Live from the Divina Yacht Club or Not...

nikkiw60

Nikki we have done HK many times our travelling friends (from Leeds)  son lives there so if you are staying there we can give lots of info.

Japan we did a tour organised by agent to Mt Fuji on the Bullet train but we saw leaflets in the hotel that Grayline did the same tour - maybe your agent is in Mcr and has 1st in the name if so are they offering the stay and tour we would highly recommend . 

This is off topic from your review -sorry

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

Nikki we have done HK many times our travelling friends (from Leeds)  son lives there so if you are staying there we can give lots of info.

Japan we did a tour organised by agent to Mt Fuji on the Bullet train but we saw leaflets in the hotel that Grayline did the same tour - maybe your agent is in Mcr and has 1st in the name if so are they offering the stay and tour we would highly recommend . 

This is off topic from your review -sorry

Ours has Nation in its name. And I do want to question you when we meet re the Japan Tours etc.

25 minutes ago, sidari said:

Hi Nikki ... Hope you do not mind me adding your photo .... 😀 have you tried a freball yet? 

Image may contain: 3 people, including Putu Dwiatmaja Putra, people smiling, people standing and indoor

Thank you! We hadn’t seen this, and no not yet re the fireball. We are just pulling into Palma and the sun has come out!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Morning Nikki -was dinner good? I mean food as we aren't sushi fans 

We were in 15033 on Preziosa other side to you by the exit door and a couple of nights we were woken by a "door banging noise" and the night butler said it was the pool being emptied on 14.

Is it tonight there is the Buffet in One Pool, funny how MSC get things all on the same night.

@emmas gran Not to get off topic--as Nikki's thread has been great (and we just booked B2B because of this and other MSCers inform)   Emmas gran   how is 15033 in general. We had been looking at the stateroom and wondered about noise from the other side. Super light sleeper here. Wish the MSC boards had threads dedicated to class of ship/room re noise/traffic/soot etc. TYIA

15 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

@emmas gran Not to get off topic--as Nikki's thread has been great (and we just booked B2B because of this and other MSCers inform)   Emmas gran   how is 15033 in general. We had been looking at the stateroom and wondered about noise from the other side. Super light sleeper here. Wish the MSC boards had threads dedicated to class of ship/room re noise/traffic/soot etc. TYIA

Hi as I am a lightish sleeper and wear ear plugs apart from the statement about the pool being emptied we had no noise issues. Regarding footfall traffic no this wasn’t a problem and as YC is at the front of the 🛳 soot was not a problem either .

Skier52 does have information on cabins and his posts are halfway down page 2

Hope that’s helpful—

Sorry Nikki

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

Hi Liz, the sushi was good but I disgraced myself in that I was unable to use my chopsticks and had to have a knife and fork! I had bought a  pair of training ones for before we do the Asian cruise... Matt is fine with them though!

The future cruise chap is trying to sort out the cabin on Bellissima so thank you for that!

The buffet is tonight but the weather is not looking good...

We are BIG sushi eaters. How was the sushi?

Is it all crab stick and salmon or were there fresh fish items like tuna, eel etc?

Really nice of MSC do to a dinner for you all. Was this because of CC, YC or Black card?

Hope Palma weather cooperated 🙂

15 hours ago, Fogfog said:

Well with the help of Nikki's thread, the many MSC devotees...we just booked 2 MSC YC sailings

Pretty excited about it too

joined a Big Box because the TA handles MSC and ours doesn't. 

Will status match after our B2B in Sept.

TY everyone. We are excited

Still do the status match!

• Like 1

Just now, Fogfog said:

We are BIG sushi eaters. How was the sushi?

Is it all crab stick and salmon or were there fresh fish items like tuna, eel etc?

Really nice of MSC do to a dinner for you all. Was this because of CC, YC or Black card?

Hope Palma weather cooperated 🙂

Dinner was re CC but is also a black card option, the sushi was good there was also ahi tuna, octopus, salmon and prawn. Zoom in on the pictures.1ADD4DE2-EB52-4133-BA3A-A997953B834A.thumb.jpeg.1f2eec35cc61ed61d065d496cfeb6574.jpeg

4B77F536-4802-4AA0-BF35-EF0B68C262BF.jpeg

• Like 1

Random observation, we have got a Revolut card which you top up and you get the bank rate. The Euro pound exchange rate now works out at the equivalent of getting a 10% discount on a purchase!

Just now, nikkiw60 said:

Just putting this out there and off topic but...for those of us on the 28th October Matt thinks we will get diverted to Bermuda...

diverted from what? Ocean Cay? TYIA

20 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

Just putting this out there and off topic but...for those of us on the 28th October Matt thinks we will get diverted to Bermuda...

Time will tell for sure.......... 

Sushi platter looked really delish.........nice you were invited to the CC dinner.  I wonder why you were invited to dinner??  Has it ever happened to you before?  Never happened to us.......interesting !!  Have a great day!

59 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

No on the way down from New York, it’s still hurricane season!

the end of October is coming to the end of Hurricane Season especially with anything of great intensity - the major hurricanes are usually mid august and month of September - Tropical season does go until the end of November.

But on a side note - Bermuda is still very much in a Hurricane belt and have been battered many times (again Mid August and month of September)  - so strange to think and predict something,  that is really not likely to happen - 

I suppose that if a tropical depression was on its way up the eastern seaboard - then i suppose they would get out into the Atlantic, but dont really see why they would stop in Bermuda and not just a different course to the southern Caribbean

For me - it was a very strange comment to make - not unless he has a magic crystal ball that can determine the whether on 28th of October, when most meteorologists have a hard time predicting the whether for tomorrow and have a hard time to pin point an exact landfall location of a true hurricane....

so - why upset the apple seed!!!!