only need to read 1 page.

Just now, HBE4 said:

Actually, there were a couple of threads that were combined into an older, existing thread from last May.

The most recent threads started on page 11 at post #261, about 7 hours ago. Doubt it's been resolved yet and you'll only need to read 1 page.

Did the OP get his downgrade resolved though do you know?

1 hour ago, Moltar said:

Did the OP get his downgrade resolved though do you know?

Not sure of the OP but my JS GTY downgrade call happened to me today.  After they called me back they made and offer of an Oceanview balcony +500 OBC and double C&A points.  I originally had an Oceanview balcony and paid 700 to upgrade a few months ago so even with the 500 OBC I'd be out 200.   Later in the day I called back and left a counter offer on the persons voice mail that has been calling me that is significantly more than their offer.  We will see what happens.  One reason we upgraded because we were 9 points away from Diamond so a JS with double points would get us over the hump.  What most disappointing to me is my wife was so excited about this trip and a Suite and she is now seriously stressed and upset about this she is now just worried about what kind of room we are going to be "stuck" with.  While I know logically something will work out it's really put a damper on the trip now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Chaswelf,

I hope it works out for you, that just ain't right. Also, more proof in the pudding for me at least to stick with always choosing my room.  I always imagine these scenarios when I see that option when booking. I'm a reactionary,  I would be livid for quite awhile before I could calmly think things through.

Edited by Moltar

3 hours ago, pokerguy90 said:

This post has some fundamental issues with the pointing of blame.  When a TA makes a booking,  it is the TA (By contractual obligation) owns the booking.  

The TA, not the end passenger would have ZERO direct contact with the cruise line.  Your TA has to have been notified and agreed to this change on the OP’s behalf. 

your issue is NOT with RCCL, it is 100% the TA who is to blame.  

No one knows to what post you are referring if you don't hit quote before replying

9 hours ago, chaswelf said:

Not sure of the OP but my JS GTY downgrade call happened to me today.  After they called me back they made and offer of an Oceanview balcony +500 OBC and double C&A points.  I originally had an Oceanview balcony and paid 700 to upgrade a few months ago so even with the 500 OBC I'd be out 200.   Later in the day I called back and left a counter offer on the persons voice mail that has been calling me that is significantly more than their offer.  We will see what happens.  One reason we upgraded because we were 9 points away from Diamond so a JS with double points would get us over the hump.  What most disappointing to me is my wife was so excited about this trip and a Suite and she is now seriously stressed and upset about this she is now just worried about what kind of room we are going to be "stuck" with.  While I know logically something will work out it's really put a damper on the trip now.

Well to add salt to the wound this morning I received an email letting me know I can still royal up,  they have taking bids on Grand suites and above..   This is so disappointing I can't even believe it...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaswelf said:

Well to add salt to the wound this morning I received an email letting me know I can still royal up,  they have taking bids on Grand suites and above..

Those are automatic and little to do with the status of your booking.

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Those are automatic and little to do with the status of your booking.

As a customer I don't care how they are assigned,  they oversold it and want to downgrade me when they have inventory they can put me in is not right.  I'm going to be a Diamond after this cruise and this is the way I'm being treated after years of strictly cruising Royal?   Going to have to think twice on what line I go on next...

Edited by chaswelf

1 minute ago, chaswelf said:

I'm going to be a Diamond after this cruise and this is the way I'm being treated after years of strictly cruising Royal? 

RCI simply made an offer to you - as mentioned before, if you don't take it, someone else will.

17 minutes ago, chaswelf said:

Well to add salt to the wound this morning I received an email letting me know I can still royal up,  they have taking bids on Grand suites and above..   This is so disappointing I can't even believe it...

Hard to believe.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI simply made an offer to you - as mentioned before, if you don't take it, someone else will.

I get that but the stress of having to deal with this at the last minute and disappointment that they even had to offer has taken all the fun and excitement out of this trip.  And even if we get our room its going to be in the back of our minds that we had to fight to keep what we purchased which will shed a different light on the whole trip.

11 hours ago, pstone1 said:

I just hope they get to keep their JS and enjoy their vacation.

I agree. If they paid for a category then they should get it. RC needs to cut off booking before everything is sold out and assign the rooms. Open it back up again when they know exactly what's left.

1 minute ago, chaswelf said:

I get that but the stress of having to deal with this at the last minute and disappointment that they even had to offer has taken all the fun and excitement out of this trip.

I hope you realize that can happen on any cruise line and what you encountered is very rare (though perhaps becoming less so).

36 minutes ago, chaswelf said:

assigned,  they oversold it and want to downgrade me when they have inventory they can put me in is not right.

In a lot cases those offers go out when they do not have inventory in those cabins.  They are just simply looking for people who would be willing to pay for them in the event that someone cancels 

Just  because you received that offer does not mean that they have a cabin that they could have upgraded you to.  

It is also a third party company that runs the upgrade program that would have no knowledge of what you are hoping through.

Hope  everything works out.  

• Like 1