Need Help on Glory or Legend

tmg698

For 2020 I am looking at a Western route and I am trying to decide Glory out of New Orleans or Legend out of Tampa. Both 7 days. These both would be new ships for us and we have been to all these ports so I guess I am asking more about the ships than the ports.

Legend: Grand Cayman, Mahogany Bay, Belize, Cozumel

Glory: Mahogany Bay, Belize, Cozumel

I don’t think you can go wrong with either ship. If it is more about the ship, I would pick Legend because of the Serenity area. In my opinion Spirit class ships have by far the best Serenity areas.  Plus Spirit class ships are Carnival’s best designed ships in my book. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

34 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

If you haven't sailed on a Spirit class ship, you should choose Legend.  EM

I agree. We've sailed on the Legend and the Miracle. We are doing a B2B on the Legend in Jan, 2020. Really like their Serenity area. We've also sailed on the Glory.

Edited by tandemcruzr
Add reference to Glory

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I don’t think you can go wrong with either ship. If it is more about the ship, I would pick Legend because of the Serenity area. In my opinion Spirit class ships have by far the best Serenity areas.  Plus Spirit class ships are Carnival’s best designed ships in my book. 

I have not been on a spirit class ship...what is so different/good about them?

We have sailed on both and much prefer the Legend. When we got home from the Glory, we said we would never sail on her again. For some reason, we found it difficult to navigate and we were far from being new to cruising. Things just seemed off about it the whole week. We loved the Legend and now it is sailing out of Tampa, the best port in our estimation. Fast and efficient embarkation and disembarkation with the best friendly and helpful terminal staff. The Legend is easy to navigate, never felt crowded, great crew. We have been on 49 cruises and 35 on Carnival on a variety of ships.

I really like both of these ships and have been on both several times. The Spirit class ship are my favorite because they hold less people. The Serenity area is a lot better because it has a pool. The Legend dose not have the Dive in Movies if that is something you like. The Glory has a little more room and some food options the Legend will not have like BBQ up stairs in the Lido. We will be bringing the Legend into Tampa from the west coast in October can't wait. 

The good news is either way you will have a great time. 

We've sailed Glory 5 times and Legend 2 times. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Legend is smaller with fewer passengers and does not have the two dining rooms with galley between that make navigating decks 3 and 4 difficult on Conquest-class ships. Love the Serenity deck.  As another said, she does not have the movies or the stadium seating on Lido - Lido is more cut up, in my view. In this case, my vote would be for Glory because of more sea days - I find the 4 ports in 4 days to be too much. If you like more ports, though, go for Legend.