Coffee cards and other questions

tigger54

What is the price on the coffee cards and do they ever go on sale? Can my husband and I both use the one card? Can we get milkshakes, frappes, and ice cream sandwiches with the card?

Are there ironing boards and irons in the laundry rooms? How are the specialty restaurants on the Crown Princess? Favorites?

I read something on CC about Princess gift cards. How often are they offered and what is the discount? Where can I get them and are they good for anything like Carnival gift cards?

Thank you

57 minutes ago, tigger54 said:

What is the price on the coffee cards and do they ever go on sale? Around $38 and never on sale.

Can my husband and I both use the one card? You can get more than one "specialty" coffee at a time, but not supposed to share the "free" brewed coffee, tea, hot chocolate. 

Can we get milkshakes, frappes, and ice cream sandwiches with the card? No.

Are there ironing boards and irons in the laundry rooms? Yes. Free to use. 

How are the specialty restaurants on the Crown Princess? Favorites? See below.

As you know, food is extremely subjective. The Crown Grill is a favorite for meat eaters, although they do have other offerings. Recent changes to the menu made it less of a favorite for me. There used to be actual grilled scallops (YUM :classic_love:) as an appetizer. Now the dish is ground up scallops made into some kind of pudding thing...yuk.

I liked Sabatini's old menu, the new one...not so much. DH didn't like Sabatini's at all.

There is no longer a "Coffee Card". It is now digital. You show your cruise card.

Grounds Coffee Package is $36.58 for 15 coffee beverages and unlimited brewed coffee and tea.

Anyone can have one of the 15 beverages but only the purchaser can have the unlimited drinks.

It can not be carried over to another cruise.

3 hours ago, tigger54 said:

What is the price on the coffee cards and do they ever go on sale?

Can my husband and I both use the one card? Can we get milkshakes, frappes, and ice cream sandwiches with the card?

Are there ironing boards and irons in the laundry rooms? How are the specialty restaurants on the Crown Princess? Favorites?

I read something on CC about Princess gift cards. How often are they offered and what is the discount? Where can I get them and are they good for anything like Carnival gift cards?

Thank you

No more coffee card. The package is loaded into your on board account. Cost is $36.58 which includes the 18% gratuity. Have never seen a sale, same price pre-purchased or on board. Includes unlimited brewed coffee, premium teas, and hot chocolate, none of the other things you mention. Espresso drinks, you get 15 of them, can be shared. The unlimited brewed coffee, teas and hot chocolate can not be shared. Details here:

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/culinary-delights-wine/

Yes to the ironing boards. Free. They are in the laundry rooms which are on every passenger deck except decks 5 & 15.

We enjoy the Crown Grill, steak & seafood $29. Sabatini's is also nice if you enjoy Italian, $29. There will also be the Crab shack offered some evenings, $29. The Salty Dog Gastropub in the Wheelhouse, special burger and other items, $12.

Thank you everyone. Since I don’t drink coffee and my husband only drinks one or two cups a day, we are better off buying it as we go. I thought maybe the frappes were included. That would have made it worth it.

9 hours ago, tigger54 said:

What is the price on the coffee cards and do they ever go on sale?

They don't go on sale but you can still purchase them from people selling them on the internet at a much discounted price. All the old cards are still good until Aug 31, 2019 as long as they don't have a date printed on them.

15 hours ago, MissP22 said:

They don't go on sale but you can still purchase them from people selling them on the internet at a much discounted price. All the old cards are still good until Aug 31, 2019 as long as they don't have a date printed on them.

I have a card dated Feb 11/voagage with ship name emerald princess...can i use it on the caribbean princess?

19 hours ago, tigger54 said:

Thank you everyone. Since I don’t drink coffee and my husband only drinks one or two cups a day, we are better off buying it as we go. I thought maybe the frappes were included. That would have made it worth it.

You might want to ask at the International Cafe once you're on board. I've used coffee card in the past to get one of the "frappes". It's called Black Forest Freeze. Is that what you would call a "frappe"?

Check out the menu (they're posted online), AFAIK, if it's on the menu...it's included with the card.

4 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Please leave a dollar on the ironing board after using it. Someone will be by to pick up the dollar. Thank you in advance. 

Neverbeenhere,

I love it you’re  always trying to make a buck $1.00 😁 

Tony

On 5/29/2019 at 1:25 PM, Doug R. said:

Yes, although coffee snobs think it is bad.

So the suggestion is that people who don't like typical buffet coffee are snobs? I like coffee made from coffee bean grounds rather than syrup. But I never thought that made me a coffee snob.

Just like wanting scrambled eggs made from real eggs rather than some reconstituted crud doesn't make me an egg snob.

Jim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2